GW every 3rd weeks what do you think about that?

Because this game is not about you and what you like best.

It’s about the devs trying to offer something and making as many people as possible happy.
Ideally, of course, also making money in the process so that they can keep developing their game (and it’s simple: Those who don’t get 1500 gems a week for free are more likely to pay for gems).
And the ones who have the most money are the ones who have good jobs and play casually because they don’t have a million hours a day of free time, I would suspect.

You gotta have to accept that the game isn’t about pleasing you, but a majority of people. And the more a game offers in terms of features, the more people might check it out because tastes differ.

17 Likes

To be fair- no matter what decision is made; it will be upsetting for some while others will welcome it. The only thing that can be done is to reach a happy medium, which I believe the devs have done. They’re not removing GW’s entirely, but only adding other modes to play. That’s about the best compromise that they could make in my opinion.

5 Likes

Sorry but if i didin’t like GW i wouldn’t play it i would find a guild who don’t like it and do what i really like

Totally. But here is the thing, you are the one asking the devs to change their plans. Not me.

4 Likes

It’s not about not liking GW for many of us. It’s about not having the time to complete 3 concurrent events every week on top of all the other guild reqs, dungeons & PvP ranks. Just like YOU want all the rewards and benefits for completing a ton of things, the rest of us also want all the rewards we can get as well, which is only achievable for many people by focusing on 1 major event per week.

This!

7 Likes

I could say same thing, you all want the benifit for doing nothing

1 Like

So what do you think about GW troops?

Will we get 6xRaid Boss troops? And 6xSecret troops?

This game - unlike so many other games - doesn’t have a premium currency only available for real money. Not just can the premium currency be gotten through ingame means, it can also be gotten in quite vast amounts to ensure that, with very few exceptions like cosmetic avatars and (mediocre) weapons, everyone can have everything.
This alone is very generous.

But that also means that the devs need to make their money in certain ways.

Let’s say play statistics say the following:
There’s a total of 15000 people playing the game each day.
2000 are hardcore gamers, spending 6+ hours in the game.
10000 are casual, but dedicated gamers, coming online for 1-2 hours a day.
3000 are players just popping in for a few minutes a day or every other day.

With such statistics, the devs need to please the big crowd. The casual gamers - and this is a casual game, given the shortness of the battles.

They need to offer an incentive to have players log in every day - the daily bonus, snotstone events, tribute, GW. Some duties which offer rewards.

But most important is that players don’t see these things as chores. And it’s a chore if something takes up more than 1/3rd of your daily gaming time. If the majority of people spends 1-2 hours in the game each day, the duties need to be tailored to that time. If there are too many events, people can’t do what they want to do in the game.
And only appeasing the masses is what will keep this game running. The devs surely lost players from the UI change. And a lot of players got upset or have health issues. But it meant for them being able to publish the game in several new countries and making it more friendly to never devices, gaining thousands of players. Hence, it happened.

The devs will rather lose 10 VIP 20 players than 1000 VIP 3 players since 1000 people are a more reliable income source than 10.

And every player in a bracket 1 spot 1 guild only does five GW battles a day just like every player in a bracket 5 guild who does the same amount of “work”. Players are equal. Only the majority matters. Because if those 30 top players leave… there would just be 30 others of several thousands take their place. Doesn’t matter to the devs much. And it’s good that it is that way.

And that’s why the game doesn’t revolve about a small group of players. People need to understand that no one here is a special snowflake. Only maybe 3-5% of players check the forums at all, highly guessed.

3 Likes

Yup i understand but a f2p is made to be slow and you need to play alot if you want to advance

People need to work to feed themselves.
People need free time for family and friends.
Games do not come in first place for (most) (healthy) people for very, very good reasons. You don’t need to play a game a certain amount of time.

Casual games keep people playing because they are casual and fun.
You can have fun without being in first place. Otherwise, this game would only have 30 players.
You can have fun with advancing slowly. Otherwise, each newbie would stop when seeing how many mythics old players have and that they are unlikely to catch up anytime soon.
You can have fun without advancing at all, actually. Just doing the storylines, enjoying the lore, enjoying the art, playing TH forever.

A game is not about advancing. It’s about fun. And people have fun in different ways. And different ways is what the devs are trying to offer in 3.3.

2 Likes

Your maturity and ability to reason astonishes me!

You can say anything you want but you’d be wrong - that’s not what was said or implied. Most of us are more than willing to earn our rewards and wouldn’t have it any other way. But we want the CHANCE to earn as many as possible.

Your solution benefits only the elite few with more time on their hands than they know what to do with it. The dev’s solution benefits the majority of the player base.

5 Likes

Yeah i get it but what im trying to say is if you think gw was time consuming well you won’t be happy with Raid boss it will be longer then this

Rofl - but it won’t be happening at the same time as GW so it doesn’t matter!

You still going to play the same amount of time cause you know you need to eat work bla bla bla

Oh, how do you know it will be longer?
Also that’s why it’s one of those events a week and not three - so it’s not an endless amount of time.
But I told you that before.

I get you think you are special and deserve to have your opinion heard more than the rest of us because you spend a lot of time in the game and are in the top guild. You showed that here, you show that every stream where you spam questions instead of - like the rest of us - settling on one or two so that others can also get their questions in. You’re the center of the GoW universe. It’s okay, keep believing.
People also believed the sun rotated around the Earth once and hey, they were wrong.

You’re not more special than anyone else and so, your gaming time is not what the amount of events are based on.
It’s the majority, the average, that counts.

Thank goodness.

3 Likes

If all the top 100 players quit together…

Then the top 101-200 players become the new top 100.

My wisdom if free btw.

:wink:

6 Likes

I hope you not serious?

Anyway this thread is derailing a little bit so i will let you the final word cause im so special :slight_smile:

Wow. You sure like to skate around. I make one comment and you write a book…The new UI sucks, nerfing gems in Lg tasks sucks, playing 2yrs, and the devs. finally coming out with GW only to have the rug pulled out from under you, sucks. I have spent over $1100, 2 in my guild near $8000 I will never invest in another 505, infinity plus2, pipeworks game again if the raids don’t add up. This is my endgame.

2 Likes

Just to answer your question, you asking me how do i know it will be longer? Well i don’t know but when i think about raid boss i expect to kill lot of bosses, not only 5 every day cause if that the case i will be really sad to see my GW go for this…

I’m not a native speaker, so that does sometimes happen, yeah… though I do actually write novels.

I agree that nerfs and UI suck. And yet, this is still one of the rare games that gives premium currency for free (just less now, we were spoiled) and the UI obviously meant more income for them as it allows them to expand to other countries. So in the end, no matter how much you spent… it doesn’t matter if you stop. If instead 1000 new people join, attracted by the new modes, each spending 10 bucks only, they still make more money.

Bolded for the important part. As long as you don’t know, don’t act like you do and don’t make assumptions about it. You don’t know anything about rewards, length, if it will be fun (if you care about that) and yet you already complain. So it’s baseless complains.