New List of Quality of Life Improvements

Welcome to the new quality of life improvements thread. Thanks to @Studs for managing the list previously.

Please remember that this is not a nerf/buff suggestion thread. This thread is also not for making mechanic change suggestions. Limit your suggestions to quality of life (generally interface) tweaks and additions.

##List of QoL Issues by Category:
Click a category to open it.

GENERAL

⦿ For the love of god, please improve the load times. I can’t imagine how much more I would play this game if I didn’t have to deal with the spinning wheel all the time.
⦿ Don’t kick the player back to the world map after they complete every Quest/Challenge/Explore battle
⦿ Time stamps on chat
⦿ Enable player-to-player mail and/or private chat (or give Guild leaders the ability to do so at the very least)
⦿ Make it clearer which traitstones drop in each Kingdom. For example, when you click the icon of an Arcane, regardless of where (crafting UI, collection, etc) it should jump the player to the map with the relevant kingdom selected.
⦿ Indicate the bonus attribute for each city on the world map screen
⦿ Ignore button for specific players in chat (for spammers, disagreeable folk, etc.)
⦿ List all Kingdoms that give tribute when tribute is received
⦿ Include a time-to-next-tribute indicator on the home kingdom
⦿ Include a “Tribute Is Ready” icon when anywhere outside of world map and tribute is ready to collect
⦿ Show the Souls currency on the HUD along with the other currencies
⦿ On the hero collection screen, include an overall count of traitstones & souls needed to completely finish every existing troop. Could only be visible after level 100 or so if worried about scaring off new players.
⦿ Only show Legendary/Mythic drops that are new for that player in chat.
⦿ Ability to toggle profanity filter in chat.
⦿ Higher character limit in chat with word wrap.
⦿ Ability to search for a user and see their profile.
⦿ Ranked PvP buries your ranking, the progress made with each win, and the rewards. I should know my ranking when I hit the PvP screen, and ideally I should see how much I gained/lost with each win. And where to find the rewards is totally unintuitive.
⦿ Make the forums accessible from within the app.
⦿ Ability to export your “holdings” for use in things like the To-Do monitor.
⦿ Add a “no flashy things” effect for the impaired/seizure prone. (Namely for the flashy exclamation points.) Also, when the game is over and the board screen changes to the notification screen there is a very bright flash of light. After playing many games this becomes VERY difficult on the eyes. Also with all of the flashes for the Traits animations.
⦿ Consider alphabetizing the Arcane Traitstones in the Hero Collection (as opposed to ordering by color).
⦿ Include something on the world map that shows when you’ve completed all of the challenges for a specific kingdom for ease of tracking completion.
⦿ Enable PC users to window the game and it continue playing
⦿ When you select a Kingdom on the world map, one of the options should be ‘Troops’ (along with quest, challenge, explore etc) → this should take you into the Troops set of screens with a filter on for the Kingdom you came from. And on that filtered screen for the Kingdoms troops should be the power level progress bar for that kingdom.
