GW every 3rd weeks what do you think about that?

Or, the game will go on like it always does. Some will leave because they don’t like the changes. Others will stay because they enjoy the new modes and are happy that they don’t have to deal with GW as much. And, new players will come and not care about the issue at all.

8 Likes

Nope, currently bracket 3, not sure about next week. Doesn’t matter, though, as 99% of the players don’t play in bracket 1. If 30 people quit for not getting 1500 gems maybe anymore without knowing, it’s not like the game will lose many players when many new will come or return to check out the new stuff (and gladly will take the 1500 gems every third week and whatever is obtainable in the other two). Also we all know that those who complain loudest often never quit and just keep complaining - like me.:laughing:

Quoted for truth. Was the same with the UI and this is far less daunting right now than the new UI is. Actually, it’s not daunting at all because I can’t be afraid of what I don’t know.

1 Like

The only ones complaining on ps4 is the number 1 guild, how are you going to rip something apart before it even comes out?

And with raids I’m sure top guilds will still put in the most to stay ahead of the rest of us.

When Guild Wars came out, I was the GM of a Bracket 1 guild. As time went by, I had a lot of player turn over because they didn’t like GW. Most of them left the game completely. So, does that mean the devs should have never added GW? No. All it means is that big changes always cause upheaval.

Just ask other GMs about all the other turnover apocalypses like the big gem nerf, the big guild task nerf, the UI fiasco, etc…

3 Likes

Getting basically nothing every week or getting basically nothing every three weeks… for almost every Guild in the game this would change nothing.

1 Like

It must be nice having 99% of free players backing you on this one. While I’m 99% sure, 2500 gems will NOT be the case. That’s why they nerfed gems in Lg tasks. It’s all about the money.

1 Like

You really think no money will be involve?

2 Likes

When GW came i had some expectations of what and how it would be. It turned out to not be half of what i expected. And the devs even did many changes to accomodate the player’s schedules and keep the event almost casual.

Still, it turned out as a small sets of PVP battles with a few different rules. Not bad… but eh… if people like it, not only for the rewards as some claim, i believe the devs will consider some changes.

Now if people could calm down and stop crying out to the heavens “THIS IS THE END OF TIMES!”…

We’ll probably see some previews in the upcoming weeks.

3 Likes

I still agree with a different post I made somewhere that either wasn’t answered or didn’t get a mention:

I wonder how many beta testers have seen the “new GW”? I wonder what they think about it. Having even ONE beta tester give their opinions about the structure and whether they think it is good could go a long way to quelling player discontent.

(Though it must be admitted that they posted this update because we were upset about how quiet they were, and we immediately switched to not liking that things were changing. Such is the life of a dev.)

There’s probably some point at which we’ll get details, in advance, about the GW overhaul. It’d be especially nice if some ambassadors like the beta testers could butter up the playerbase over it. If it’s too much in flux to discuss a month out… that feels strange. Maybe it should cook for longer. It’s not going to be “right” at release. We’re going to have to tweak it.

But the tweaks start when players can play with it and make meaningful feedback.

(I’m actually excited about the change, but I imagine I’d be more upset if I entertained any notion of ever being near the top.)

3 Likes

Personally, I’m SUPER excited that GW will only be once every 3 weeks. I’ve hated it ever since it was implemented. It is by far my least favorite thing to do in the game. Second, would be maps. But, with maps, I can choose to not do them or do the event weeks of that kind.

GW is a different beast. I was in the same guild for almost a year before they sprung that on us, and there was no way I was going to leave my guild over 1 game mode, even though I despised it, that’s just not who I am.

I will say I hope we don’t lose the rewards though, I hope they are incorporated into the new game modes some how. Because, as much as I hate GW, I do enjoy the rewards. I also hope the new modes are fun and engaging for me. I hope I won’t have to trade one hated thing for another.

All in all, I would say I’m cautiously optimistic about everything coming in 3.3 (that we know about).

4 Likes

I think it will be fine for us Ricky, some kind of bonus boost we spend gems on in hopes of winning the big prize just like in GW. C’mon, who you think is going to win top prize most weeks regardless the contest?

It also ripped apart guilds when it came out. And it has caused a horrible guild hoppers epidemic.

7 Likes

bump +1
2 weeks gap is too much

1 Like

What i don’t understand when i mentionned to roll the 3 event at the same time, people said they don’t want it but if you don’t like GW just don’t play it and play the 2 other modes and let people who enjoy keep playing

3 Likes

Krudler already explained the flaw in this point. It’s like saying, “if you don’t like guilds, just don’t join one.” Although this is a simple observation of truth, the reality is that you basically ruin your chances of getting any sort of advancement in the game in a reasonable time if you don’t join one. This same situation applies to GW. The vast majority of guilds that get LTs and max seals require you to play GW. Now, anyone with any sense of character is going to do their best to perform well in GW even if they don’t like the mode. Such is life.

However, the devs have given those players a ray of light by deciding to have it every third week. The players didn’t ask or demand that they make that change. So, of course, anyone that doesn’t like GW wants them to keep with their current plan.

8 Likes

Yes of course.

Why devs will add a clear P2W feature after 3 years of F2P?

They could put a “retry” button in GW for 100 gems to give players a chance to have a better score. Did they add it something like that? Nope.

Yup i understand but you guys keep saying rewards suck and i really don’t like it but why force yourself to do something you don’t like?

When GW went out they added possibility to buy keys then dungeon came out you had the possibility to buy jewel so im pretty sure you will be able to buy something in raid boss

Hmm… because I actually like my guild mates AND because of what I already explained in the two paragraphs above.

8 Likes

So it’s your choice why should i get penalise cause you don’t like something but you still do it?