3.2.5 Feedback and suggestions

Yes, note at least for me when I use “feels like” it has a special meaning:

I don’t have proof like video where I’ve measured frames or putting a stopwatch to some moves. But the first time I sat down to play this version I thought to myself that the game had been slowed down by a tiny margin. It might mean some optical or perception illusion is going on.

I do know it’s jarring that the animation speed seems global and changes based on if moves are happening. Like, let’s say the “burned” animation has 8 frames and they take 1s to cycle.

• When I’m deciding on making a move, the animation takes 1s to cycle no matter what my animation speed setting is.
  • When I make my move and while gems are cascading, the animation cycles 4 times per second because my animation speed is 4x.

I think it’d be nicer if the status effects didn’t share an animation clock with the rest of the game.

3 Likes

Diligence task for one-key supporters:
Open 20 gold chests (twice a day).

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=10+10

and for tomorrow

Are there really twenty times the one on the left side or did I mistyped?

I have no idea what you’re even asking for.

2 Likes

I take it you must play on one of the platforms with no Daily Tasks. That’s the reason why we hated losing the one key option. For example, lets say there is a task that says something like: “Use 3 Gem keys” for a reward. Under the no 1 key system, I would have to open 7 extra chests to get that reward, which is wasteful. So, one of two options needed to be done, either give us the one key option again or increase the task to “Open 10” and increase the reward with it. They chose to do the former.

Ok - we’ve updated the keys to be 1, 50, 200 (or whatever the max number you have is for the third key option).

Unfortunately this is the way it has to be because the game does not enable variances per chest; rather the code forces standardisation for all chests.

1 Like

I’m gonna post this here because we have been discussing it on the Q&A thread and it belongs here more.
After making comparisions between old and new UI images, it appears that not just the different transparency level, but also the border around the board made a difference.

With everything being encased in a border, effects/movement of the screen appeared to be less “chaotic” than now, where the background is visible between the troops and troops and board. This means that before, everything - board and all troops - appeared like one solid object while now, we have eight troops and the board in front of a background that’s visually far more complex than what we had before.

That’s likely the cause why even you guys turning the transparency closer to the old levels still causes some people to have issues - it’s actually the “chaos” caused by more objects and a more complex background being more visible in general giving eyestrain/taxing the brain more.

I’m not sure what that means and how this can be helped without changing the UI much since you guys obviously wanted to do away with the border.
May I suggest a few things:

• Make the space/placeholder square appearing behind destroyed troops non-transparent/less transparent.
  • Connect at least the troops by some darker color (like you put some dark grey behind the troops in the troop menu now so that it has a background now) or shoving them together. Reducing things to board and two troop-“blocks”, each containing four troops, might help.
  • Shove the troops right next to the board again so that the space between troops and board disappears, just like before.
  • Fully turn down the transparency to the old levels.
  • Just give it a simple border?

I’m gonna post the comparision image here as well so that you guys can maybe better imagine what I mean:

If you want a bigger screenshot showing everything, lemme know.

3 Likes

For next patch, please just consider four (or even six) buttons or looking into changing this part of the code. Not having a “ten” option opens up a whole different set of issues. The 200 option is only really necessary on the Gold and Glory key screens - massive quantities of these are able to be earned every week. Just having the option for 200 for Event Keys will cause someone to misclick and spend two months worth of resources sometime down the line, a mistake that cannot be readily recouped through in game means or even reasonable purchases and since your rewards are given instantly and as a lottery draw, it would be dangerous to have a precedent for support even being allowed to fix this. Gem Keys are generally bulk opened or one at a time opened, so this is probably the only screen where 1, 50, 200 actually sort makes sense. I’d argue at this point that the 200 option is probably going to do more harm than good in the short term. I’d love to see this properly implemented, but this isn’t the way.

If we can’t just have our 1/10/50 back for now, would it be possible at least change the denominations for when you have a lot of keys to 1, 10, 200? The one option covers people being conservative for daily tasks for things like Gem Keys or super conservative for Event Keys. The 10 option covers opening event keys slowly to target a new legendary or Gem Keys on a new Mythic. The 200 option covers blowing through gold and glory keys as quickly as possible. The trade off is that people wanting to be semi conservative with event keys don’t need dozens, possibly hundreds of clicks to simply try and target a new legendary, but those just wanting to get it over with but don’t want to use 200 at a time will need a few more clicks. Since three lots of keys still covers more than most people earn in a week.

Lacking the 50 option takes five times as many clicks to reach the same result of 50 open chests via the 10 chest option (if you need that many), but lacking the 10 option takes ten times as many clicks, and both are commonly used buttons for Event Keys. Likewise, removing the 200 option is four times as many clicks if we are forced back to using the 50 at a time option, but is also commonly used on a rarity where you need hundreds of inputs to get through opening as opposed. With only three buttons for now and being stuck with the same buttons for every chest rarity, not everybody is going to be happy, but the denominations set should probably cater to what would be used the most without taking “1” off the table. 1, 10, 100, or 1, 10, 200 makes a lot more sense than 1, 50, 200 in this regard.

tl;dr:

• If we are stuck with 3 buttons and static options for each chest screen for now, the options should be either 1/10/50, 1/10/100, or 1/10/200 (basically, 1/10/many) for those with high stock for the best usability for everyone and the most usability across all chest types.
  • In the future, consider adding more buttons or revamping to allow dynamic amounts by chest type.
8 Likes

Regarding the key number issue, I would prefer 1/10/50 again.

Why?