⦿ For each language that the game is translated to, set a different default chat channel. Anyone could switch to whatever channel they liked, but it would make it easier for folks to find each other. Ideally make it known that a given channel is for a specific language as well.
⦿ Improve sensitivity of mouse wheel scrolling in the troop section for PC players. Currently very difficult to use.
⦿ When viewing Hero, default to the Collection tab. It’s the most viewed, and no one pays attention to the mana bonuses.
⦿ Using LB and RB buttons on Xbox to select skills are very loud. Can there be an alternate setup that uses LT/RT triggers instead? Our ears get hammered with the current setup.
⦿ Can we get controller support for the PC version?
⦿ Please make spelling/phrasing of spells and their effects consistent. (Every gem transforming spell written with same phrase for example “transform red” instead of using variety of words like transform /convert /turn - so we could use search window to actually seatch all spells of same effect, same with the stat buffing spells, giving life, etc.)
⦿ Instead of having to click away the Traitstone you receive at the end of every battle just present it ON the rewards screen.
⦿ The game should remembers the last-used team independently for PvP and Explore Mode.
⦿ Show the invite code when you click on the recruit button for someone. (Because you can’t invite people who are in guilds, there is often an issue with timing trying to get people naked and send them an invite. Plus newer players are often confused on how to see their invite code.)
⦿ Kingdom-specific defense bonuses so home kingdom is meaningful in PVP beyond traitstone reward.
⦿ Startling sounds: When frozen troop can’t give an extra turn; Some Mana Surge SFX are louder than others. Makes me jump sometimes. Especially bad on console.
⦿ On the map screen when you click on a Kingdom it brings up a semi-circle of buttons. Make the Quest and Challenges buttons have some kind of visual indicator showing when they are completed.
⦿ Enable button remapping for controllers.
⦿ Upon leveling up, consider ordering the Masteries from lowest bonus to highest so it’s easier to level them up. Also consider presenting the color that is lower in Masteries on the right so players easily know which to select. Or, even better, just auto-level throughout (as early players may handicap themselves later game by taking a very bad path early).
⦿ Add a counter that displays the numerical value of all gems/skulls on the board. Image
⦿ Get a notification on our phones/desktop when our tribute is ready, and we are not in game. (with opt-out option)
⦿ Add the ability to click on any team from the guild league page and see who is on the team.
⦿ Consistently show kingdom stars on the kingdom power screen. Image
⦿ Display the name of the kingdom along with the banner name.
⦿ Add a “World Status” menu.
Make "quest available" symbol more visible - #4 by Strat
⦿ The “Mana Surge” announcement gets annoying when your masteries get high enough that your matches surge often. I’d like an option to turn off the sound for it—just the “Mana Surge” text is sufficient.
⦿ Buy Spoil of War in bulk.

