Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

There is only one tip for delves- invest in gems - invest in gems - gems win delves - delves are won with gems - the path to victory is actually very simple if you do not count the cost.

Today I completed this exact thing with hoard 256 (no bonuses).

3 Likes

Did Depths of Sin, on 3rd attempt. First two, Shadowblade room and all the purple, and Viper room. I only had an Ironjaw and an Deminaga left when beating Shadowblade and vs Viper both Tarts died, 1 ticked down by poison 1 turn before it could survive.

I already had a 50% bonus - so i just raised Hoard from 100-111 as it had already been done with less - grats @Magnusimus :). Had Viper again. Dropped Deminaga for a summon capability should Viper wreck again, swapped banner to Madness Banner for +2 yellow and that worked fine.

Didn’t even touch it with faction team in the event itself, as I figured it was manageable from all the excellent tips in this thread, I didnt have the time, or the willpower regardless of time!

Took 4-5 minutes from 2k health to get it.

The thing about this faction is obviously the key to winning is Tartarus. A troop that can do close to 300 damage without any uprated hoard or bonus vs a L500 opponent. So, in reality, having a summonable troop on a troop you do not use often (The Infernal Machine) works so well. You can cast if your Ironjaw dies, the summon will no doubt soak skulls, and the greatest fear of losing is if that summons is killed and skulls start hitting Tartarus. In the final battle, I think I cast once with the IM, AI Ironjaw had 2k combined health, but it’s no threat without their IM and Tartarus. Kill that first, then Infernal Machine.

Team

Ironjaw
Tart
Tart
Infernal Machine

Banner of Madness
1 x Nysha, 1 Medal of Seasons and an Anu.

So back to 5 left without potions and Sunken Fleet I figure next :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Updated version

3 Likes

That Viper room messed me up good. I think I’ll just use regular team or run away next time and hope for a better room.

Medals were Anu/Seasons/Nysha (because I’m too lazy to switch. If to think it through properly - 3x Seasons should be the best setup or maybe 2x Seasons/Nysha. You don’t need Anu as Sailor is empowered and Maraji Queen/Water Elemental get half mana start from trait. As for using Nysha - do you want your Water Elemental do 4 damage more or all your troops have +4 attack/life/armor?)

4 Likes

The issue is excess red flowing into Viper. Normally it’s a none issue, and Ironjaw uses red, but the key to winning vs that is killing it asap. It’s going to cast, it’s going to do 90+ damage to two troops plus the spell which does over 100 I think.

When I faced it, I considered moving 1 Tartarus to slot 4, to try and avoid both getting struck, but that slows down mana unless you don’t use The Infernal Machine and replace it with Deminaga.

It’s a race I suppose, and of course Naga Queen makes red, and heals, so I don’t think you are going to beat it by denying. 2nd time, I just sat Ironjaw and Infernal Machine, and just tried to fill both Tart’s by taking purple and yellow as often as I could. I think I lost 1 Ironjaw, so just cast Infernal Machine to replace, but by that time I’d killed Viper and Venoxia is perfect for this faction team when it raises it’s attack. Your damage scales, because it raises it’s attack. It’s harmless at the back, so you can rebuild Ironjaw so it can’t die, leave Naga Queen, leave it alive and kill Venoxia before it gets to do 900 skull damage etc.

So tbh, there are worse rooms - like Shadowblade. Tough.

Funnily enough, I’d fancy beating Dwarven Gate with this team, Tart on Lady I before she casts should setup and only Ironjaw in that team I used will be using red, and you can resummon it. Maybe even Lamia room is possible, although it they get a heal, your done.

1 Like

Great help :+1:t2:

Quite a few have done Deep Hive with 100 Hoard, 125 True ; but I believe @Shimrra has done it without any bonus at all 100 True. He’s just not posted it… I think anyway … :grinning:

Oh, yeah. I didn’t bother, it was so easy I thought it’d been posted as such already. I’ll put it up for posterity though …

Scarab, 3x Beetrix, ASE Banner, 1x Anu 2x Orpheus medals.

No potions. Took three, maybe two tries at 500?

6 Likes

I remember when I breezed through it on the first time thinking to myself, “Damn, I should have saved my treasures — I didn’t need a hoard above 100 for this one :laughing:

1 Like

Fang Moor I hate you.
I’ve got my hoard up to 276.
This is the type of luck I get, If skulls don’t just fall everywhere for the enemy.
2nd room, starts off by getting my lead Dargon into a Frog

Surprisingly, I managed to make it to the final battle this round. Then the enemy Setauri filled and tried waiting out it’s cast, only to watch it hold, hold, & hold. Then I just got smoked. Finished with, (the closest I’ve come yet).

I’ll just continue to bash my head against the wall trying to tackle this, in hopes that I complete it before the Tuesday Faction event rolls around in a few weeks.

4 Likes

I’m doing the same with Warrens, with hope diminishing each day.

2 Likes

I feel your pain. I had upgraded the Warrens hoard to 276 as well. Medalled a few troops, and still couldn’t get things to align in my favor. I had actually come close a few times with my hoard down around 200. I eventually caved and completed it with potions.

1 Like

5 rooms is unreasonable with the amount of RNG on the Warrens team. I can, most days, get to room 3 or 4. But delve magical skull drops catches up eventually.

The strategy I’ve come up seems like the best available:
luna luna rabbit luna

never match yellow unless it’s a 4 match. Let the rabbit do the damage until it can’t.

Alas.

1 Like

I beated The Deep hive last week on Pure 500 faction.

I’m “hating” Lyraza’s Lair right now.
I can beat the first room easily cause I already know the faction troops mechanics.
However, the path to the boss is kinda a surprise since there seems to be always the same “trap” rooms, Magnus, Marilith, Elves.
Then there’s the casting a guy hoping he does something and he can do 2 another random stuff and ruin your progress. I’ll finish it some day.

3 Likes

Oh how the tides have turned.
Finally completed Fang Moor today on the 2nd attempt.
Hoard 276 with 50% bonus
2x Nysha & 1Anu
I had similar experience as @xolid99 with that team build and banner
I made it to the final room, down my lead Chief Dargon. The enemy Setauri cast and didn’t hit a skull, and I was able to cast mine and take a few skulls to get an upper hand. Eventually finishing with only my last troop

One more to go now, Sunken Fleet

15 Likes

Anyone else notice they moved the Primal Rift boss room so you have to fight the V room now?

Talk about moving the goal post FFS.

It was changed quite a while ago

1 Like

Still beat it on 2nd attempt =). This is one of the easier ones I have tried potionless.

3 Likes

…And on the third day, Chunky did complete Depths of Sin with Hoard 100 and non-world event medals equipped. (check those medals)

One of these days, I’ll get myself an Anu Medal…I used 2 Seasonal and a Yasmine. Guild bonus of +4 Shield, so even casual members can do it, Kingdom at 14.

I also recommend checking the middle room before starting the first room. This should be done before starting any pure faction delve, but my printer is out of paper, and I keep forgetting without a pre-fight checklist. I fought TWO Bullette rooms yesterday because I didn’t check…

I also had a Gluttony devour a Tartarsauce it’s first cast…ran away after that happened.

Today I got the Rat Pack, and almost got thru intact, but Plague Rat killed Tank and first Tar-blabla before I could summon a new tank, so I killed it before I lost the 2nd.

Final room took 20 minutes, so less than half that of Mirrored Halls. I’d classify that as a win-win. Screenshots available upon request.

Off topic: Save the planet…allow medals to be assigned to teams.

:axe::rage::shield:

7 Likes