Info on 9/3 Update of Thread
Now that the rest of the systems have been updated to Unity, I am going to update this thread.
Going forward - please make sure to put what device your issue is when you post.
It will take me a few days to compare the original list to mobile and work with someone who had console/xbox and Ipad to determine what are ALL devices and what are specific to which devices in this list.
New material will be placed at the bottom of this list and integrated into the lists above it.
I will be scouring through the different threads to find reports and mark them accordingly.
(As normal @Saltypatra & @Ozball will be also updating this thread )
Purpose of this thread - Read first
While these are not bugs - these issues need to be rethought in how they work for the Unity. Some of them are changes that change how workflows were being done in the past. Some of them are new methods for functionality. But most from a PC point of (which mouse and keyboard) make it harder to use the system. In addition smaller screens such as mobile are seeing different issues with the UI.
I totally understand about common code base (makes it easier to fix bugs) but I do not agree in exact replica in UI, UX and usability choices.
I see there are a ton of different threads and posts so I going to try to consolidate them to this thread since these are not bugs (And make it easier on @Saltypatra so she can focus on the bugs)
General-Overall Look and Feel
PC Resizing screen resolution - Default size that 3.0 used to be needs to be available. It was nice size - fit on my desk top and allowed me to do other things.
PC Screen resolution choices should fit the encasement - right now they don’t completely - lots of black space around the playing field
ALL Dialogs - either have them all have X so folks know how to close them or add a Close to the ones that you want to have special interaction with.
Dialogs that have confirmation (Confirm / No) (Yes / No) need to be consistent.
- Disenchant (No is on the wrong side of the dialog - currently has No / Disenchant)
- Connect to Global Chat (No/Yes)
- Leave Global chat message does not have an Confirm/No - just Leave (and Escape gets you out but that’s not very intuitive)
Unable to disconnect from Global Chat now (at least I can’t find the dialog)
Add Jump to summary window [ Summary ]
Add Skip all [ Skip ]
In Mail now there are two additional screens to go through when you get your mail and accept.
Once you open your mail it is also two additional dialogs to go through to accept.
- Login takes 20-60 seconds longer.
- Navigating between areas has become slower.
- There are even more animations between PVP.
- Board drops are clunky at the slower levels
- The swirly animation needs to go. Slowing down the system and actually getting more ‘Unable to connect to Server messages’
Dev Feedback Update 9/8
Nice idea for transparency, but it is way to small (was already small now it is smaller) It only shows 4 or 5 lines of text and you can’t resize it.
- Time stamp nice but takes up one of those precious lines now
- Font is very hard to read at this size now.
- Guild chat can not scroll back more than 10 lines (on PC)
- Give more than 40 characters for Announcement (Used to be 120)
- Mobile is even tinier.
Issues with the new design of the Troop area
Selecting Weapon: When you select a Weapon either as a Hero or from the Hero option it should present the weapon view - not Hero view first.
Select a troop/hero: It was unclear how to get out of this view mode (Figured out escape works or clicking on the background)
Troop placement in Team - Allow the troop to be placed in the team slot where they want to be no matter when they are added
Troops re-position themselves when removing a troop from a team - Do not change position of where the troop was placed.
When closing a team down and are in Bonus view - Hero option becomes selected instead of Bonus staying selected or reverting to Troop option
Add back Kingdom icons on the troop cards like they had been in the bottom right corner.
- Filter dialog in troop view (escape works but again X would be consistency)
- Filters - If the decision to stay with the slider - Keyboard access needs to be provided to navigate quickly to the corresponding letter in the slider. For example - Green - typing Gr - goes there. Otherwise please revert to the vertical scrolls so keyboard interaction can still happen
- Add Reset Filters to default setting (I just did a complex filter set up and then had to undo everything to perform the next one) To reset filters you have to leave troop area completely and re-enter.
- Number of clicks to actually perform a search has increased drastically
- Sort by name a-z with keyword does not sort the list in alpha
- (Not sure if this is a change since Mobile has Unity but the UI for Troops hasn’t changed and both do this)
- Keyword ‘Orc’ returns too many results and unclear why some of the results are present. For example Dwarf Lord ( I think because the word Reinforced but I could be wrong)
*Wants multiple abilities
Really cool idea for usability-layout, design and functionality for filters
When you go review Ranking- the ranking would show your guild position within the rank. Now it shows the top of the rank you are in but not your position.
Not showing the rank above your current rank, Instead it shows your Rank as the first rank and then two more ranks below your rank.
Counter intuitive reward tier sizes display - Also the Ranking used to call out the levels within the rank
Your Reward now on the Reward Tier is not designated what you won last week when you select Your Rewards button
Missing the little = on the Roster Tab to designate ability to see the Profile (The activity is still present)
Sort Rank is now using Hero level and then the Rank sort to sort the list - not sorted by alpha of name as it was previous version
Clicking on Sort drops menu the only way to describe it - klunky/jumpy
On the Seals Dialog, if you select your seals icon area - which goes to the store, the store now is in a transparent space and doesn’t have an X to close. Selecting escape dismisses the store and puts you back to kingdom view - not to the seals dialog.
*Tasks - if someone else has contributed - nice dialog pops up now, and you’re not sent to back to Kingdom View. However, you can’t contribute, the dialog continues to tell you someone else has. You have to end up leaving Guild area completely (to Kingdom) then back. - At least now make the ability to refresh when the dialog pops up.
The main screen for arena has completely changed to look a lot more like the PVP screen. You don’t see the stats of the troops you have chosen anymore. Twice as many clicks to do the same amount of prep.
On To Battle Screen - Missing Gold information in upper left corner.
This shows the gold with current mobile (old view)
Add counters or numbers to Defense Sliders
Misc (Items that don’t quite have a home)
Loot summary: Always/Only Chests/Only New/Never
Bring back the avatars to the pvp victory/defeat screens
ALL The anti-cluster, anti-gem spawners algorithm needs to be re-address
Now to go and see how to get the rest of the posts that are related linked to this