Guild Wars - FAQ

With the plethora of threads popping up, all asking similar questions I figured it might be useful to have a single thread to hopefully act as a repository of answers (either from the devs or the accumulated community knowledge).

Sentinels

Q. Sentinel Bonuses not adding up?
A. Known issue.
Source:

HOWEVER, there seems to be uncertainty about whether the final number is actually correct or not. So to hopefully work this out I’m looking for data from various people and guilds. What is needed:
Sentiels tab (Showing all the bonuses from guild members and your own)
The total number of statues bought by players below your GW rank. Eg if you’re Vanguard, then all the Soldiers. If you’re Herald, then all the Vanguards and Soldiers. This can be found in the Results tab of the Guild Wars screen.

Defense

Q. Do defense teams get colour bonuses?
A. Currently the community consensus is no. Based on this quote from Sirrian:

This seems to suggest that the colour theme is only for attackers.

Q. Do defense teams gain any points for winning?
A. No. But if they do win, they prevent/lower the attacking teams points, which makes it easier for your guild to win the day’s war.

Q. Do Sentinel bonuses apply anywhere other than Guild Wars? Do defense teams get sentinel bonuses?
A. No and yes respectively.
Note: Emphasis mine

Q. Are defend teams locked in after the first day, or can they be changed at any time?
A. No. They can be changed at any time.

Q. Do defense teams reduce the attackers points by more if more of them are alive at the end of battle?
A. Unknown at this point in time. (My guess is no, but that is literally just my own guess)

Q. How I can I see how my defense team is doing?
A. At the moment you can’t, other than viewing your PVP combat log (in the normal PVP tab) and checking each defense and seeing if it’s from the current guild you’re warring against. However, the devs have mentioned they plan on adding something in the future.

Offense

Q. How main points are battles worth?
A.

Q. Does summoning a troop count as not having lost a troop for bonuses purposes?
A. Yes.
Source:

To further add to this: The number of colour troops you have is checked at the start of battle, while the surviving troops is checked at the end (obviously).

Q. Does the Hero count for colour bonuses, assuming they’re using the correct weapon?
A. Yes.

Q. Do I gain points for a loss?
A. Yes. Albeit a small fraction of the points you’d get for a win.

Q. What is the forumla for the score at the end of the battle for a win?
A. This was changed recently, the current formula is unknown other than this info from Sirrian.

A. (Base score + (number of troops of the day’s colour * color bonus)) + (surviving troops * 10%)
Example: I’m fighting a Soldier, with a full team of Yellow troops. My guild’s yellow bonus is 50%. I lose one troop in the fight, but still win.

(50 + (4 * 50% of base)) + (4 * 10%)
= (50 + (200% of base)) + 30%
= (50 + 100) + 30%
= 150 + 30%
= 150 + 45
= 195

Thanks to @DonBoba for figuring this out.

Q. Do troops have to be unique for the colour bonus from Guild Wars?
A. No.

Credit to @netwizard for the image.

Q. Can I fight guild wars without any of the War’s colour troops and still gain points?
A. Yes. Though you lose out on the colour bonus obviously.

Rewards

Q. Is Guild Wars the only way to obtain the reward troops?
A. Yes… for now. They will be added to Guild Chests once the new set comes out.

Credit to @netwizard for the image.

Q. What are the rewards for winning the guild War of the day?
A. 24 hours of +100% XP and 50 Guild Seals. These rewards get sent to all members in the victorious guild.

Q. Do the seals from winning a war count towards caps?
A. Yes.

Q. Are rewards calculated before or after the brackets at the end of the week?
A. Before. You’ll get your rewards before you move brackets.

Other

Q. What is the colour bonus formula?
A. It appears to be a base 30% + 1% per 5 statue levels. (Changed from week 1)

Q. When are we getting more team slots to deal with all the extra teams we now need?!
A. No ETA at the moment.
Source:
Guild Wars - Unanswered Questions - #15 by Nimhain

Q. Is the colour order the same for all guilds?
A. It appears to be. The order should be: Yellow, Brown, Red, Purple, Green, Blue
However it appears to change each week.
Week 2: Green, Yellow, Red, Brown, Purple, Blue.

Q. Do Sentinel bonuses apply anywhere other than Guild Wars? Do defense teams get sentinel bonuses?
A. No and yes respectively.
Note: Emphasis mine

Q. Do weekly event bonuses apply to guild wars?
A. Yes

(Thanks to @Yonizaf for finding the quote!)

Q. What happens if my guild decides to skip a week?
A. Nimhain has provided an answer for this further down in this thread, and explains it better than I could.
Guild Wars - FAQ - #73 by Nimhain

Q. Can we move multiple brackets?
A. Yes, it is possible to move multiple brackets at once.

Feel free to add any questions/answers I’ve missed.

30 Likes

Adding this to your page

3 Likes

Thanks for the compilation!

2 Likes

I second Tacet’s thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for making this thread! :wink: A few questions, though:

This question confused me because of this:

1. Not sure why that earn in on the first question I quoted, based on the 2nd quote.

2. So, by the 1st quote, should I assume that I get a few points even if I lose when attacking? (Maybe this could be added to the FAQ)

3. “When attacking, this is the case” also confused me. Maybe it’d be better worded as: “The attacking team does earn less points if it’s missing troops at the end of the battle”? Because there are defend teams “when [you’re] attacking” as well, it’s just not your team.

Just making sure - Will Hero be able to be used and counted correctly on an offense team?

In theory yes, it’s based on the weapon rather than the hero, so hopefully the bugs we’ve been having with events won’t affect it. But use with caution, no actual dev comment on this yet. (I’ll add the Q to the OP in a minute)[quote=“MakoSipper, post:5, topic:23038”]

1. Not sure why that earn in on the first question I quoted, based on the 2nd quote.

2. “When attacking, this is the case” also confused me. Maybe it’d be better worded as: “The attacking team does earn less points if it’s missing troops at the end of the battle”? Because there are defend teams “when [you’re] attacking” as well, it’s just not your team.
    [/quote]

Apologies, some of the questions I copy pasted from some of the other threads. (which is where the “When attacking, this is the case” comes from) I’ll clean them up a bit.

So yes, you still gain some (albeit a lot less) points when you lose while attacking. I’ll add it to the FAQ.

2 Likes

Awesome! =) Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks @Ozball - I want to use my soul blade for my yellow team.

Just to reiterate, we don’t know for sure yet that it will work. We’re just assuming it will :wink:

Thank you, Ozball. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be accepting my invitation to math society from 1PM to 8 PM today.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I realise the list is getting kinda long now, I’ll try and categorise the questions into topics later this evening or tomorrow for easier reading.

1 Like

Apologies if I’ve missed this elsewhere but does anyone know why in the rewards tab it says “no daily rewards are active”?

My guess is that it’s related to the XP bonus for winning a day’s war against another guild. So my assumption would be that you should see something there tomorrow, assuming your guild wins it’s Day 1 war.

Source:

2 Likes

Maybe a stupid question, but if one click on skip this guild, do we get the opportunity to fight the guild again later in the week?

Nope. Once you’ve skipped you can’t go back.

Source:

3 Likes

Is it true that one can do all the 30 battles on a Sunday?

Yup. (But the winner of each war is decided after the day finishes for the daily rewards sake)

2 Likes