Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

I don’t know how sane I am, but I persisted in the face of only ever killing 2 single troops in the boss room for the past 2 weeks at it.

I finally did Frostfire Keep without potions, but it was not pretty and is a tough one with poor targetting.

I was dead set against using the Witch really, but it is essential to help target nasty things like Lady Ironbeard or help your Wraith on the AI Wraith.

I went

Frostfire Wraith
Frostfire King
Frostfire Witch
Frostfire Troll

Frostfire Banner

(You could also use Sauros banner, a red and blue, but I figure the Wraith is actually the key to winning, not Frostfire King).

That’s after I tried virtually every combination of the 4 troops, 2 Wraiths, 2 Kings, 3 Kings, 3 Wraiths and so on. Got blown away.

Hoard over 210 for the past week, blown away in boss room. Middle rooms are hard too because of random targetting, the first faction room is easy, but leads you into overconfidence imo.

Today I got the Mushroom room and Coral room. I got through the Mushroom room because I could fire my troll constantly really without much worry after killing Forest Troll.

Vs the Coral room, couldn’t do that as all troops use blue except Nyx, which creates it and you don’t want Vodyanoi one shotting. So I just kept trying to use FF King and Witch on the Golem, then let Nyx cast on full King or Witch (both have Mana Shield) and slowly knocked them down.

Final room, well lol, I just filled and filled my own Wraith, got all Reds where I could (which slows you down to some extent with the Frostfire banner) and everything went on their Wraith. I got it to keep matching skulls, 92 damage with 65% reduction, so still problematic, but just filled the Wraith and cast and cast while it bashed me. Witch on their Wraith, FF King hit it with 1/2 damage, eventually it fell.

It’s 2 casts of AI Frostfire King and all over even with 240 hoard and 50% faction bonus.

It ended like this with a skull hit after 10 turns of denying mana and having to soak 1 skull hit from the King in doing so. Calculator was out there…

Hoard 240, 50% bonus, 2 Nysha, 1 Yasmine. The 1 Yasmine was the difference between the Wraith dying with 10 health and burning. As it had 7 health at the end.

14 Likes