TROOPS

⦿ Ascending/Disenchanting should allow users to hit the left arrow and take the count from 1 to Max
⦿ Display the base rarity of troops on their card (C, R, U, E, L, M)
⦿ Enable filtering of troops by two mana colors
⦿ Enable filtering of troops by base rarity (vs current rarity)
⦿ Sort in reverse for troops. Like the z to a but for lowest to highest lvl, rarity, etc.
⦿ Make it easier to reorder teams in the teams list
⦿ More team slots please
⦿ Enable players to see the traitstones needed for each trait on a troop (and not just the next trait they need to unlock)
⦿ Enable level select when leveling up troops. People want to be able to see the costs at each level and what they get for those levels.
⦿ Tapping on an Arcane Traitstone in the troop upgrade menu should tell me where I can get the traitstone.
⦿ When upgrading a troop, it should show you what the troop looks like at max level. Even better, it should tell me how many souls I need to get it the rest of the way. Even better, it should allow me to pay gems to immediately upgrade it the rest of the way. Even better, if I don’t have those gems then it should enable me to purchase them immediately.
⦿ It’s a pain jumping between the map and the filtered troop list when trying to level a kingdom’s power to a new star level. Can you show a kingdoms power level when you filter the Troop list by kingdom? Or add a “Troops” button to each kingdom while in map view? Or both?
⦿ Make clicking on a stone in the Hero->Collections menu show the kingdoms that drop that stone
⦿ Allow sorting of troops by “number of stones that would be left after upgrading a trait” or by min/max amount of a traitstone that you own. Essentially, ability to filter troops by Traitstone requirements/owned.
⦿ Have the name of the kingdom the flag represents at the flag selection screen. Alternatively, show the flag the kingdom uses on the kingdom screen. Or both. (This makes tasks requiring you to use the flag from a specific kingdom far easier to identify and you don’t need to look up which flag corresponds to which city on the internet.)
⦿ Disallow disenchanting all copies of a troop (i.e., can only disenchant down to 1 copy).
⦿ When showing the list of troops in a team, put a colored border around each troop corresponding to the rarity of the troop so players can easily see the rarity of troops (per Shimrra’s design).
⦿ When players click on a troop, default to the “center” panel that shows the troop’s base stats (not its spell). OR: Show all three sides at once.
⦿ Enable players to click on the kingdom icon on a troop to show a filtered list of all troops in that kingdom.
⦿ Consider displaying the kingdom banner instead of the crest on the drop down since the banner looks better and is easier to interpret. (Right now many get confused by which kingdom is displayed, especially on mobile.)
⦿ Include in the spell description info regarding how the spell scales with magic.
⦿ For Banner selection, use a drop-down list, or a wheel we can spin through, rather than the left/right arrows since there are so many now.
⦿ “Give mana burn some goddamn damage numbers.”
⦿ Get the ! on the troops tab when I have something eligible for ascension.
⦿ Timer for troop refunds.
⦿ Include a “Mass Ascend” button that ascends all available troops.
⦿ Ability to see other player’s troops list and/or teams.
⦿ Include the ability to set default team selection for PVP, Explore and to a lesser extend Challenge and casual PVP. Or even better, tabs for each category on the troops page.
⦿ On the hero overview screen, when you tab over to hero classes, it would be great if it would show the traits you’ve unlocked on the left side of each class like it does for troops. This would allow you to see which ones you’ve unlocked without having to actually go into the class.
⦿ In the Class UI, show the + icon for classes that have currently upgradeable traits - Ending the “can I upgrade anything yet?” click-fest
⦿ When the player clicks “Clear Team” in addition to the roster clearing, the team name should automatically reset and the banner should revert to default (Broken Banner)
⦿ Add a filter to troop search for troops that gain buffs for the new weekly event system.
⦿ Include a button to skip to Top/Bottom of troop list
⦿ Please include a “clear all” button for the full team list so players can reset all troop teams at once.
⦿ On console, when you chat and use a word in the censor list you see the entire sentence censored so you have no idea what’s said nor what the problem was if it was unintentional. This is extra painful on console since it’s harder to write things. It would be great to see a smarter censor system.
⦿ Create a lock on at least one of each mythic you have as not to delete a very hard earned card. Or just disallow disenchanting the last copy of a card.
⦿ In the troop screen, if you click on of the troops on the “your teams” side it should auto go to that troop on the right side where all your troops are.
⦿ Add some kind of tiny icon or colored jewel on the team interface beside corresponding troops with a “Link” Trait bonus (Air Link, Magic Link, etc). Image
⦿ Add the ability to manually type in the amount of levels you would like to upgrade on a troop on the Level Up screen. (Or, add a +5 levels increment button.)
⦿ Tag all guild war troops by some keyword to search by (since there will be more of them, there is no guarantee the rest also creates storm plus “storm” search shows more units then the guild war ones)
⦿ Ability to set up a defense team just for testing that does not alter the defense team you have setup in PVP. [It would be better if you could also use this to practice against cards/traits that you don’t own.]