Well, I rather click four times if I want to open 200 than ten times one to open ten. Also I also (idiotically) feel like opening 10x1 chest gives me a worse chance to get a mythic than opening 1x10. I also found that conserving glory keys can be a good thing; everything that can give a mythic should, during mythic weeks, have a lot of number control. I don’t want to waste 200 keys if I get a mythic after 30 of them.

Honestly, I feel for gold chests, 1/50/200 is okay, for everything else - including glory keys - I prefer 1/10/50. It’s not like I have a million glory keys anyway; I saved for three weeks now and have not even 1k.

7 Likes

Just put a line edit where players put a number (with validators) and a button “Open X chests”.

1 Like

Simply open 20 chests and tell me your experience. What’s so difficult about it? Just do it.

With the one key option you have the possibility to open 47 oder 63 chests but will you do it really?

I’ve lost the 10 key option in a decimal system (decem=ten) to read the probability distribution of the degrees of rarity. I’m now forced to use the 50 keys option, which is a huge difference.

1 Like

What’s so difficult?

You haven’t even specified what Chest to open let alone a logical reason why I should open any chests. Your test isn’t even set up to prove anything.

To humor you though,I opened 20 Gold chests 1 at a time. My experience? I feel fine. The drops looked fine. What’s your point?

I was going to say this…

Text field. Open up however many chests you want. Yes, open 1234 at once. Or 17. Who knows.

2 Likes

The point is: time, time is the most important resource in the game.
You need 60 clicks and have to wait for server contact 20 times.

The point is: visability, you don’t see a summary what you get (distributation of rarity) and what you consume (how many keys have I already used?).
You have to remember everything one by one and write it down.

Sample quantities are very important in a game with probabilities of success. The program is no dice. The probability of higher rarity increases after one or more samples of less rare cards.

I can’t believe how they’re making some of the decisions. It’s blatantly obvious that they just don’t play the game like the vast majority of the player base. Anyone who’s had to scrimp and save event keys in particular would see this extremely unsatisfactory from the very beginning of the thought process!
This is a real shame as opening 200 for gold and glory keys is fantastic imo.

1 Like

The explanation that keys are standardized is one I understand. This was put into place a long time ago — long before the changes to guild tasks to reduce players’ stockpiles of event keys. It was never important to allow for different levels of chest openings based on key count. Now it is, but changing it will require adding new code to the game.

This is not a trivial process, so the devs don’t want to spend time implementing it while other priorities (Dawnbringer in Arena, accessibility issues, the godawful status effect particles) remain.

1 Like

Oh I understand it, it just doesn’t make sense to anyone who plays the game a lot! Kind of a contradictory statement but you know what I mean. (I hope) lol :blush:

1 Like

So it appears that you can open 1/10/50… if you have less than (or equal to?) 50 keys. Is there any chance we can just get this “less than 50” check can just be changed to to “less than 1000”? Then the “high amount” chests can be 1/50/200 at a time or whatever basically. That would probably be satisfactory for now until this can be properly fixed.

Basically instead of:
If you have less than or equal to 50 keys of this type, display options 1, 10, 50; else display options 1/50/200 (or whatever the “high amount” ends up being)
Make it:
If you have less than or equal to 1000 keys of this type, display options 1, 10, 50; else display options 1/50/200 (or whatever the “high amount” ends up being)

4 Likes

Well, with only 3 buttons I think the best compromise for all kinds of chest keys is:

1, 10, 100

To open 65 chests you need 6x10+5x1 = 11 clicks
In current system you need 1x50+15x1 = 16 clicks

To open 20 chests you need 2 clicks and 20 clicks.
To open 50 chests you need 5 clicks and 1 click.
To open 200 chests you need 2 clicks and 1 click.
To open 300 chests you need 3 clicks and 3 clicks.

Anything lower than 50 and its multiples will lead the current system to extreme clicks.

To open 130 chest you need 2x50+30x1= 32 clicks and 1x100+3x10 = 4 clicks.

This would be avoided with the proposed system. The number of multiple clicks can be handled here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If they can’t change it, better to stick with the 1,10,50
However I do like mithran’s suggested workaround.

1 Like

I was going to suggest something for the game, but I feel I should comment on the key amounts first:

Now, I’m not doing any fancy math, just simply thinking about it a little, but I like the idea of 1/10/100. It gives us the ability to do singles for Daily Tasks, gives 10 batches for targeting on rare keys (like Event, which is the size I use when trying to get a new Legend out of there) and 100 as a good bulk open for Gold keys and for new players just trying to get stuff.

If you want to open 100’s of chests, it’s still faster than the old Max 50 option, but with 1 and 10, it gives you a nice pool on the small end for targeting things like a new Legendary and doing tasks. We lose the 50 option, but if you’re trying for a specific card, do you want that anyway?

Lets say you get a Mythic on the 28th Glory keys. Would you rather have spent a 50 key bundle to get it or three 10 key bundles? Even at higher opening levels, you would save a lot. Say you got it on the 273rd key, by 10’s, it only took you 7 extra keys (at 280), but by 50’s, it took you 27 extra (at 300).

Now, you might be saying, well, opening 300 or even 3,000 keys at 10 each would take a lot of time to get a Mythic. Yes, it would. But, you’re only doing this once every 4 weeks for a Mythic, wouldn’t you want to take your time and try to get it for the least amount possible. Yes, if it takes you a 1,000 keys, a 100 bundle would have been quicker, but you don’t know it will take you that many or when it would drop. What if it came on the 25th key or the 121st? Personally, I would rather take a little extra time to make sure I get it with as little resources as possible.

1 Like