Previously on Gems of War:
- IP2 releases a faulty event gasha that doesn’t contain the grand jackpot, Arachnean Weaver, contrary to published odds and official documentation.
- Players gambling on Arachnean Weaver all come up empty-handed, after spending significant amounts of money and resources.
- After many complaints, IP2 eventually admits that Arachnean Weaver is missing. IP2 claims this was done intentionally based on some four year old community feedback. IP2 also confirms there is no way players gambling on Arachnean Weaver could have been aware of this.
- Players request a rollback of the gashas in question, or a refund of money and resources paid.
- IP2 claims a rollback would require more effort than they are willing to invest, Gems of War Support closes ticket because they don’t see a way to assist.
- IP2 tries to weather the storm by refusing to communicate for over a week.
Which leads us to this surprise announcement in our current episode of Customer Dissatisfaction:
For those not aware, crafting a mythic troop costs 4000 diamonds, plus various other resources. Diamonds are a heavily gated resource, there is no way one could possibly obtain 2000 diamonds until the special crafting recipe expires. Not through farming, not by throwing extra money at it. And that’s completely ignoring that offering another money sink as “final response”, even if it could be claimed, is quite an unconventional refund policy. As such, the “best compromise” is at best a thoroughly bungled attempt at finally doing right, at worst IP2 flipping another finger at players. You decide, possibly the next time you feel inclined to open your wallet.
Speaking of compromises, there is a way to actually make this work:
- Send players 1 diamond for each faulty event gasha opened. The average number of event gashas required to pull an Arachean Weaver would have been slightly below 2000, meaning everybody who invested this heavily would just about receive what they were supposed to. It also addresses the issue how players could come up in time with enough diamonds to actually craft the special recipe.
- Set the crafting cost to 2000 diamonds only. It is unclear how “half as much” takes the other resources, like Celestial Traitstones, into account. However, no player due a refund should be locked out of crafting because one of the other components is missing. Those aren’t exactly considered valuable anyway, they might just be too difficult to obtain on such a short notice.
What’s going to happen next? Please tune in again next week, for our next episode in the unfolding drama.
- IP2 keeps spreading false claims in regards to what happened.
Arachnean Weaver compensation - #10 by Fourdottwoone
IP2 is starting to retcon old announcements, apparently they are having difficulties keeping up their claims otherwise.
Arachnean Weaver compensation - #11 by Fourdottwoone
This wasn’t researched correctly, the change already happened one day into the event.
- Some extra thoughts for IP2 to ponder and hopefully reply to.
Arachnean Weaver compensation - #21 by Fourdottwoone
- IP2 is struggling with the terms of their “best compromise”.
Arachnean Weaver compensation - #27 by Fourdottwoone
- A wild Sirrian has appeared. There seems to be some disconnect between what has been happening and what he thinks has been happening, hopefully he’ll be able to come in sync with the whole issue.
Arachnean Weaver compensation - #35 by Fourdottwoone