Arachnean Weaver compensation

And I really, really hope the community doesn’t forget about this after a week.

6 Likes

Man, I haven’t touched the game in a year (and considering recent events, won’t be in the future) but I picked a hell of a time to click the forums again.

All my :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: power is invested in Weavergate.

8 Likes

I’m not affected by the weaver ordeal, but I feel like evading responsibility of a miscommunicated information is totally uncool.

own your mistake, like admit it and be better next time. Spend more time (and resources?) to check the gameplay and recheck every information before an update is live.

8 Likes

You ask them to do their job properly lol

2 Likes

One of the most glaring aspects of this ‘miscommunication’ is that people on the forums were questioning the potential drop issue BEFORE it went live. So many of these problems can be avoided if the devs took the time to listen to BETA and forums possible concerns / questions before the release.

Salty always referred to her viewers as ‘team’ and wouldn’t it be nice if that concept was embraced instead of ignored or overlooked?

Meanwhile, the barn door was left open and the Weavergate issue needs proper attention. Really, just make a soulforge recipe to exchange Archproxy Yvendra for Arachnean Weaver and let’s move on.

15 Likes

IP2 currently seems to be reconsidering how long they want to make the special Arachnean Weaver recipe available and are having difficulties making up their mind.

This is the original announcement, buried in an old event post:

This is the attempt at damage control in the Puzzle Quest 3 forum, trying to make the “best compromise” appear less ridiculous:

Which led to the question, what should Gems of War players now expect, given that both statements seem to have very little in common? Thanks to this forum thread we now know a little more:

No timeline, making it impossible for players to plan. Apparently we’ve now moved from “we’ll remove it before anybody has saved up enough diamonds to craft it” to “we’ll remove it before anybody has saved up enough diamonds to craft it, we’ll just wait a little longer for the outrage to die down”.

There’s still no announcement, neither in-game nor in the Official News, that Arachnean Weaver is up for crafting. Most players don’t seem to be aware, despite IP2 claiming to “have notified all players”, so you might want to spread the word in your guild and possibly refer members to this thread.

14 Likes

Disgusting.

The amount of double talk in her post is parallel to a seasoned politician who was caught cheating on his wife while snorting a line of white powdery substance with a roll of bribe money.

Then saying it’s the person who caught the politicians fault for infringing on their privacy.

Disregard the litany of ethical and actual crimes they committed.

I see you now Infinity Plus 2. And I’m ashamed to have known you.

6 Likes

LOL What a slap in the face.

1 Like

no, this one i just checked and it was unfair for the devs, 4.21 first started the post in other game platform.

Devs were merely replying to the accusation thrown

The issue is not who started the discussion somewhere else but what was said there.

5 Likes

Puzzle Quest 3 belongs to the same company as Gems of War, it also uses loot box mechanics and partially shares the same player base. It doesn’t strike me as unfair to reach out to players to make them aware they are owed a refund, and to caution them against doing further business with IP2. In fact, it doesn’t even strike me as unfair to push this to more public facing platforms, like Reddit and Facebook. I seem to recall someone proposed #weavergate.

Just to point this out once more, EVERY claim IP2 made in this matter to make it appear not exclusively their fault has been proven incorrect, the long version is here. They still refuse to honor their business deals, or even just explain themselves in any way. They just keep spreading information they know isn’t true, hoping they can cover this up.

14 Likes

Gems of Wars AW saga Sermon 1
“ be sure your sin will find you out.” Numbers 32:23

A wild Sirrian has appeared.

This does feel rather odd. Apparently IP2 is working on a compromise for next week, one that actually already got signed off, implemented and failed to address the issue in any way. Summing it up, “sorry you didn’t receive the Arachnean Weaver you paid for, as compensation we’ll allow someone else to craft one at half cost”. Maybe Sirrian only received some executive summary trying to play down the whole ongoing fiasco and needs some time to read up on what really happened?

7 Likes

Eh, Sirrian just seems hopelessly lost.

3 Likes

So where is the compensation for players who spent keys but don’t have the resources to craft AW even at the lower cost? So they get nothing, correct?

At the very least any keys used during that week should be refunded and returned, regardless of how time consuming this will be for the developers.

3 Likes

I agree. All even keys spent on the Monday through Thursday should be refunded.

1 Like

They could have just sent every player a weaver. Saves time, and time is money - a digital item isn’t.

Would people get a weaver who haven’t spent? Yep.
Would that be one less mythic to chase after? Yep.

But just imagine the welcome surprise and warm fuzzy feeling getting a mythic in the mail.

Newer players might get hooked on that good feeling.
Older players will feel good about how the devs handle situations like this.
Anyone would be pleasantly surprised.

All at the cost of one troop of over 1000, a digital item that doesn’t cost anything to produce but the time it would take to mail it out.

I will never understand…

9 Likes

i agree with you, up to now, we have 72 ish mythics, giving away 1 mythic to the affected players isnt really a big thing.

it’s nothing much compared to the happy players that would bring more players to play the game.

idk, not my company, not my decision. I also don’t know how easy/difficult is it to trace players that spent event keys 2 weeks ago, and i think it’s already too late for that, much too late. Players that spent lots of event keys that time has probably crafted weaver or pulled weaver on the next Friday after Yvendra release. They would not really appreciate a free weaver at this point.

i think right now IP2 just have a few more disgruntled customer base because of this issue.

2 Likes

AW is not a big time Mythic so giving this out will just increase their economy. Players will feel supportive.

Lying to escape responsibility is not cool.

They could’ve release an information explaining that “due to covid-19, we are understaff so QA is compromised. As a result, there are tons of bugs in Krystara. As a consequence, we are giving away AW to those people who spent >1000 event keys and a 50% discount to craft AW for 2 months.

Note: I am not interested on AW anymore. Just a weavergate supporter.

10 Likes

Wow. I totally missed this, but event keys aren’t easy to come by. Their “damage control” statement basically says lying by omission equals the truth? That’s what they’re going with?!

12 Likes