Dawnbringer unbalances Arena

Oh I know. I’m without DB which is why I do not play Arena. There’s no reason for me to ever step foot in this mini game while it is plagued with DB.

Arena has basically become a game for the ultra elite.
Treasure hunt is the game for the new crowd.

Hey, Devs. Can we have a third ‘mini game’ where it’s viable for those of us in between beginners and veterans? Please? PvP get’s stale after a while and there’s nothing else to do.

2 Likes

Poor new crowd. Treasure Hunt a) is boring b) rewards are sub par c) teaches you nothing about the game.

And so we are. The Ultra Elite is good for playing untreated commons with a Mythic weapons and clamor for nerfing everyting that cannot be trashed with whatever they think is trendy to use nowaday.

Poor new crowd. Treasure Hunt a) is boring b) rewards are sub par c) teaches you nothing about the game.

And so we are. The Ultra Elite is good for fighting untreated commons with a Mythic weapon and clamor for nerfing everyting that cannot be trashed with whatever they think is trendy to use nowaday to get a perfect GW record. The new crowd will grow up hating everybody, and with a reason. The game is out to make them work three times harder to get a third of what we got as newbies.

3 Likes

I’m a day away from crafting DB. That will be the day it’s completely taken out of the arena.

2 Likes

Hold off mate if i was you. I hope they will listen and remove the damn thing.

I’m totally agree with u.

Craft it. It’s useful for more than just arena. Don’t let the haters convince you otherwise. And its not coming out of arena very soon so may as well use it while you can.

5 Likes

I see both sides have their reasons. But as a matter of fact, I used to enjoy arena and now it’s become a stranger to me. If Dawnbringer makes you win or makes you lose, all the same, it’s not entertaining.

Arena was a place where to try new combinations of troops. For expert players it’s a place for fighting with troops that would be otherwise unused. Now it’s a little like a broken toy.

It’s not about farming, it’s about having fun.

2 Likes

In my opinion, the Hero is made available in Arena so that you can gain an edge over an opponent. Dawnbringer is just another weapon and you can’t force that singular weapon to be excluded because you either can’t be bothered crafting it or haven’t put in the hours required to gain that edge.

It would be an easier solution to remove the hero altogether and get to select an Epic card instead.

Edit:

As a side note, Arena used to be the only place you could get a large amount of Souls. Now with traits on troops, a mass troop sacrifice to receive souls and a crafting system - they are so much easier to build up than the huge grind a lot of us went through years ago.

Although I don’t agree with Orange saying not to craft it just yet as it may be removed (it won’t). Let’s be honest, it’s still worth crafting even if it’s not available for Arena.

However, people aren’t trying to force it to excluded because we can’t be bothered/haven’t got the time to craft it. People want it gone, from defence, because it’s ridiculously over powered.

It’s been said so many times, no one want’s it removed from Arena offence. Just defence.

It being in defence isn’t you gaining advantage over your opponent. It’s the AI gaining advantage over you. The AI hasn’t farmed souls for thousands of hours to get DB.

9 Likes

Dawnbringer is on the AI defence because that’s the weapon the person last chose to use in his Arena matches. So to have it replaced with another ‘OP’ weapon, it must also be taken away for the player to initially chose as his offence weapon.

May as well have the same thing for PVP - “You can use Famine, but please take it away from the opposition”

I know how defence teams are chosen :sweat_smile:

Please tell me though what other OP weapons there are in Arena? Genuinely curious.

I get your point, but you get rewards for your defence winning in PvP. You get nothing for it in Arena.

You see then how the first comment makes no sense.

I used ‘OP’ in my post to make fun of calling anything overpowered. There are grades of weapons for this reason; of course some are going to be more powerful than others. Just because a person may lose a match due to another working their butt off to create the weapon, doesn’t mean they can complain about it being ‘too OP’, more like they chose an underpowered one? :wink:

It sucks, but that’s life. Do the hours, get the rewards. I still believe a better option would be to remove the Hero altogether and have four troop cards from common to epic. Now there is a fair fight. But just like asking to have the Dawnbreaker removed from just ‘defence only’, having four troops minus a hero will never happen.

Let’s not be disingenuous here. DB in Arena is overpowered as a matter or fact, since all you have to face it are three random, low-level, untreated troops.

Also there’s people that doesn’t have DB, doesn’t have all the weapons, doesn’t even have all the kingdoms, and still would like to play Arena.

In fact Arena was aimed at newbies, before becoming yet another toxic swamp of boredom, only with more losses. Or do you think that offering three low-level, half-traited troops is meant as a treat for those who already have DB forged?

One more thing. DB, for the simple fact of being around, make your choices in Arena even poorer, since you know full well that choosing yellow/partly yellow troops would mean help DB - that you will face - kill your team in one pass.

It sucks, but that’s life. Do the hours, get the rewards. I still believe a better option would be to remove the Hero altogether and have four troop cards from common to epic. Now there is a fair fight. But just like asking to have the Dawnbreaker removed from just ‘defence only’, having four troops minus a hero will never happen.

Look, I’m not playing games to be reminded that life sucks, and I wonder who does. And there’s a long, long way for a new player to become a smug, patronizing old hat with too much resources to squander. They will leave if they are too frustrated.

I need new players in the game, you need new players in the game, and the wallet of the developers need new players in the game that stay in the game.

And if the game can - and does - fish out randomly one of your teams if the need arises in PVP and GW, so it can do the same in Arena. I dearly hope it will substitute all DB with Peasants.

5 Likes

Disingenuous? I’m stating what I believe to be true and you call me a troll. I should learn then to keep my mouth shut, but when people are going WAY over the top about this I decided to give my opinion.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but choose any weapon and you’re facing the same troops. So all weapons are ‘OP’ now?

Again, correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m quite certain that a new player will only face opponents of the same level. I sincerely doubt anyone under level 200 will have a Dawnbringer weapon.

Lastly…

I certainly didn’t say life sucks, but to try and say I’m being smug and patronising after some of the total BS comments in this thread…? I’m amazed no-one has been flagged.

Best of luck to you though in your runaway train thread.

In what way does it not make sense?
Maybe if I elaborate further it may help. Take DB out of defence teams, replace it with another weapon. Or, remove DB teams altogether.
Both are viable solutions that would fix the problem. In my opinion of course.

Some are more powerful than others, in certain situations. But in Arena DB is more powerful than everything by a considerable margin, which to me makes in overpowered. You don’t have to agree, no issue with that.

If Arena was designed for end game players to have an advantage for putting in the hours then none of this would be an issue. But it’s designed to make you build a team to face off against an equally levelled team. This is not the case while DB is in the pool.

Removing the Hero works fine for me. Or making it so you can only chose weapons up to Epic rarity.

2 Likes

Can anybody verify this with a yay/nay? This changes the issue for me. I sometimes go up against players that are over 1k, but I’m at ~500, so it’s not like I’m a newbie.

I think you are correct in the way you have described how Arena Def weapons are chosen.

So i guess we are fighting a lost cause. They cant remove the weapon completely, because that will cause a massive uproar, due to players using 1.3mil souls to create it.

Also, my posts have not been flagged because they are not offensive or targeted against others.

As do I. However surely a development team with such a rich history has the capability of working around such implications?

Don’t pick Def teams with DB.
Swap DB for any other weapon for Def team.

Of course we are. We want something that doesn’t effect their wallets and will increase players ability to get resources.

I am not giving up mate, but some of my posts do seem to be getting a little heated, due to frustration.

So, i will keep fighting the fight, but i will never spend another pound on this game in the future.

3 Likes