Weekly Event Post: Wet Wet Wet

Wet Wet Wet

New Event Troop: Water Weird

The Water Weird will be available in the World Event Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Waterborn Owl

The Waterborn Owl will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Ocea’s Tome

This week it will be available in both the Event shop, and in the Soulforge.

World Event: Dragons’ Defense

There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Bastion Tower, Blast Tower, Mage Tower, Crossbow Tower, Storm Tower, and Catapult Tower. The battles are randomly chosen, but they all have an equal chance of appearing on the map.

Scoring
You can find the following rewards for each of the different battles you may encounter.

• Bastion Tower: 10 Dragon Eggs
  • Blast Tower: 8 Dragon Eggs
  • Mage Tower: 7 Dragon Eggs
  • Crossbow Tower: 6 Dragon Eggs
  • Storm Tower: 5 Dragon Eggs
  • Catapult Tower: 4 Dragon Eggs

Each Dragon Egg is worth 10 points.

Missing Campaign Task

There is one bronze campaign task missing this week. We are still investigating how this happened. Our campaign designer, Nine Finger Joe, personally made sure that all of them were around.

Duplicate Campaign Tasks

There are several repeated campaign tasks this week. We are still investigating how this happened. Our quality manager, Drunken Dave, did not notice anything out of order.

Incorrect Guild Wars Scores

We have investigated Guild Wars scores and have come to the conclusion that random players received 2000 less points on random days. As compensation, random players will receive 2000 extra points on random days during the next Guild Wars.

Reduced GAP gnome rewards

We are still investigating why GAP rewards are so low. Unfortunately, the information provided so far in this bug report wasn’t enough yet to allow the dev team to come to a conclusion. Please keep posting more examples to help us investigate the issue, we wouldn’t want you to keep missing out on rewards any longer than necessary.

Infinity Plus Two has repeatedly been found to sell loot boxes missing the best items or containing them at significantly lower than advertised odds. They always deny this at first, deliberately spread misinformation and ultimately refuse to communicate further once enough proof has been presented. Do not spend money on this event, you may receive something inferior to what you paid for, their support will just ignore and close your compensation request.

For the most recent case of faulty loot boxes and how they were handled, see this thread and this summary.

38 Likes

Anybody figured out the true scoring for this event?

1 Like

Possibly base score + 25% for each fight, subject to random multiplier.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s that, I’ve had a wider variety of points rewarded: from 4 eggs upto 60 eggs. :crazy_face:

this thread has some helpful details maze was nice enough to post their results

3 Likes

I was just about to post this link.
Thanks @havok6669

1 Like

We have to have each others backs here in the community because it seems we are our own support rofl

2 Likes

Unlike another place I unfairly suggested we were beta testers … well.

I can fairly state that we are beta testers.

1 Like

Fun fact: The forum doesn’t allow posts that only contain a short word repeated three times as title, like “Wet Wet Wet”. I wonder if this might have thrown a wrench into publishing mechanism this week. :thinking:

Please tell us this is a joke…

3 Likes

It’s a joke, everything past the section about world event scoring isn’t in the original announcement. The weird thing is that it is really hard to tell, no matter the level of exaggeration. I guess we’ve just gotten used to bugs in this game getting treated the most horrible ways possible.

5 Likes

Yep, that’s what I was thinking…!

Nine Finger Joe :joy: :joy: :joy: Made my day :+1:

While it is harder and harder to enjoy the game itself, the comments on the various bugs at least keep me entertained :innocent:

5 Likes

a new idea for a bug from Russian-speaking players - move players to random guilds in the war …
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

This is a super weird event. Normal tower defense is just four towers per fight, which encourages you to use the tower troop. In this case, there’s only one tower, so the tower troop is actually… pretty useless. It helps you kill the one tower fast, but then you have three other enemies, and in this case, the “bonus effect” of gaining 2 mana per elemental star is quite weak.

There’s pretty much no reason to use the Water Weird troop outside of needing to use a Nexus team for the campaign.

5 Likes

I´m also using a team without the siegebreaker troop. I encountered various battles without a tower today, so I figured, I might as well build a team, that is capable of dealing with enemies both with and without a tower :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

You are correct. I too fought multiple battles that didn’t have the specific type of tower mentioned in the opponent’s team.

This is the reappearance of another historic bug which constantly shows up where they add a pool of possible troops to each type of battle, but don’t make it so at least one tower troop is required to appear.

3 Likes

Wait, you mean to tell me they designed an event where the new troop is a bad choice for the event? NOOO! Say it ain’t so! They’ve never done that! (Super sarcastic)

3 Likes

Prior to 2020 we were beta testers.
Now this shit is basically alpha testing.

Puzzle Quest 3 is the Covid variant that’s been the most destructive to our enjoyment.

6 Likes

Best post ever. hahaha

1 Like