What Kingdom Should Get a Rework Next?

By your logic no reworks are needed at all, most definitely not Wild plains.
I can make a team with any Wild Plains troop and win with it, there Wild Plains is fine, woohoo.

1 Like

Look, instead of some of you basing your card relevance on op gimmick and decision flawed design metas begging for infinite buffs, realize there is a gameplay ceiling youll proc where pleasing purchase oriented players discussed in another thread about balance in decisionmaking will force the paradigm to consist of 1 round matches as the baseline as lesser power can no longer compete. Gameplay suffers from upward balancing, it always has… I dont know how more clear i can put it.

To be brutally honest I have no idea what you just said. It’s clear you have a very different viewpoint to many others here, which is always nice to be challenged and made to think. That said, your posts don’t make much sense as written, perhaps you could slow down and try to write them a bit more clearly so lesser intellectuals can keep up with you. And try some punctuation.

I apologise if English isn’t your first language.

To your previous post: No. You’re just wrong. Carnex in the late game is not very good. There are rarely enough skulls on the board to explode, so his spell doesn’t keep up with other exploders. It’s not worth the cost. The Armour gain is less than half the damage from one attack or spell cast. For the mana cost, poor Carnex just isn’t worth using. His spell and trait aren’t that consistent: his trait can make him a strong attacker, his spell clears skulls from the board, and also being an exploder runs a real risk of handing a good board to the enemy, where getting attacked knocks his Armour down and negates any benefit from his trait. Plus if you want to use him as a lead attacker, he blocks purple which blocks most skull creators. Yes you can work around it, but it’s gonna be slow.

Carnex isn’t the worst legendary, by a long way. Impervious is useful. But he’s not competitive in the end game where many of us forum-goers are playing. Dragon Soul would take his place hands down in almost any team: same colours, better explosion / mana generation, AoE damage, similar cost, and bonus souls. It’s a shame, and Carnex was my favourite and oft-used troop all through the early and mid game.

2 Likes

the reality is we do have upward balancing as for now (yes i read entire entry and ‘i think’ understood it, not just this line) so please accept the reality. with your wish for the downward balancing everything needs to be rebalanced down to be on-par with gar’nok and moloch. then by that standard you should probably vote leonis empire / glacial peak / whitehelm for rebalance/nerf first, but you did not even do that so your incosistent with your own ideas , how do you ever want to convince others to them ? i pity the ppl who read your idea why garnok is fine without knowing the context background of that idea, would save everybody the hassle if u stated it in that spot not somewhere further below in a complicated choice of words

2 Likes

either i totally misunderstood this part (then ignore the rest of the post), or…

congratz, if you have a defense team that you cant beat with your attack team then either:

A) you play really badly
B) you design attack teams very badly
C) both of the above

defense have no single adventage over offense while offense has two adventages:
-u start first

• u are allowed for more choices then the ai is bind to

if u manage to fail to utilise both then i wish u good luck in learning :slight_smile:
its still good to see that the game is fun even for ppl who gets in such situations :smiley:

I am just wondering the occurence of these kingdom reworks. Every month? 2 months? How devs choose one kingdom and not another one? Timing?

I chose Grosh-Nak because the troops don’t fit an orcish theme. They should be more brutal :stuck_out_tongue: .

yeah, a peacefull innkeeper outwits em xD

The context simplest put is that deckbuilding requires breathingroom, restricting it by balancing upward. If 90% of cards cant compete w meta, shave off 10% not bump up 90% as it will inevitably make matches more and more artificial: one card cast decided. Everytime someone here compares a card flat w the gimmick and decision flawed design meta (op or atleast dominating mechanics, still in experimental phase practically) , dont. These legs are fine. New cards are not. Take Moloch being dwarfed by spirit fox, ghostcentaur (Forgot name) etc. This shouldnt mean Moloch needs a huge buff to compete raising overall scales wrecking balance even more either. It means fox etc are overloaded and need to be nerfed. The only argument that may prevent that is the "people payed to compete w this meta’’ which is a sad thing in itself, and a downward spiral for all games desicionmaking that honstly gets worse the more these upward balancing measures are executed, making it harder and harder to have that gameplay breathing space as metas will become smaller, more compact.

