Dev Q and A Question Gathering Time!

To give a bit more detail on what I remember from the talk about this matter:

• A shortterm solution would be just the removal of Dawnbringer, but that would just shift the problem to the next weapon down (Runic Blade). The devs would therefore prefer a longterm solution since other weapons like Dawnbringer might exist one day.
  • One idea for a longterm solution is offering a weapon just like offering troops, but apparently that system was already tested/used before and not very popular.
  • Another is removing the hero and adding an epic troop choice.
  • The third thing named was limiting the rarity of weapons. I didn’t quite catch if that only means the weapons of the AI or the ones we can pick as well. If only mythic weapons would be banned or legendary ones as well wasn’t said, I think. Basically, there’d be a lot to decide here, but this was named as the third basic idea.

All these longterm solutions would require coding, of course, and the devs weren’t completely opposed to a shortterm fix since there’s no ETA for a longterm solution, but they would really, really prefer to do it right with a longterm thing.

…That’s what I got. I admit I didn’t listen all that well as that question was the one that interested me the least because I’m apparently odd and not going with the mainstream opinion or something.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I personally am not very bothered by Dawnbringer.

1 Like