GW every 3rd weeks what do you think about that?

If someone wants to pay money for a few extra rewards, let them! I am glad they are willing to support the game and let the developers keep making content for me. Salty did say that most rewards would be based on guild performance rather than individual performance.

I know but i keep hearing “we don’t want pay 2 win” but it going to be a p2w

1 Like

Say the first five individual scores count towards the guild total. Then, the best five scores (additional tries purchasable with gems) count toward individual leaderboards. This lets all guilds compete evenly, while still allowing motivated players a way to spend money on the game.

Edit: I have no idea what the actual system will be. But there is a way to balance f2p with encouraging players to give money to the devs.

I don’t know how you happen to conclude about that.
If there is a leaderboard, the 1st one will be the one who spend most of time + be the faster to kill the Raid Boss.

Devs never talked about the Raid Boss needing some “regen” to kill him again…

1 Like

Maybe because some of us spent some serious $$$$ on this game, and they keep taking things away. Some of us fear for our investment in this once investible game.

1 Like

It’s not like I haven’t invested several hundred bucks in this game yet, you know?
Spending money doesn’t turn me into a fortuneteller being able to see how good or bad new game modes will be, though. And so, spending money also doesn’t turn me into someone willing to do what is basically crying wolf at this point, where nothing is certain.
Some people here act as if there will be GW every third week and nothing for the two weeks in between.

Also none of our investments mean that the devs have to do what we want them to do. Otherwise we would have never gotten the UI change. I’ve invested money in games before which then suddenly, without warning, shut down. So what’s that - a failed investment? No. I invested money in something that, at the time of my investment, was worth it to me. But I was well aware that an online game changes and not always in the direction I like. If I would want a game where change is not something I want to risk, I can buy myself a console title for 50 bucks and enjoy that in its current/final state as long as I like.
If I am willing to put money in a constantly changing and updating game, I need to be aware that not all updates will be to my liking. And then I have the chance to either stop playing, hope it gets better and take a break or just continue anyway. Just like every free player.
tl;dr: Spending money gets you exactly the thing you spend the money on (gems, Deathknight armor, growth packs, whatever). It does not get you any rights on deciding how the game will (not) change. We all saw that with the UI.

11 Likes

Good post sheba. Only one issue for me. Bucks? Come on! You’re German!

1 Like

I read a lot of English where that’s the slang and it kind of stuck. I dunno. :stuck_out_tongue: I often end up kinda adapting slang words into my English without knowing if they are US or UK English, how colloquial they really are or how often they are really used.
Like I once saw this video where people were calling Corgis “Buttnuggets” and it stuck and now I call them that, too, because it makes sense to me in my head and it’s funny. But I bet no one in an English-speaking country really does say that.:laughing:

No, butt nuggets would probably be pieces of poo stuck in your arse crack. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Nooo, Corgis are buttnuggets because they are like 10% head and 90% butt and also the most common color for them is light brown and white, like a chicken nugget.:joy: But I see where you are coming from. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thread derailment, ho! (But given all the negativity, I do it shamelessly this time. I really hope the devs don’t get upset by this thread. I knew I sure would if I would prepare something like a cool new surprise meal taking a lot of cooking time for someone and they tell me they don’t want it without knowing what it is because they’d rather have the same pizza they eat every day.)

2 Likes

I could settle for having GW battles every 2nd day, or maybe every other week (7 days without GW would feel boring), but every third week just feels too far apart. Half of the guild will probably forget it.

Maybe the solution could be a weekly GW but with max 15 players from each guild? That way, those who really want to keep the GW the way it is could keep playing every week, while it’d be more or less mandatory every third week.

1 Like

Lower level Guilds would still spend more than they gain. But it would be better.

Well said.

1 Like

I really feel like this guild wars change will rip apart some guilds especially bracket 1 guilds. This change needs some serious reconsideration. Once every three weeks is not often enough maybe every other but not every three.

3 Likes

How will guilds get ripped apart when there’s another guild “duty” event instead of GW? It’s not like it’s two weeks of free time where people just won’t come online anymore. It’s other stuff. Guild stuff. With rewards.

3 Likes

It’s all over chat on PS4 about players on bracket 1 thinking of quitting, so yes it will tear bracket 1 guilds apart.

4 Likes

Around every update some one claims a new change is going to “tear guilds apart” or “make everyone leave the game”. Maybe, just maybe, people could stop with the hyperbole.

9 Likes

Well this could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back

Okay, so be glad that if raid ends up offering 2500 gems reward and they all quit before knowing that, you can be at the top then.:grin:
(Just an example, not what will happen. But it could. WE DON’T KNOW! You people are crying wolf!)

Do you play in bracket 1 @Sheba?

4 Likes