Dawnbringer unbalances Arena

It would help if the Devs actualy read this post and listened…

Even Tacet stated in his stream summary video that the Devs “dodged this question” again.

3 Likes

In one way you are right, we could farm souls and make our own Dawnbringer, but it wont fix the problem.

The more Dawnbringers used in the arena, will create more on Def!

No one has ever, ever said that we want Dawnbringer removed from being USED in the arena, only we want it removed from Def teams. It is impossible to win for new players. They are the ones that need the gold, souls and possibly the trophies.

I play arena for the trophies, as the same team shows up in PVP time and time again and is boring.

5 Likes

It seems that devs will not remove DB only from the Defense, just because it will a too big advantage when players are doing Arena.

My guess is that they don’t know how to remove DB from Arena without creating a riot… Later will be worst.

3 Likes

People was playing Arena before DB, so why going back to no DB on defense should be too big an advantage? Who shuld we take advantage upon?

I’ve said it many times already, and the devs never address it.

It’s a simple fix to filter out dawnbringer on their end for defense in arena, just use a filter on that database table to not index defense teams that have dawnbringer. Can’t be more than two or three commands, possibly one if talented lol.

Don’t think about long term blah blah now, just do it now. Please :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Another simple solution, give everyone a dawnbringer on Christmas Day :+1:

1 Like

Dawnbringer costs 1.3 million souls. If they remove it from arena on both offence and defence then they better offer a refund. Arena farming is the sole reason why I crafted it in the first place.
Even as a db user on offence the arena is not a simple blast through for souls like it used to be. As more craft it, it takes longer and longer. They need to change trophy distribution, especially in treasure hunt because getting them in arena is probably the best use,( alongside soul gains) , for crafting it in the first place

2 Likes

If they remove it from offense there will be a riot.

As far as I know, no one wants that.

Just take it out of the defence teams and the problem is solved. But they don’t want that.

Let’s be honest. This is yet another way to nerf rewards. Rather than actually lowering the reward for winning, just make it harder to do so.

2 Likes

I always used the three 3 red mana sword in in my arena battles. Until DB lol

1 Like

Remove it from DEF.

1 Like

Another proof that the devs don’t know their own game…

Yes, you can. but it doesn’t help since you can’t scout the troops of the opponent in arena.

The reason why there are so many DBs in arena is because it is by far the fastest way to make trophies currently.
When you are using a DB, the only thing that can slow you down and make you lose is another DB.
Remove them and arena will mean even more trophies, even more easily, and so even more ressources for those who grind trophies with them.
What the devs have in mind here is surely the economy of the games. Their recent décisions show they don’t want us to get more ressources.

3 Likes

Possibly, but those do have Dawnbringer are farming trophies even quicker. One of my guild members stated on average he can clear arena battles in seven minutes using DB.

The other problem is, now they have gifted the Rah, DB will problem will grow even larger.

I am VIP LVL 8, so i have shown my support, but i feel that the Devs dont give sheet how we feel tbh.

The arena is broken and all they do is continue to give excuses and BS.

3 Likes

And here lies the problem. DB cut resources for the plebs that don’t have DB, it means less rewards and more time spent grinding elsewhere.
This in the part of the game where we are specifically required not to bring what we have in our arsenal. Why DB yes and a four Mythic team no?
DB is not a problem elsewhere and no other weapon is a problem in Arena. Keeping DB in Arena is a punishment for the lower-level players - yes, some of those can ill afford to spend 1000 gold, it’s not just a loss of reward, is robbing them of the partecipation fee - and they don’t deserve it.

4 Likes

I’ll keep saying this until the devs fix this…

Dawnbringer fix is but a SQL command away.

6 Likes

@Ozball Kenobi, you are our only hope.

General Ozball-Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Day Bringer Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Dawnbringer. I regret that I am unable to present my father’s request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I’m afraid my mission to bring you to Whitehelm has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion against Dawnbringer into the memory systems of this Carnex unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this mech safely delivered to him on Whitehelm. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Ozball-Kenobi. You’re my only hope.

9 Likes

^----- Maximum likes people. Oz is our only hope…

Spot on- DB in the arena as a defensive option robs a grinding player from a reasonable way to collect souls.[ The arena does give a good bunch of souls if you complete 8 wins] Each double loss to DB before finishing a full arena run means the job of collecting souls becomes an even more horrendous grind. We all will lose matches in the arena: we accept that: the black mancles will devour us occassionally etc. However; DB has no mercy; it dominates the arena and as said ‘punishes’ players who are trying to collect souls etc. You can have a reasonable run of winning 5 to 7 games- including getting over DB a couple of times- but DB always gets you in the end- as certain as death and taxes- DB cheats the player of fuller arena resources on too many arena runs- let alone novice players entering and as said- wasting early precious coins because DB eliminates you often from the arena in the first two plays.

2 Likes

In the streaming, Nimhain said “no more Mythic weapon until we solve the problems (at least DB in Arena)”. So my guess is that devs didn’t oversee this situation and forget about Arena when they release this weapon.
This weapon was designed to fit the power of the Mythic troops (DB is a decent weapon for PVP or GW). So there is no reason to have it in Arena.

But there is so much hype about Arena DB farming. Players are surely playing more just to farm souls and have it (DB = a big carrot). Maybe devs don’t want to loose this hype and believe that players want DB for PVP…

Every time something happens that speeds up our ability to farm resources there’s a nerf of some sort to “protect the economy of the game”.

If this thread was about just how damn easy and fast Arena is now thanks to DB it would have been removed from Arena entirely, doused in petrol and set alight.

But alas, it is not. Hence the problem still being here 3 months down the line.

4 Likes

Farming in Arena is damn easy and fast if you have DB. For everyone else - the large majority of the player base - Arena is a lot less productive, in fact is often a loss. Of gold, time and enjoyment of the game.

6 Likes