COMBAT

⦿ Either default to, or allow an option for, having all traits apply at once at the start of a battle
⦿ Ludicrous Speed or No Animation setting for battles
⦿ Ability to check Spells/Traits during the AI’s turn
⦿ Ability to disable confirmation of spell usage (for faster casting of spells)
⦿ Enable the ability to cancel a spell cast that requires a target, at the dimmed-out “Select a Target” phase
⦿ Show the flags while in combat
⦿ Allow filtering troops by stone required
⦿ Enable players to quit out/retreat on the opponent’s turn. (No stuck in their endless loop please!)
⦿ Add hotkeys for troops 1-4 for PC.
⦿ Would be very cool if spells with conditions would shine for example with golden glow around available spell if the condition is met. Just want to make it easier to tell if the condition is met when/before casting it.
⦿ Replay feature so we can watch defensive fights, please!
⦿ When you cast a targetable spell but there is only 1 AI troop left it should auto target.
⦿ Timer display somewhere in the match, as well as a match time on the final screen.
⦿ In combat, bind cast button to space bar on PC.
⦿ Remove (or reduce) the hint delay during combat.
⦿ Players tend to see the same opponents over and over again. Is there a way to increase opponent variety?
⦿ Include a “Quick Select” option to enable players to flag their favorite teams so they can then easily grab one of their favorite teams before going into battle.
⦿ Spells with mechanic “if x or more gems on board does y” should have an indication that the conditions on the board are met (e.g., a glowing border like in Hearthstone).
⦿ I’d love it if spells with variable (but fixed if cast now) effects were precalculated for you. So if you clicked on a spell that scales up per 3 red it would show +2 if there were 7 red gems at that time.
⦿ Opponents that can’t be targeted (stealthy, impervious, etc.) should dim when the spell is open, before it is cast, as should all but the first/last troop when those spells are open.
⦿ When you cast a spell and select an enemy to target on PC, the game commits to the spell cast even if you roll your mouse cursor off and then let go of the mouse button. This should be changed so that the game only commits to the target if the mouse cursor is still over the target when the mouse button is released. (I.e., have clicks take effect only on mouse button up.)
⦿ On console, i would like to have the option to set pvp 3 trophy fight by default so we won’t have to always move the left stick twice to the right to do 3 trophy fights.
⦿ Add a button that immediately skips to the end of the AI’s turn.

GUILDS

⦿ Give better Guilds to join when players are looking to join a new Guild. Perhaps pull the starting from the highest ranked guild that has an open slot and is open to all?
⦿ Allow players to search for a specific guild and join or request entry (depending on the reqs and whether it’s full or not). Most important so I can join my friend’s guild without having to get an invite from them.
⦿ Auto-collect Guild Seals (as opposed to having to manually collect them)
⦿ Re-instate the guild activity log (ideally with some Filter options similar to the Roster)
⦿ Include a flashing indicator when you have uncollected Guild Seals. Ideally on the guild button in the main map and/or on the seals tab in the guild menu.
⦿ Enable users to look at the stats of a prospective guild or guild member
⦿ Inactive guilds should be purged regularly. For example, every 2 weeks, any guild that’s had all members inactive for 30+ days is closed.
⦿ Show total number of trophies a player has earned total (not just weekly).
⦿ Enable players to change the guild master post color.
⦿ Allow folks to open Guild Chests 25 at a time, or as much as they can afford (given the weekly cap). For Gold/Glory/etc keys, the bottom button opens All once below 50. But not for Guild Chests - fix that please.
⦿ Add to the guild roster the ability to sort by “last week’s contribution”.
⦿ Include an option to see who contributed how much to each guild task
⦿ Enable guild masters to indicate guild requirements, which would also have an effect on the roster tab by highlighting where people are over/under the reqs each week.
⦿ More space in the guild announcement section. Currently very constrained.
⦿ On the main Guild screen, add a visual indicator to show which statue bonuses are active. Some kind of aura around the active statues might be neat. As it stands you have to click into each to see if bonus is active.
⦿ Enable guild leaders more flexibility in assigning ranks to members (i.e., don’t hard cap the higher rankings so severely).
⦿ Give Rank 2 members the ability to kick/demote players. (Or, give guild masters the ability to customize rank powers.)
⦿ Add numerical display order to sorted lists in the guild rooster.

SHOP

⦿ In the Chests interface, show the number of keys you have for each chest at the top of each chest icon
⦿ Include the ability to spend more bulk keys at once than 50. Many have in the hundreds/thousands so it would be great to be able to spend this more quickly.
⦿ When you drop troops in chests or look at them to purchase, enable players to see how many they currently own or how many they need to ascend to the next level, or if they are maxed. Basically give context around where your progress for a troop is whenever you drop it or are looking to purchase some.
⦿ The ability to “mark” one or more troops (or resources) and have them be listed to the top of the chest summary list if/when they drop. For example, I could “mark” minor fires and have them be the first thing in the chest results summary if I happen to get any, or whatever common troop I am currently attempting to ascend, etc, so I don’t have to scroll all the way down the list to see if I got what I wanted and if I need to still open more chests.
⦿ When there are more weekly reward packs than fit on the screen, center the view to show parts of the boxes on both edges. I talked to several people who didn’t realize the merchant blade was for sale because it was offscreen.
⦿ It would be nice to get a pop up message when you log in saying which new troops are now available in each chest.

