3.5 feedback and suggestions

Khetar +100 Souls. One thing to keep in mind is that some of these Tasks are almost 3 years old. The developers hardly ever turn on the office console let alone play Gems on one. (for example a Real money to Gem exploit on PS has been unpatched for over a year)

A ridiculous number of quality DT suggestions have been ignored for years. With Tasks arriving on PC perhaps in the next update we will get some improvement in this area.

3 Likes

GREAT JOB!

i’m not sure what all the hate is about with this patch. people complain WAY too much about changes to a F2P game. i think the devs did a fantastic job.

so far i’m enjoying the new update. the daily tasks are an interesting subplot… i don’t mind the weapon leveling and am glad to see you can ascend the ingots in the soulforge to higher levels. i actually really like talent tree for the hero classes - the ability to add Stealthy etc. to the assassin class is useful and makes it feel more like a traditional RPG. yes, some of the talents in the tree (specifically the center and right columns) aren’t class-specific, but the left-most column appears to be pertinent to the specific class and i’m sure they will make tweaks to the tree as time goes on.

the new artwork tweaks are nice, and the ability to view kingdom troops directly from the kingdom page is a great feature.

the only minor thing i wish had been included is a modification that prevents the game from kicking you back to the map screen every time you complete a kingdom challenge. it would be nice if it remained on the same challenge page just like explore works.

3 Likes

Please, lower the costs of ingots crafting in the soulforge.
100.000 common ingots to craft a mythic one is clearly too much.
But wait, there is more… in the process you’ll have to spend 1.111.100 souls !
I don’t really mind to farm, but guys, seriously…
I don’t want to be rude, but please, think a little bit about the numbers you throw in the game.

6 Likes

You’re going to get a free mythic ingot once per week from PvP tier rewards. We don’t know how many we’re going to get as part of event rewards yet. If it takes roughly 100 common ingots to make a mythic ingot, that means, potentially, you get a second mythic ingot per week.

I think it’s waaaaaay too early to complain about the ingot economy. How often do you get a mythic troop? How many weeks of diamonds does that take? Meditation on that subject makes mythic ingots seem plentiful.

4 Likes

It takes 100.000 as the poster above you stated. Plus a million souls i think.

Ingots are a unnecessary addition to the game and far to expensive to craft.

1 Like

And I see the 2 issues still there.

Guild chat still unavailable many times and the extra turn bug still out there

What are the bug fixes then?

Not all is bad for sure, but someone must tell the things that are not so good, or we must clap everything done?
To a low level player level up a kingdom to 5 stars is more difficult now
Another gem shop for a new event is on but no more gems I see.

The biggest problem is the time all this things need to be done. Many people play one hour or less a day.
If they must do dungeons, pet, for example GW or Raid Boss, the hour is over, every day the same, because Raid Boss can take some time.

I appreciated every new update and I thought there was a reason to introduce new players, but with this changes and new adds the new players have too much to do. Mostly of them probably not play too much.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

That could be said about about every aspect of this game.
Nothing outside the simple match-3 mechanic of Bejewelled is “necessary”.
The variety of additional game elements is what makes it interesting to most people.

I’m assuming the ‘.’ is a digit separator and not a decimal point. I’m aware there are cultural differences, but not everyone is. Let’s make sure we’re talking “one hundred thousand” here. Sure, it takes 100k.

Good thing farming common ingots isn’t the only way to get mythic ingots, right? And good thing common ingots aren’t the only ones that drop, right?

From the PvP and Explore I’ve done since my game quit crashing, I have 35 commons, 10 rares, 1 ultra-rare, and 1 epic. That’s 1,235 total ingots. If I can assume I maintain that kind of daily income, we can say I get 1 mythic every 100 days.

But that’s not true. Tier 1 PvP rewards include 4 ultra-rare, 3 epic, 2 legendary, and 1 mythic ingot. That’s 23400 commons worth of ingots per week just for doing that PvP. If I assume I keep making 1200 daily, that’s a total of 31,800 weekly. So it takes about 3 weeks to make 1 mythic ingot, during which time you get another 3 for free.

That’s ignoring we don’t know the ingot drop rate from gem keys, nor do we know if raids/invasions/bounties are going to award them. That’s also ignoring that I haven’t had a full 24 hours so I’m going to make much more than 1200 commons worth of ingots daily.

I’m willing to bet a high-end player can get 2-3 mythic ingots per week easily. I don’t know what you want, but that seems “fine”.

What’s happening here is people are upset because yesterday they felt like their Dawnbringer was powerful and today they see it requires 9 ingots worth of grinding to max out, and it’s unclear how much grinding that is.

Tough luck. That’s what the same people said yesterday if a newbie complained 1 million souls for Dawnbringer was too much to farm. Just yesterday we were complaining that endgame is boring, and we don’t have anything to do with all these extra souls and traitstones. Now souls and traitstones are irrelevant: ingots are the hot thing. So stretch those legs and get used to the treadmill again.

