Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

I’ve just been doing today’s mirrored halls event and unless I am mistaken there seems to be something new and ugly going on. The scylla rooms now grant us the players a bonestorrm in all future rooms when we kill an enemy. I can’t remember this happening before and it’s certainly going to be very dodgy having this kind of storm at higher difficulties. It also overrides infernus firestorm for the same kill condition. Is this a sneaky new gambit or was i so comatose when I did the release event that I failed to notice?

Its one of a few new rooms that came out around January 27 of this year. The Scylla room is just nasty from an RNG perspective.

Thanks. Another example of making factions harder despite claims to the contrary.

Yes, not a pleasant addition, doesn’t matter if we or the AI get it, either. Also an empowered Drowned Sailor in there and Maraji Queen…

Absolutely correct, delves are being made more difficult, not the other way around.

2 Likes

Though right now there’s a Cedric room bug, so beating City of Thieves might be more possible until it’s resolved.

Not intentionally making delves easier, but if fixing bugs quickly isn’t a priority of the dev team, then :man_shrugging:

EDIT: normally I’d frown at such behavior. Exploits are exploits. But, in this case, it’s available to all and doesn’f affect the global economy, since the gold per delve is capped anyway.

1 Like

Added City of Thieves to the non potion list, now have 11 completed without potions, 7 to do. None completed with potions, hopefully never!
Hoard 166, 1 Cedric, 1 Nysha, 1 Anu.

Tomb Robber
King
Cat Burglar
Street Thief

Went with Night Banner

10 Likes

Curious … Cedric room defeated? Did you need the moneybags bug?

After beating it, it seemed to add the room bonus from Cedric’s gold to the Moneybags from next round. The best thing was winning Cedric with King at the front of the team though.

2 Likes

You inspired me … I took a week off, I’ll make this my next project…just raised hoard to 200 lol

1 Like

Kingdom lvl 14?

Yep 14, 166 Hoard, 1 Nysha :smiley:

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

Very little discussion of The Deep Hive huh? Makes sense, the pure faction is rather ho-hum.

Beat 100-200-300 with no potions. Beat 500 with potions first try, 7 tier 5s (minimum needed to try 500 Day 1). 199 hoard, 50% kingdom stat bonus, pets, medals etc.

I think its more important to note that the 50% kingdom stat bonuses might not be needed here and better spent on a different faction. If you haven’t done Werewoods yet, that could use the 50% extra bonus. You’re very likely to get 20 brown deeds and 1 imperial deed before the next brown faction, so don’t be afraid to spend brown deeds currently.

As for the actual faction team, imagine this:

For mana generation, the fastest troop possible with this pure faction team is a 16 mana troop.

Yeah… its slow.

Its also way less consistent than King Gobtruffle at doing King Gobtruffle things.
Or is it a better Jarl Firemantle/Venoxia? The new glass half full/hall empty argument.

My recommendation for a faction team: (coincidentally my guild mate reached this idea way sooner than me, and I reached this conclusion after my own testing way later)

Scarab Knight
Queen Beetrix
Queen Beetrix
Queen Beetrix
Ocularen Banner, since the brown isn’t that important. If you’re against that, use Mushroom Banner

Moth Mage: Its just not worth using at Magic/2. Never bothered to test it.

Beetle Blade: I used this troop in all of my runs. SK, Bee, Bee, Blade. On 100/200/300, it did its job very well. At 500, it was averaging a little over 300 which is still about 3 cast (or 4 with less stats) to kill a troop in a legendary or boss room which is just a bit too long when I could “loop” Queen Beetrix instead. I just left it full and casted Queen B. in the boss room 500, which is a bad sign it wasn’t needed.

Scarab Knight: Queen Beetrix isn’t consistent enough to get an extra turn every time, leaving you vulnerable to taking skull hits. Just leave it full. I guess you can cast for a barrier if your Queen Bees are filled and need a new barrier.

…that’s it, really.

On my 500 run, I went to the Green Slime/Bone Dragon room. Turns out their team is faster than mine. Queen Bee’s looping wasn’t consistent. Lost Scarab Knight despite valiant efforts to keep it alive lol. It might be worth going 5 rooms to save the hassle of an annoying Legendary room.

Still won the boss room no problem.

Alt teams:
you could run 4 Queen Beetrix. I don’t think 4 is necessary.
you could run Scarab Knight, Beetle Blade, 2 Queen Beetrix or some variation. The extra life/armor stats is nice, but then you only have 2 QBs to work with. 2 QBs should be fine as is though.

After Lyrasza’s Lair, this is a decent break.

May try no potion run tomorrow, undecided.

Edit 3/28/20: Did 500 pure faction no potion. It was still easy.

Lost Scarab Knight in the boss room due to 3 of their troops casting on it and skull damage. Starting board was really bad. No real threat though.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s a painless team … just need good drops from beetrix’s ability … other troops are useless

Low bar is low, though.

1 Like

I tested it at 100. It is garbage. I brought it along at 200 to soak dmg and give x4 team bonus.

The Beetle was decent, but I rarely had 13 Browns that wouldn’t give AI an extra turn.

My guess is 3 Queens would work 500 without potions just fine. Or at least require less luck than Lady Moranna in Crypt Keepers.

Edit: Still no Anu Medal, used Seasonal/Yasmine/Orpheus. Hoard 100, +4 Shield bonus from guild, and Kingdom 14. Won’t get to 300 until tomorrow. For the Horde.

2nd Edit: Tried 300 w/ no potions but forgot to switch team. Guild now also +4 Health. Almost survived Dragon room but Centaur Dragon spawned Dragonette, who matched 4, silenced Queen.

2nd run, Sheggra was one hit away when it cast, killed Tank but 3 Queens took down final room.

3 Likes

Lvl 500 is coming =)

4 Likes

On Mimic room on Floor 450 or so, went into Mimic room with 4 troops… ONE mimic his last three casts in a row have been devour. I’ve lost three troops now to this one mic. Mind you it’s only a 1/6 chance to hit on devour each cast, and he’s landed on it three times in a row. Such bull.

1 Like

It’s been the easiest pure faction delve. Completed 500 on a first try with Scarab and Beetrix x 3. Once Beetrixes started looping, the fight was pretty much over.

2 Likes