3.5 feedback and suggestions

There are only 16 different trees. So they have to somewhat be a little bit generic.

I assumed that devs created the trees without thinking about which class will have it. Then, give 3 trees to each class with maybe not the talents in mind.

5 Likes

It certainly appears that is what they did, and it is not good tbh.

6 Likes

The ingots needed for kingdoms below 10 stars are totally incensed !

:thinking:

I just see that now we must play with rules if we want the extra things.

We must play with this troops or that weapon to continue levelling, play with this troops to get daily tasks, use this to get something, so I see we must play like a movie script, playing in a line determinate, we cant play what we want to be up to date.

Of course I can play what I want but if I don’t make those extras I surely miss some extra rewards.
I must play in a new line determinate already and if I have some extra time well, then I can do what I want.

Low level players are just getting crazy of kingdom levelling because power 10 is not possible without 20 troops already, so double bonus is not available for them.

I see lot of new things in game, some good , some not so but is a lot. So much things to continue playing as we do in the past. Time to think about it.

Minimums in guilds?
Well, some things change, maybe I must check it also.

Lot of new things but long time issues or fails like not enough pvp points or gold per pvp battle to a high level player with guild and kingdom bonus not fixed or revised. And some people with the same situation win more so is something wrong there in any point. Sadly to see.

This is my very first impression, I hope I like it later.

Time has come… maybe

Daily tasks > win 8 battles with khetar troops for … 100 souls :scream:
are we serious? also a low level, newbie player get near to that in 8 battles.

probably I can win more than the daily tasks in a pvp battle. I can use Faros and Tyri and in one battle I get more of those 4 daily tasks, so not for long time players and so low rewards for low level players to spend time in it

:thinking:

1 Like

Yeah nice we have to wait for a new class…

2 Likes

To echo a few comments - the talent trees are cool, but some talents are completely pointless - e.g. the Dragonguard class, level 100 talents - one buffs mechs and another buffs urska, both pointless for the class.

3 Likes

Mang got hit even worse, it now creates a single gem. I’m quite convinced if somebody were to do the math it would show this far more likely benefits your opponent than your own team.

Could we maybe add “Kill your hero” as first upgrade to all weapons? And add another penalty in addition to locking yourself out of higher kingdom star levels for keeping your weapons vanilla? I mean, you really seem to want to rub it in, why stop at a job half completed?

3 Likes

Could the Daily Tasks not reopen every single time I launch GoW for the rest of the day now?

Since I’ve got them all finished?

(Like for the day-long pet rescue notifications you squashed on completion…)

7 Likes

It’s a bad design execution, something that any engaged group of three people could have done right as long as they are aware of the current game mechanics to not create new effects that would require new coding.

GoW’s simplicity has it’s charm and minor effects could certainly have different functions to avoid creating mechanics that the players would certainly want to avoid such as:

The same goes for “destroy a single gem” upgrades, the payoff is so small for the investiment in ingots and to top that there is also a risk. Simply changing it to “add 1 mana” would suffice as a small upgrade in the long run to max out a weapon.

4 Likes

This update has made the game way to over complicated.

12 Likes

Ingot, very bad idea.

1 Like

[CITATION NEEDED]

No, seriously. I’m curious why it’s the best if I could instead do n different tasks and get n different rewards over multiple days.

Actually, what IS the reward for that task? If I remember correctly, the ones I got so far offered 2k gold, 100 souls (rerolled), 5 glory keys, 10 gems and 12 gems.

Oh, jeez, I’m getting sick of doing these. So, I’m just going to do a short list

1. Talent Tree is good in theory. Some things are even pretty useful. Other things like random buffs to troop types that you would never use with that class are basically useless

2. As Tacet pointed out in another thread, the soul value (or however you would word that) for converting ingots is insanely expensive. Also, a lot of the weapon “upgrades” either are close to useless or do more harm than good. And, given their price to even get those upgrades, I expected better.

3. Kingdom stars are okay I guess. But, 99% of my kingdoms are “locked” at their current level until you add a bunch more stuff into the game, like hero classes that don’t exist yet, more troops from some kingdoms (or even more accessible one). I mean, come on, the only way I can currently up Broken Spire is if I have Zuul’Goth? You have got to be kidding me.