MINI-GAMES

⦿ Update the weapon select UI for Arena (it’s still on the old left to right scrolling, which is painful with all of the weapons nowadays)
⦿ Make it so that when you retreat from a map, you start the reward giving process that happens when you run out of moves (like a “retire” option). Right now, retreating burns the map and you get no rewards.
⦿ The Arena team selection process needs an overhaul. Players should be able to see their prior selections as they are making choices for the additional troops. I know many of us can remember which guys we’ve selected, but it is a bother, and would be excellent for those few times you forget what the second color is on the rare you pulled.
⦿ Treasure Map vaults still don’t have their own sound clip. It would be nice if they had their own unique sound, even if it’s just given the old “hooray!” clip from getting legendaries from keys.
⦿ At the end of Treasure Hunt when all the gold, bags, chests, etc are collected, have the currency graphic and the number graphic pinned together and moving the same direction. As it stands the currency graphic moves up and the number moves down. It is so visually confusing.
⦿ During Treasure Maps, have a counter that shows current number of coins, bags, chests, etc.
⦿ Include a log for Treasure Hunts. How many turns for each hunt, average turn count over time, etc.
⦿ The Event Chest should tell you what’s in it. It’s very confusing, especially for new players, and can really lead to a sense of getting “burned”. Many assume it’s simply a better version of the Gem Chest b/c it’s more expensive.

[details=COMPLETED QOL IMPROVEMENTS] GENERAL: ⦿ Create two separate messages for failed redeem codes: one for an invalid code, and a separate one for codes that WERE valid but were used up.

TROOPS:
⦿ Make VIP level retroactively level all troops.
⦿ One-click mass disenchant down to a minimum (ideally that the player can set)

COMBAT:
⦿ Randomize traitstone rewards in PVP, rather than basing on defender’s home kingdom (like it is on PC).
⦿ When Alchemist, Valk, etc. reach their per-battle gold/soul generation cap, have the little soul/gold thing stop flying off of their heads so users know that they’ve hit their max for the battle.

SHOP:
⦿ Introduce a low cost weekly weapon IAP so players can get access to weapons that were only available in Glory bundles long ago
⦿ Don’t auto-select the best chest when entering the Shop. It seems to default to Event Chests which leads to people accidentally spending very precious keys. Can it default to Gold Chests?

MINI-GAMES:
⦿ Include a turn counter in Treasure Hunt
⦿ Include Chat in Treasure Hunt. It seems like it was the only place it was left out with 2.1.

[/details]

[code] Last Update "May 24, 2017"[/code]
25 Likes

Include a “Tribute Is Ready” icon when anywhere outside of world map and tribute is ready to collect

6 Likes

It’s been added to the “general” category.

4 Likes

Love the format of the OP, very clean, nice work! :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome suggestion! I also wish we would get a notification on our phones when our tribute is ready and we are not in game :grinning:

1 Like

Would like to be able to click on any team from this page and see who is in the team

7 Likes

At the top of the screen i see 2 blue stars then 3 gold stars and rewards list is 3 gold and 2 blue. I would like to see both the same direction

7 Likes

only if its optional and possible to toggle off - i dont want gow to eat battery when im not even in game

Wow, nice job ! It should scary devs, but it’s great :smiley:

I have a QoL to add (i didn’t saw it, sorry if I miss) :

Add a cursor to select how much level to add to a troop. Or add a +5 levels button if it’s easier.

