GW every 3rd weeks what do you think about that?

I already played several game with that kind of event so it’s not like i don’t know what im talking about. It’s all the same patern you kill a boss you get rewards then boss comeback stronger rince and repeat.

That’s what I originally thought as well and posted in the spoiler thread - that it would be like in other MMOs - but you might remember that Sirrian said on the Q&A stream that it will not be like what people had been suspecting in the spoiler thread. That’s basically the only thing we do know, actually. You were also part of the discussion, but in case you don’t remember, here’s the link to where it started:
https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/spoiler-alert-any-details-provided-are-subject-to-change/1280/5263?u=sheba
What we have from the Q&A is the confirmation that it will NOT be like anything suspected there by anyone.

The only true reason for making gw every 3 weeks is because of the economy. They can’t introduce 2 new weekly events with rewards on top of what we already get weekly. Don’t delude yourselves into thinking they did it for our benefit or to relieve stress or whatever.

8 Likes

Sorry but it really look like what i was saying

Sirrian said it was not like a guild boss in a typical MMO guild boss event.
And he said it will be not Guild vs. Guild.
That is all we know right now.
Maybe it will be like in GW, with everyone fighting their own boss(es) since in MMOs, it’s usually the whole guild attacking one enemy.
Maybe it will be about the boss staying the same, but it just getting one additional troop each time, so it starts alone in the first round.
Maybe the boss will not get more Armor or Life, but just not be traited in the first battles.
Maybe the difficulty of the boss will depend on how well the guild did the day before.
Maybe…
Maybe…
We don’t know anything.

And since we don’t know how exactly the boss will get harder or how many attempts we will have, we don’t know how long the event will take.
As simple as that.

2 Likes

Alright the fact you say it won’t be guild vs guild is normal cause “Raid boss” is a game mode, you can compare it at “matchmaking” in a shooter game, both are game mode.

Now sirrian said it would be different but maybe he was talking about the regen mode, usually these game mode got a energy mechanic and after couple attack you need to wait to regen or pay money to be able to attack again, so it will be interesting to know how GOW will decide to do for that situation.

Also salty mentionned there will be individual and guild leaderboard so that make me think someone will need to be able to do better then the other to finish 1st. Like i said he will probably need to deal more damages or kill more
Bosses, now if the boss are limited to 5 every day im affraid we will see lot of person with the same score.

So this is why i said the game will probably be longer then GW and the people who will play the most will win the most exactly like pvp work

You know, you might be right with everything or wrong with everything.

In GW, it’s also really hard to have exactly the same score as a guildmate because it’s not like 10 or 20 points but thousands upon thousands. And likewise, if guilds would get the same score as other guilds, brackets wouldn’t work. And we do all that with five attempts a day and we know already that raid boss has different colors, just like GW days.

So while you may be right, I also see no reason why you couldn’t be wrong and we might use the same scoring system as the current GW one for the leaderboards, except that there will be no rewards based on GvsG (like it is in GW) but internally in the guild (which is right now just showing how everyone did in GW; there’s no bigger rewards for being Paragon than for being in the lower tiers) - basically Paragon getting some more stuff than Soldier in raid.
With just five attempts.

Just another maybe.
And so, nothing is certain and it’s all just conjecture and I’m not complaining about things that aren’t confirmed.

Off course i don’t say im 100% right but how i think it gonna work, if there is no energy involved i will be more then happy cause this is the reason i stopped to play the other games

And if you are a professional fortuneteller who knows these things despite having no more info than the rest of us, hey, that’s cool.
I for one refuse to assume anything except for what’s been confirmed.

And I also hate energy-based or timer-based games. I doubt that will be part of raid, though; this is a puzzle game, after all. People take very different amounts of time with their matches based on team setup and focus and there’s nothing that indicates in the stats of the bosses that they have some sort of auto-kill after a certain amount of rounds like MMO bosses like to have.
But again, I may be wrong.
And am tired of speculation because it’s leading nowhere.

I look forward to see what the devs come up with. If I like it, awesome. If I don’t like it, I will say so when I tried it and can base my complains on more than on hot air and ideas just being in my brain. For now, I just enjoy the game I have.
I am way more worried about Bright Forest and Faerie Fire than about raid.

I’ve been very critical in the past of major missteps the developers have taken such as:

1. The recent uninspiring UI direction.
  2. Letting Justice League run wild without serious corrective effort for 11 months on console.

As to the 2 new Game Events being phased in we don’t even have a preview yet. We know next to nothing. Relax! I for one am looking forward to some new Events/content. I’ll withhold my judgement until I actually see something.

8 Likes

The new events I am excited about, the lesser frequency of guild wars I am not. I enjoy them so much, hope these other events are just as good but we shall see.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with speculation :slight_smile: and i am Not complaining, im just saying i will be really dissapointed if they decided to change GW for something who last only 30 minutes. After 2 years of playing i am happy to see news things. But as example i really like dungeon, if i could i would play it all day but i am restricted to play 3 battler every day. I just hope this new
Raid Boss won’t be limited and if i can kill 100 bosses they will let me kill 100 bosses and not only 5

How long do you need for your five GW matches? Over 30 minutes? Because that would be pretty long - but not impossible, some people take long - and I’m sure you’ll be just as busy with raid bosses then.
Just funny if you need 10 minutes for GW and complain about it being taken away for something lasting “only 30 minutes” when your GW time is less than that.

And I sure hope it’s less than 100 battes, I don’t have time for that many. And I play the game five hours a day, which is far longer than others do.

I am not going to discus/argue with people something I know next to nothing about. I’ve said my piece on GW & the 2 new events.

I’m neutral on Dungeon as it is ridiculously easy. I would love to be able to seriously increase the difficulty for a slight increase in rewards. I mentioned this at release, unfortunately the developers need publisher approval for reward modifications.

3 Likes

That is something I can agree with. Would love some more difficulty, I just go in with the same team for all dungeon battles every day.

2 Likes

25-30 min but again it’s because i am limited, if i could i would do GW all day

As I said a lot before, for fairness reasons, limits need to be established.

1 Like

Exactly YOU don’t have the time so why restrict hardcore player to play less cause YOUR schedule doesn’t fit?

2 Likes

I think it’s important to remember that these forums are a bit of an echo chamber of serious, end game players. Not everyone enjoys guild wars, and we want to offer variety to all different kinds of players! Some people find the competitive nature of guild wars very stressful, so raids will bring a collaborative play style inside a guild.

There will still be rewards for the other game modes, so guilds won’t miss out. I said earlier that rewards won’t be solely dependent on the leader-board like guild wars, so they will be accessible to more players. :slight_smile:

We will do some previews closer to release.

31 Likes

I understand 100% @Saltypatra im just asking for a non limited event for once cause you know i love your game and i want to play more and more :stuck_out_tongue: