Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

It’s true that the enemy self destructs potentially shortens the battle but it relies too much on luck. Plus it doesn’t necessarily make it easier than Emperinazar (although Tinker Town is still on the easier category in terms of delve difficulty). The Emperinazar final battle does take a long time but it honestly felt safer than Tinker Town to me.

1 Like

Sorry, im going to repost this message here. It’s going to be easier to update.

All factions done without potions (posted on the forum):
+All Seeing Eye - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - 3x Nysha by meyoko{100 True Hoard}

+Amanithrax - 111 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - No Medals by Dust_Angel{111 True Hoard}

+City of Thieves (w/o Cedric’s bug) - 173 Hoard Lvl - 15 Kingdom Lvl - 3x Season by Texugo-928{260 True Hoard}

+City of Thieves (with Cedric’s bug) ###No Longer Availiable### - 166 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, Nysha, Orpheus by xolid99{249 True Hoard}

+Crypt Keepers - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - No Medals by jzg{100 True Hoard}

+Dark Pits - 160 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - (Anu, 2x Orpheus) by xolid99{240 True Hoard}

+Depths of Sin - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - 3x Nysha by Texugo-928{100 True Hoard}

+Duergaroth - 100 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Nysha by CrzBoarder{150 True Hoard}

+Eldrazhor - 100 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Orpheus by Texugo-928{150 True Hoard}

+Emperinazar - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Orpheus by NeilTur{100 True Hoard}

+Fang Moor - 249 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Nysha by GemsOfWar{373 True Hoard}

+Fellroost - 100 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, Nysha, Season by xolid99{150 True Hoard}

+Frostfire Keep - 240 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - 2x Nysha, Yasmine by xolid99{360 True Hoard}

+Hall of Guardians - 100 Hoard Lvl - 15 Kingdom Lvl - 3x Season by Magnusimus{150 True Hoard}

+Illithia - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Nysha by Keldi{100 True Hoard}

+Lyrasza’s Lair - 202 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, Nysha, Season by Dust_Angel{303 True Hoard}

+Mirrored Halls - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - 3x Gaard by Magnusimus{100 True Hoard}

+Primal Rift (Bottom Route) ###No Longer Availiable### - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - No Medals by jzg{100 True Hoard}

+Primal Rift (Middle Route) - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Orpheus by Spectrum{100 True Hoard}

+Sea of Sorrow - 199 Hoard Lvl - 12 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Nysha by MadDwarf{249 True Hoard}

+Silver Necropolis - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - 3x Nysha by TheIdleOne{100 True Hoard}

+Stonesong Eyrie (Respawns w/o 3rd Trait) ###No Longer Availiable### - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - No Medals by jzg{100 True Hoard}

+Stonesong Eyrie (Respawns with 3rd Trait) - 116 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - 3x Nysha by Magnusimus{174 True Hoard}

+Sunken Fleet - 256 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, Nysha, Season by Dust_Angel{256 True Hoard}

+The Deep Hive - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Orpheus by Shimrra{100 True Hoard}

+The Labyrinth - 200 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - ??? by Dust_Angel{300 True Hoard}

+The Warrens - 175 Hoard Lvl - 15 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, Nysha, Orpheus by Dust_Angel{262 True Hoard}

+Tinker Town - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - ??? by Goatgoat{100 True Hoard}

+Werewoods - 170 Hoard Lvl - 14 Kingdom Lvl - 3x Season by Texugo-928{255 True Hoard}

+Wild Court - 100 Hoard Lvl - 10 Kingdom Lvl - Anu, 2x Nysha by TheIdleOne{100 True Hoard}

Left ones:
+City of Thieves (w/o Cedric’s Room)

If someone is interested, I’ve made a playlist with all faction maxed you can find in youtube (with and without potions). I put some informations about the videos on its respective descriptions/comments.

11 Likes

I wonder if its worth comparing stats at the beginning of delves and delves after medals… in that time gap, way more stats became available to people from kingdom bonuses/faction stat bonuses/medals. like 100 true hoard + 3 nysha medals provides more magic than a 200 hoard and a lot of the problems of the early delves was low magic more than health/armor…

Yep, i know. The only thing i can do is priorize the old WR instead the new ones (like jzg ones, …). But if the time gap isnt that high (like werewoods) i priorize the lowest True Hoard.

Yeah… that WR ASE with 60 magic would have been way easier than my successful 44 magic attempt with 199 hoard with no medals, no epic tasks, lacking kingdom level stuff etc. since it would have been easier to prevent their Ocularen Leech from re-draining your attack or draining the attack of Xerodar.

and I might actually argue my 199 Hoard back near the beginning with no Epic Tasks, no Medals, no renown bonuses, kingdom bonuses and what not provided less stats than what Magnus had to work with the 50% kingdom and 3 season medals. My Gargoyle only had 42 Magic lol.

4 Likes

I guess that just gets me a better result for Fell Roost. Arguably the 50% stats are better than going from hoard 100 to hoard 111.