5 Likes

I agree with you, but I think this is the direction that the devs are pushing the game deliberately. There are many choices to make now, but I don’t think this is necessarily a bad thing. A year or two ago, people would complain that there was nothing to do except mindlessly grind PVP. Now, there are so many things to do that we actually have to choose what we want to do. If you’re the kind of person that feels like they have to do everything, you probably can’t get away with an hour a day (though up to yesterday, I was generally able to do this).

I actually enjoy the challenge of fitting in as many objectives as possible into my limited play time and most of the time, an hour is enough for me to get my daily tasks and dungeons and make some significant progress on whatever else I need to do (GW/Raids/Invasions, PVP tiers, pick up random pets, etc.). Sometimes though, I have to just say “I’m not going to chase that pet event right now”, or “I’m not starting my invasions until Thursday this week”.

5 Likes

and I would add that a lot of people who play these games also play traditional RPGs, where it’s common that you must choose specific trees and skills to excel at, knowing that you’re simultaneously limiting your ability to maximize other paths.

the move to add so much more content to the game makes it more like those traditional games and will lead to players having different “builds” for more variety. personally, i’d like to see them go farther with it, to the point where i play only the aspects of the game that are interesting to me and which then cause my hero to develop into a build completely unique to that of other players who made different choices.

but yes, having said that, if you’re a completionist, then you will hate your life or quit your job to be a fulltime GoW junkie.

Same thing goes for classes. I had Bard on 100++ and Sorceror on 90. It looks like it takes “next level number” amount of exp to level up, aka lvl91 takes 91 exp, and lvl25 takes 25 exp. We get 2 exp for a 3-trophy pvp match and 1 exp for an explore. There’s not a lot of room in between for variation there.

So lvl90 → lvl100 needs 955 exp … lvl20 → lvl100 needs 4800 exp. Someone check my math.

(Most of mine are between lvl20-30 so we can assume the 250 wins for the weapon doesn’t need much more than lvl20…)

Anyone who needs to up their class from around lvl20 needs to win 2,400 pvp matches with a team with that hero class. (Or double that for explore.)

Then scale that up for every applicable class.

On the flip side, you don’t lose much for not having them all maxed. Take a breather on this.

4 Likes

Yeah it meant 100k and i didn’t read all the rest as i currently really have no opinion on whether or not Ingot economy is in the right place.
I was merely pointing out that we don’t have to assume how many common Ingots it takes to make a mythic one 'cause it is in the soulforge for us to see, that is all and it is not 100.
Edit for more friendlyness: :smile:

Hey, is it just me or are the Class and Pet icons on the Guild Roaster page a bit annoying? I just think they’re a bit “much” and unnecessary. If I want to see a Guildmates pet, I can just click on their profile. As for classes, why not just put an extra line of text below Rank like this, for example:

Demi-God
Warden

or

Class: Warden

Its not a big deal, but I wanted to point it out.

1 Like

People can literaly just level up their classes while farming traitstones which in a certain degree is a constant goal in the game even after you reach the “endgame” and the fastest thing you can do with the usual setups. If all classes get proper Talent Trees then we would have more goals to pursue.

i agree - it’s distracting.
and honestly, who cares which pet sticker other guildies have applied to their avatar?

4 Likes

Right. Also, now, because of those icons, it’s really hard to see that little Star with the player levels in it. Most of them look like a big blur to me, especially the ones over 1,000

I wanted invite codes in profiles.
We got pets every where instead.

I’m starting to think the trick is to NOT ask for new features. Then what you really want will actually happen. :thinking:

3 Likes

A simple drop menu could make that happen: select one of the three, or type in the exact number of keys you wish to use.

1 Like

I’m coming to this late… most of this has already been said…

An update of stuff great in concept and poor in execution as far as I’ve seen so far…

Hero talents just a motley cookie-cutter set pre-assembled and then lobbed at each class… making them bespoke and useful and actually meant for the class would have been so much more work… most seem minor and / or irrelevant, and then a game-changing one randomly drops in… like Bard, already the best class by far, getting a fast 50% mana start… I see no reason other than mindless completionism to churn through using the classes that were rubbish… they’re still rubbish and why would I grind through battles with something I don’t want to use just to unlock things I won’t notice… and occasionally a class bounty-duplicate event will entice me to toss gems to get something I don’t want a bit faster… oh and the Bard talent worth seeing hits at level 20, whereas at level 100 after years of grinding it gets to give a boost to Raksha, Mystics or Constructs… while it’s supposed to be a Wildfolk… ffs…

Weapon upgrades, cool idea but won’t touch the general pointlessness of most weapons, as far as I can tell… minor stat upgrades on weapons too weak to use that leave them still to weak to use… any player spending long enough to get enough ingots will also unlock so many better weapons… the disparity between Dawnbringer or recent 24-gem spam weapons and the rest remains… and as for upgrading my Dawnbringer… after seventeen years I might have enough mythic ingots to get some minor stat gains and some gem disruption (two whole gems) that might just hand a better board to the enemy… again, why would anyone bother farming for these ingot things…

Verdict on a first day skimming is that it’s much like the pets update… looks cool, nice UI, could have been great, but leads to endless pursuit of things just not worth pursuing…

Another missed opportunity really…

12 Likes