4. I don’t know, man. A lot of this seems okay in theory. But, in my opinion, most of it is needlessly complicated (ironic, considering the goal was clearer and easier to understand). Also, while I like talents, as a whole, a lot of them are pointless for the class they’re in.

5. Us end-game players have to basically upgrade our hero classes all over again (man, I already did this crap once), so we’ll be needing to switch them a lot to finish them. But, what’s still in place? A 50 Gem class switching penalty. Nice touch. Encourage us to switch classes to finish new content you decided to put in the game, but at the same time, penalize us for actually doing it more than once a day. Bravo. And, yes, before anyone says anything, I know why it’s still there. But, that doesn’t make it right.

6. Final thoughts. Overall, I think this update had great potential, but it’s execution was pretty poor. All in all, I give it a 5/10. Basically, the same number ive given the last few updates, because I feel they’ve all been lukewarm, at best.

Have a good day, everyone.

Edit: I forgot to add something. I see the rest of you got our Daily Tasks with minimal changes. Hope you all enjoy those 100 souls from them 8 Khetar battles. Lmao.

7 Likes

I don’t think the weapon upgrade system makes a lot of sense without the weapons themselves actually getting reworked and rebalanced entirely.
Right now upgrading any other weapon than Dawnbringer and maybe another weapon for Raids/Invasion events is pointless regarding gameplay.
No other weapon fully upgraded will be even close to Dawnbringer+0 per design so weapon upgrading is really just another extra chore for kingdom leveling with no real gameplay sense to it.

The talenttrees are a great idea that was executed terribly. What’s the point of a Hero customisation system, that doesn’t present actual choices because 2 of the 3 choices(or even all 3 in some cases) on a given tier are useless for the given class?
This hits some classes more than others due to how randomly seeming the talent trees have been put together.
Class individual trees would have served much better and actually presented choices and significant improvements of the class.
But with this simplistic design we are where we were before the update with the classes, some of them being trash and not used, no real progress here.

3 Likes

This, or some classes just come out ahead with a single talent or two that’s hellishly powerful and nevermind the rest.

1 Like

I’ve started writing my update review to, but as all my points already being discussed before, i will gain some time :sweat_smile:

For me this update have really good intentions, but the execution is not that good. Like if the devs took a lot of time to have the ideas and define the concept, but have only 3 days left to realized them.

The best examples is the hero perk tree. All players love to configure a hero, try different combos and so on. But I really feel some perk proposed has been decided by pulling them from a hat. Examples above are really explanatory, no need to give more. There’s no coherence between the class and the perks.

If we can’t change class easily, I think i won’t upgrade more the classes than they are now. Or at a really slow pace.

The daily with 100 souls or the weapon “enhancement” that remove a random gem are other examples. Finally the cost for weapon enhancement is just a totally artificial way to extend the shelf life of the game. To catch the people who won’t leave until all that mythic weapons are +10 :yum:

Mr. Strange the main developer of daily tasks. He wrote that he wanted a few to take more than one day, and be very rewarding. +30 Gems is regarding when you can fly through 75 battles in Explore.

You want to clear it the same day if possible. The same goes for completing the abysmal garbage tasks like +100 Souls the “reason” to do them is to remove them from the list and hope you get a Gems reward tomorrow.

2 Likes

With ingots basically only dropping from pvp and pvp giving twice as much hero xp than explore I feel almost forced to play pvp or I’ll miss out.

My situation in the game is this: I’m level 1171. I have 4 mythic troops: War, Wolfgarok, Skadi and the Wild Queen. No Ubastet, no Infernus.
Pvp is almost unwinnable for me due to the fact that almost all my enemies are 4x divine teams, most of them using both ubastet and infernus. I had a good time with the doomskulls that glaycion and bloodhammer provided until 3.5 gutted the doomstorm.

TLDR: I hate PvP because I only encounter the absolute best troops in the game as my enemies while I myself can’t use them because I don’t own them. 3.5 makes me feel forced to play PvP.

edit: also the more obvious problems:

• its now harder to level up kingdom power
  • new class skill trees have hilarious choices.
3 Likes