I would have thought I’d have beaten Eldrazhor but I seem to have given up on that. Emperinazar will probably be within the week?

2 Likes

You tryin’ to dethrone me, @TheIdleOne?

Leave it to a thief to try and depose an orc while he rests from War! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Totally agree that it’s hard to compare who truly holds the record on anything, though, unless every contributing factor is actually reported, and they never are. This is one reason I rarely post about pure-clears anymore, as I find my posts are only useful at this point if I’m employing a strategy others have not yet proposed, but it seems most have caught on to the turtling-measures I seem to favor)

2 Likes

Thanks for this, bookmarked :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There is no such thing as delve without potions if your horde is at a level that provides stat boosts akin to those provided by potions in events. It’s just a variation of the same thing.

An Orc should never let his or her guard down; an Orc cousin is always around the corner waiting to take the throne away. :gem_doomskull:

sees Chunky sitting in a corner staring menacingly

2 Likes

Its not the same thing.

Potions: temporary stats bought with premium currency to win more for a short time.

Delve Hoard: permanent stats paid for by earned in-game currency that everyone has access to. Doesn’t come with most of the best parts of potions, like 25% skull reduction, barrier to all at the start of battle, enchant all etc. etc.

You can’t pay to win a delve hoard reasonably. (and bless any poor fellow that willingly pays 240 gems for 75,000 gold from the shop repeatedly)

2 Likes

Well, I, chunky mono, was the first to raise a hoard to 353 to do ASE before potions were introduced…that’s not exactly something to brag about tho. I should’ve read the forums back then.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how many people have a hoard higher than 353. That in itself is an interesting note! Orcish Ingenuity?

1 Like

I have a head (I think it’s Elvish, but it is quite disfigured and my memory isn’t as good as it used to be) start on the future achievement “Raise a Hoard to 1,000”. :slight_smile:

Edit: I hope there is never a future achievement for that, and I do not wish to speak it into existence. My bad. thumps chest

2 Likes

HAR HAR HAR, YES!

Chunky Mono is da BIGGEST and da BADDEST of da ORCS.

His brain is his warhammer and so it is BIG and STRONK.

(and I have it on good authority he would never betray me. If he wins this game of thrones, it will be a proud moment as my nose is crushed beneath the might of his fist, as my friend will have fought me face to face on equal ground. He does not skulk in corners with a dagger like filthy elveses)

2 Likes

I heard a filthy rumour the Orcs were descended from Elves :exploding_head:. Which obviously means they r better!! → Evolution.

3 Likes

As has been stated, the benefits of potions are far superior to hoard stats.

Here’s one I can think of that I would have done differently with just the bless from potions - Sunken Fleet.

I would have sat one Water Elemental and let it be blessed at the bottom of the team, so it never died to death mark from Drowned Sailor in the opening and ending rooms only. I’d probably go with a 2nd Water Elemental therefore, in slot 2, to do the stunning. That’s just from the bless.

In Elradzhor, the 25% from armoured would make it so much easier with no skull protection on any troops, in fact I’d have kept at 100 hoard for it.

Imagine Hall of Guardians with barrier and bless, you can avoid the first hit silence with a bloated Silent Sentinel etc, and absorb a huge skull hit with barrier. You would also get more skull protection on troops with existing Stoneskin.

ASE with armored Occularen Leeches, much easier to build a bigger first slot troop etc.

No comparison.

Addiitonally you do realise that people are also raising hoard when buying potions to make sure they complete the delve, and buy sufficient so they can avoid full clears later on…

8 Likes

I think all we can do is not to take WR so seriously lol (think of it as a minimal goal)
But I got your point

By the way, your post proves that someone can beat Magnusimus WR with 25% or even 0% boost nowadays

2 Likes

I loved the exchanges in the posts these last few days. This is the type of banter that I hope to always find in the forums.

Since this is also a thread for tips and tactics, I wanted to put in my two cents (whether or not someone has already mentioned this, I wasn’t ready to read 2000 posts to verify):

Every week, there’s a boost to certain troops’ stats. This is particularly useful for determining which delve to try, especially for 300 or 500 pure faction runs. For example: this week, The Deep Hive and All Seeing Eye are boosted (10% Drifting Sands boost and 10% Monster boost). This boost is “tiny” on your side, but every little bit helps in the in-between rooms. On the other hand, the boss room will be heavily boosted since enemies at level 500 get a bunch of stats (e.g. boss’s Xerodar gets an extra 50 life, 51 armor, 26 attack and 13 magic this week).

What this means is, it’ll be “easier” to get to the boss room during a specific faction troops’ boost week, but the boss room itself should be left to another week.

7 Likes

An excellent point. Back when I will still trying to do Crypt Keeper faction, I liked when Knights were gifted the 10% Bonus, as that made Lady Moranna the beneficiary of the Grave Seer’s enchant, but that only helped for that one week. And it also meant the enemy was enchanting Knights as well.

3 Likes