We have the choice between 1 and MAX. To enhance my kingdoms, I level my units to 10 for example. It gives me some points and it’s cost-effective, so I can level many units (and thus many kingdoms). But going from 1 to 10 with this system is just a real pain :

• Need to touch “level X” button
  • Wait for loading screen
    -Touch screen when new stats display
  • Touch “Level X+1” button, and so on.

You need to repeat this 9 times to go to level 10. For 1 unit… I usually wait to have something like 80k souls to make a “level up session” and I fear this time. Honestsly, it takes me around 1 hour just to consume 60k souls (and it drains a lot of battery due to a connection to server for each level)

So please, improve this :thumbsup:

6 Likes

There should be another rank within the guild that can kick players. I’m close friends with the guildmaster and I do a lot of the recruitment but it kinda sucks that there’s no way for him to let me do the cleaning of inactive members.

A drastic overhaul but would give a lot of freedom is a custom ranking where the guildmaster can decide what each ranking’s powers can be.

TLDR: Modify the guild membership hierarchy to allow members other than the guildmaster the ability to kick players.

3 Likes

i think everybody agrees its needed but is it quality of life ui improvement not a game mechanics change? im not so sure

I think it is a quality of life because it would drastically improve guild managers quality of life! I don’t really see how it’s a game mechanic. Maybe the part about guild leaders creating a special rank… but for devs to implement a new rank that has a special privilege of being able to kick a member doesn’t add a whole new game mechanic, it alters an existing one to make life easier for the people who manage the guild. Just my opinion anyways :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your suggestions have been added: @DonBoba, @Rickygervais, @Zapan, @sidewinDr.

Your addendum to notifications was also added @Annaerith.

5 Likes

More guild QOL: Add a number to the left to show player order (Nth player as sorted). This will make it easy to identify your top 10 members, or how many players have reached their quotas, etc.

2 Likes

There are a couple of threads going where console players would like the daily task that asks you to “complete X battles with the banner from kingdom” altered so that it actually names the banner (or alternatively to provide some way to find which banner links to which kingdom in game). We shouldn’t have to use a web browser or consult an outside website to determine how to complete a task.

I think this would be especially helpful for new or casual players, and it sounds like a QOL issue to me, but I’m not sure where I would place it within your categories. I guess by default it would fall under “general”.

1 Like

Your suggestions have been added: @sidewinDr and @Stan.

General FYI: I separated QoL that have already been added to the game into their own category for clarity.

5 Likes

Some of these features can be done outside of the game using ashtender, like seeing all stones that are needed to trait something up.

Some that aren’t needed for those using ashtender:
⦿ Make it clearer which traitstones drop in each Kingdom. For example, when you click the icon of an Arcane, regardless of where (crafting UI, collection, etc) it should jump the player to the map with the relevant kingdom selected.
[ashtender kingdom list/links from my collection]
⦿ Show the Souls currency on the HUD along with the other currencies
[ashtender shows all keys in a nice summary at the top]
⦿ On the hero collection screen, include an overall count of traitstones & souls needed to completely finish every existing troop. Could only be visible after level 100 or so if worried about scaring off new players.
[what an awesome feature. it’s why I use ashtender every day]

There are others, these are just examples.

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

Tag all guild war troops by some keyword to search by (since there will be more of them, there is no guarantee the rest also creates storm plus “storm” search shows more units then the guild war ones)

Temporary workaround for this would be sort by rarity, hit show all and then scroll to the bottom. This will only work until people actually start getting these troops though.

On console when you test your defense team you need to set a defense team then test it, but if you want to try a new one and see how it work you need to set it as a defense team then test it. The problem is when you do it, everyone who attack you will fight the team you are currently testing, so it could result in couple lost you wouldn’t have if you keeped the usual defense team.

So i was wondering if we could have several slot of defense team and choose which one you want to test without changing the defense team by default

2 Likes