1 Like

This is where you and I disagree. Something needs to give, to bring more parity and variety. EITHER those others get nerfed (not a popular choice, though I am all in favour of justified nerfs at times, like Bone Dragon now!) - OR poor old Moloch gets a buff to be worth using again.

Powercreep is with us, and isn’t a good thing… but @sirrain has said repeatedly they are looking to establish a base line and bring older stuff in line with newer stuff, while (hopefully) not taking even newer stuff beyond the line and breaking it again…

3 Likes

My attack team is better than most ill say :slight_smile: Its just that the def team locks you up and hits so hard its often 2 or 3 casts and its over w 0 chance to do anything back, i dont even use manaburn, cards on my def team side use 1 turn to fill too and no they arent 10 or lower cost. So far i know only ONE hard counter which is webbed but theres no ‘web all troops’ yet so even when i tested it vs mythic web oriented(Spiderqueen) teams it stomped em despite being hit.

Before they bring things in line the better first design and establish that very line and its borders and dont let dominant mechanics decide decisionmaking on a whim, thats my concluding advice.

worst case scenario you should be able to still use same deck as the so called defense and still win as you start first. so saying it wins on defense makes no sense

plus starting first you should be able to ‘lock’ it first before it locks you, there is a whole lot of decks like that, so back to what i said earlier…

I have been using my def team lately to pvp as attack team actually, but i have to say i have loads of teams under construction that might beat it eventually, key is killing top card before it casts and then web everything else fast. Oh and you need mercy. Locking my team the way it locks you will do nothing tbh, its a cast team not a skull one. Only uses 3 cards one w full mana, one trait oriented tank. Ill pm it i guess.

1 Like

I thought Gar’Nok might be useful recently, but then I discovered his ability doesn’t trigger Humility’s third trait, and back into the dustbin he went.

Definitely in favor of a Grosh-Nak / Gar’Nok rework.

Can someone tell me wth wskill is saying in half his posts?

It literally makes no sense.
lol

2 Likes

yeah so I not the only one that not understand.

I don´t reply Wskill only because I can´t understand more than 2 words. Not only here, in all you write.
I´m so sorry for that. I think I’m not so bad in English but of course is not my native language.
Luther cyclops priest garnok - sacrificial priest I imagine. difficult to say how good could be. I need first to level Gar Nok, Cyclops, and sacrificial priest. So many to try quickly.

Also I have a dude. I know Nimhain and Sirrian.
so @Jainus:

Powercreep is with us, and isn’t a good thing… but @sirrain has said repeatedly they are looking to establish a base line and bring older stuff in line with newer stuff

Who is sirrain.? maybe Sirrian brother. Lol

Here is also what I think:

with your wish for the downward balancing everything needs to be rebalanced down to be on-par with gar’nok and moloch.

@Annaerith said before.

For every other kingdom in the post I can made a decent team, sorry but still not view the power of Gar Nok team. Maybe with sacrifice could be great but they need to rebalance the troop die to not be the last, better the first so also is broken before trying.

I wish a Rework on Grosh Nak because I think they needed. Orc kingdom must be more powered.
I don´t remember orc worst than goblin. Here maybe need to look a little…

Wild Plains is fine in my opinion, but Grosh Nak and Darkstone do needs some work though.

Yes Sirrain is @Sirrian’s brother, he’s younger and has more hair…

3 Likes

Reading ppl here still need to lvl cards like priest makes me realize the most probable reason ppl think cards like gornak are weak is exactly that decks arent being theorycrafted but cards are passively held against whatever dominates indeed wether to synergise or compare versus…

Most end gamers have everything leveled and ascended, most of all the old Commons. Try again.

5 Likes