Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Dark Pits done, Hoard 160, 50% bonus, 2 Cedric, 1 Anu, no medals (don’t work).

Sledgepaw
2 x Hex Rat
Rattigar

Basically tried Rattigar in top slot for the curse on skulls, but going round the outside paths, you’ve got to be really lucky it does not die to skulls, 2 hits it’s dead. Had it at Hoard 144 from ages back, had 3 goes after doing Amanithrax at weekend.

So today, after a fail at 144, went with Silver Banner and restored Sledgepaw up top and raised to 155. Failed at boss miserably after starting well. Boosted to 160 and swapped in Cedrics for deathmarks. Went round the left path, had Morthani’s Will, Twisted Hero room and Forest Troll/Fungomancer room I think it was, plus Dragon Hatchery.

Strategy, try and fill both Hex Rats and Sledge, sit Sledge til both full, avoid skulls, deny primary AI mana. If struggling to fill 2 Hex Rats, cast Sledge (at top of board away from skulls below) then fire Rats top down, when first troop cursed. Fire Rattigar when full at any point but largely concentrate on matching yellow, purple and brown, mainly purple.

Dragon room, with luck you can let Sledgepaw soak skulls from little baby dragons when you’ve killed the first two or whatever they transform too. This allows you to build up Hex Rats nicely. I managed to stun TDS and finish it without yet another spawn.

Last room, basically, filled both HR and Sledge and Rattigar fairly early, avoided all skulls, and only mana they took really was green and blue (useless to them). So I got to the last 2 with all team intact and then Sledgepaw cascaded a block explosion so their Hex Rat wiped 2 of my team and my Sledgepaw died to exploding skulls.

So here I am, with a formidable looking Sledgepaw left.

Got it to here, it decided to explode and left me the skulls in top left corner! Good Karma after today’s Goblin BS in GW.

7 left without potions. Time to build up shards and treasures!

17 Likes