3.2.5 Feedback and suggestions

So now it’s like this.
Gold 1-50-200
Glory 1-50-200
Gem 1-50-200
Event 1-50-200
Guild chests 1-10-50 (despite having almost 7k seals I can’t open 200) .
VIP 1-10-50 (despite having over 15k gems)

So they have different opening values, yet the devs said this couldn’t be done.
Am I missing something?

1 Like

It depends on how many you have on hand, like I said. The currency you can buy them with is irrelevant (eg., seals for guild chests and gems for VIP chests), if you have over 50 keys, you’ll get the 1-50-(upto)200, less than or equal to 50, you’ll get the 1-10-(upto)50. If you have less than or equal to 10 keys on hand, you can buy the 50 option with currency, less than or equal to 1 you can buy the 10 option with currency, and none you can buy all options with currency in groups of 1-10-50.

2 Likes

My guess is that you have more than 200 event keys. It appears that “open keys you already have” and “buy keys with currency” have different numbers associated with them.

Edit: curse you, @Mithran, and your keyboard-aided typing!

1 Like

Hey, I don’t think making burning lighter and frozen bolder will fix the issue. It still leaves the problems that others have mentioned: obscured troops when multiple effects applied, obscured status effects when multiple effects applied (the effects cancel each other out visually because of overlapping) and the general visual noise when multiple effects applied. I know that I simply don’t look at the troops and at the numbers to avoid being overwhelmed but that’s not a good gameplay.

3 Likes

This! Makes the most sense because it doesn’t hinder lower level players who don’t have or want to use large numbers of keys at once and still allows end gamers to use bulk amounts of keys faster. Neither is inconvenienced by the other’s convenience.

1 Like

Number of chest that should be possible to open in 1 time:

Gold chests: 10x - 100x - 500x (1x just makes no sense with gold chest)

Glory chests: 1x - 50x - 200x (or 5x - 50x - 200x if daily task is raised to open 5x glory chest)

Gems, Guild, Event and VIP chests: 1x - 10x - 50x (makes no sense to allow more than 50x with all of them)

1 makes perfect sense for Glory keys, if I only need to open 3 of them to complete a Daily Task.

1 Like

Glory keys are not so rare and this task rarely comes so wont be a big deal. Gem keys are more precious.
But 1x - 50x - 200x for glory chests fine too.

Fair point. You just said it makes no sense, like it has no purpose. I just wanted to show you a case where it did. I understand your point though.

EDIT 1: Also, honestly, if they modified the Daily Tasks by changing the 3 keys to 10 and just increasing the reward accordlting, I wouldn’t mind a system that started at 10. Maybe 10/50/100 or 200. My main concern is just those under 10 key tasks. I don’t want to have to open up extra chests for the same reward.

EDIT 2: On second thought, I would prefer 100 over 200. There’s a open 100 gold key task as well, I wouldn’t want to have to open twice the keys for it. Plus, 100 is still a pretty good pool. So, yeah, I think 10/50/100 would be great as long as the Daily Tasks are changed to 10s as well.

3 Likes

with 10x - 100x - 500x gold chests option, you can open 100 in one time for daily task.
I have edited glory chest numbers after your remark.
I remembered only the task to open 10 glory keys. The one with 3 is a slot 1 task?

Honestly, speaking about Daily Tasks, in general, I think as a whole they need some re-balancing. For exanple, there is a tasks where 8 battles with 3 unique Khetar troops gives you 100 souls. Really? I can do that in a battle with a crappy soul farming team. That 100 May be okay for early game players, but it’s a slap in the face to us late game players, in my opinion.

1 Like

Yes, sometimes the only real reward for completing a task is getting it out of the way so I can get a different one the next day. Saying that, the idea of the devs reworking the task system terrifies me, since I know that none of them actually play regularly on console, so they have no idea how integrated into our playstyle it is.

4 Likes

Before I forget, I have a suggestion about hero looks. With the new update, you guys made it so we can use the bonuses of one armor and the look of another, which helped open the diversity of looks for our heroes a bit.

I propose adding another one to the game: a Dark Elf look/skin color (like your Shadowblade troop). Humans get a light and dark option and with the other race options, you get to choose from a couple of different beasts/animals.

I would just like to see Elves get a similar treatment. My hero has been an Elf from day one and I just would like a similar option to what human characters get. Hell, even make it a $5 pack or something, I would absolutely buy that.

