Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

I would like to thank you for the team suggestion, @Texugo-928 for the revised “leaderboard” that helped me find this post, the entire community in general, and the unhealthy Tues event option that allowed me to finish this stupid delve despite my internet crapping out half the time.

I did full clears the first 4 floors only, and yet, it took me 2 hours to do 6 floors from 210-260. 24 battles. My internet was that bad. Whatever. Done now.

First try (with potions) at final level, and last 2 enemy troops die by deathmark. Thank you Rngeesus as well. Zorn is on my side because he hates the Blue Mana using Elementals.

Thanks again. Werewoods. Lyrasza’s. Fun times await.

For the Horde. :axe::rage::shield:

5 Likes

All I have left to do for pure 500 is Lyrasza, Werewoods, and Frostfire. Are any of these even worth trying without potions? If so, which one is easiest and should I concentrate on first? I don’t mind doing them on Tuesday events, but looks like one won’t come around till at least January, so might as well try till then. Thanks!

Werewoods easiest of those three and it will be very rough.

Of course it’s the same thing. Your stats are boosted by horde level. Simple
EDIT.
The only no potion victory is not akin to what you do with your standard 199 level. It’s a run with zero potions, pure and zero horde.

Raising horde? Why bother when potions make that unecessary? My horde Avg is 102 and renown almost 60k. Next new faction I am doing horde zero. Why spend if u don’t need to?

To save gems, obviously.

And to have challenging content to face in the game. Some people don’t like pressing the “Win” button over and over by buying Tier VIIs.

Some people would rather play the resource management game that is optimizing hoards, which can only go so high as limited treasures allow.

And you do need Hoard 100 to get the full 2500 renown, so there’s literally no reason to “Hoard 0” it unless the goal is to troll others or make it harder for yourself while you’re doing the potion clear.

Nearly everyone who has the gems who recognises the lack of any enjoyment that factions have to offer will take the 3 day option. Yourself included. Resource management is relative…gems vs gold but factions have a shelf life if you choose to prioritise and eliminate them from your game. Kill factions and resources suddenly become a a whole lot more abundant.

Then why have I literally never — not once — beaten a faction with potions on release weekend, I wonder, despite sitting on well-over enough gems to do so… :thinking:

Gosh dang, if only I knew myself and my motivations as well as you seem to think you do, maybe I’d be so enlightened I could float off the ground and stuff :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Then you choose to waste the most important resource of all…time

2 Likes

That’s like saying someone who prefers to run marathons rather than compete in the 100 meter dash is just “wasting time.”

The argument’s so silly, I’m done with it :joy:

1 Like

i want to bookmark this :joy:

That’s your perogative. I value time, it’s all we have.
Oh and being outdoors and exercising is a great thing. Spending unecessary hours glued to your gaming platform is hardly comparable. A very weak argument, and you know it.

I don’t mind raising hoard. I have several over 200. I also don’t mind spending 2500 gems on a Tuesday event to get the faction complete. Whatever it takes to get these things done. So Werewoods it is? Thanks @Lorien1973

1 Like

To paraphrase Evelyn Hall (not Voltaire), I disagree with how Magnusimus plays, but I defend their right to play that way.

2 Likes

2500 on Tuesday? Really?

yes I rush it from the start. I’m an end gamer, so I have plenty of gems to do it.

Then 2500 gems is completely wrong. You can’t rush Tuesday for 2500.
Edit
And “endgamers” who don’t spend cash aren’t stacked with gems. So you also prove my point.

I’m not here to argue. I’m not sure why you are even trying too. I just wanted to ask about the three factions I had left and which one to start on first. That’s all.

I am not arguing. You said 2500 rush and I said it was impossible. Wheres the argument?

Don’t worry about it, @MattDB87. Some are just grumps (maybe because they can’t beat a faction at a totally-reasonable cost of 2500 gems, I dunno — when I suck at a game, I don’t project that onto others with the assumption that it just wouldn’t be possible for others to be better than me :joy:).

And for the record, Vaped, I’m VIP 3. From the two passes that were gifts from my mother.

40k+ gems and counting.

Anyone in a top guild can be “stacked with gems” if they’re smart enough to manage their resources well. If your resources aren’t there, well — maybe it’s due to something you’re doing wrong?

Hmm…perish the thought… :rofl:

1 Like