Nice idea. I think reworking the daily tasks to fit the chest opening numbers could be a good idea. I bet quite a few people would pull mythics in non exclusive weeks too, always a bonus.

I want to weigh in on the “great key debate” because why not. I like to try summarizing both sides.

• 1 key seems to be a highly desirable option from players, even players who have a lot. Sometimes it’s fun to blow a few keys at a time.
  • That there are daily tasks on console to spend X keys implies that whatever the “small” button does, it should be a divisor of X. Some people don’t want to push “1 key” 10 times, but no one wants to spend 50 keys to achieve these goals.
  • The “high” number for keys is hard to set. It should probably be “as many as you have”.

That makes picking the middle value in a 3-button setup hard. “1” and “all” I think satisfy most people for the “low” and “high”. But if the middle is too big, the 1 button becomes tedious. If it’s too small, it’s superfluous.

It seems like 10 or 50 are popular values for the “middle”.

My personal opinion:

1 and “all” are good options. The only other sensible option is hard, and will take time to develop. I think the middle button should be “tell me how many to use”. That way someone with a prime number fetish can burn up 37 keys at a time, or someone can spend exactly half their keys for whatever reason. It’s a common developer UI cop-out: “If you can’t come up with a good default, make it an option.”

That said, I want to stress to players (as a career dev) that “just adding an extra dialog” can be more difficult than it sounds. Taking user input for an amount is finicky, and they have to make sure you can see how many keys you have as you’re choosing a value. The UI has to work on a phone, a tablet, PC, and consoles. Where you see one little feature, I see an entire test matrix of 10-15 features and the assumption I probably haven’t thought of 5-10 more cases yet. I don’t think it’s reasonable we’ll get this fast. And I think there’s a list of other things (like Dawnbringer in arena) that would be overall better for the game.

But “1” and “all” make sense. It’s the middle button that’s the booger.

2 Likes

Personally, “all” does not make sense to me unless the number of keys that I have is very small. If I want to take a run at a mythic, but don’t want to burn all of my glory and gem keys, I want to use a reasonable number, but not necessarily a couple thousand (or even a couple hundred if it’s gem keys) at once. If I get that mythic in the first couple hundred keys, I want to save the remainder for next time. I could see using all on gold keys when a new kingdom comes up, but that’s about it for me.

2 Likes

1-25-100?
Seems to be middle ground

OK, but hear me out in the context of having to choose three values.

This viewpoint escaped my consideration because, to me, it is ridiculous to imagine a world where I have so many keys it’s likely I’ll get the cards I want without using them all. I only have 3 mythics, and I’m missing several key legendaries. So if I have gem keys, they’re getting spent, the end. But you are right, at some point I expect to have everything, and in that context I don’t want to blow 1,000 keys at a time, I do kind of want the tedium of going 5-10 keys at a time and stopping when I get lucky.

But if “all” is too big, what is big enough? It feels like it has to correspond, proportionally, to the middle value. 1/50/100 makes sense, but what if someone wants 500? 1/50/500 feels a little goofy?

This is why I think the ideal is 1/“some”/“all”, where “some” means “you tell me how many”. It feels like the “right” amount is a very personal thing that can change as a player progresses through the game. 1 is a good value for everyone. Pretty much everything else is questionable.

I wonder if we shouldn’t make chest redemption UI work kind of like the clan task payment thing, which I always thought was really clever. There’s room for 5 buttons, so you could have +1, +5, +10, +50, “complete”. Up to “a few hundred” keys that makes it pretty easy to get exactly the number you want in a hurry.

2 Likes

I think 200 is the max they’ll allow due to server errors etc, or whatever the techie reason is.

1 Like

Weren’t you just arguing that “you tell me how many” is a rat’s nest of potential problems?

The nerf to guild rewards and the fact that I’m pretty end-game in terms of collecting has forced me to be mercilessly efficient when it comes to using gem and event keys. I can’t afford to waste (m)any there, but I don’t enjoy opening keys 1 at a time either. 10 is a good number for event keys, but pointless for gold keys.

I really like @mithran’s idea of just raising the threshold where the 200 option kicks in to when you have 1000 keys or more, so it is 1, 10, 50 if you have less than 1000 keys and 1, 50, 200 if you have over 1000. That seems like a perfect compromise if we can’t have more than 3 options, a choose your own value option or different amounts for different types of keys.

2 Likes