3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

I would consider finding the budget for a full time:

a) UI designer
b) QA/dedicated testing.

Regarding (a), someone really dropped the ball on this design. I get that you’re trying to “modernise” the look, but it’s coming at the cost of being visually easy to use. I doubt anyone finds the new menu buttons easier. Previously they were distinct by shape and colour, now everything is just white.
Even the positions of things is horrendous: What is my glory doing floating in the middle of the screen?
You’re also not consistent which makes for an incredibly sloppy look. I get the Dungeon and Soulforge were new releases, but I’d be ashamed to have the current UI in a meta state between UI versions.

Regarding (b), how do these things happen. Mistakes happen, but there isn’t really an excuse anymore. You must have unit tests. There’s no reason why traits shouldn’t work as intended. Impervious troops being able to be devoured at the very least should’ve been a massive wake-up call to say “Hey, maybe our testing (if we have any at all) isn’t robust enough.”

11 Likes

I agree on half of that with filters, i love the multi-color fuction seach, by the way its set up is so horriable, when i need to ascend something i have to go though like 5 different things. And when I’m looking for a kingdom (Zaejin) i have to go all the way to the bottom just for 1 frigging kingdom.

This is incorrect. The problem is the part of the code that splits blobs of gems into individual matches. I have never run a troll on a team with Kraken, but there have been times where I cast a converter and my Kraken fired 6-9+ times. Trolls merely highlight the problem, thanks to their propensity to generate mana blobs.

1 Like

I’m really afraid this is the dealbreaker for me.

The only thing that might make me keep playing is not abandoning my guild mates… but maybe there won’t be any more guild mates after today.

Honestly, I’ve never seen a game messed up so badly by a new update. It’s nice that you ‘thank me’ every day when I get my VIP bonus keys, but this, this is a slap in the face.

18 Likes

GG 4 ,5 match mana surges AGAIN n1 bug

Hi. I actually made a forum account just for this.

The update is horrendous.

Seriously, please have a “revert to previous graphics” option.

There is not a single thing I like about it.

I don’t know if the devs read these, but let’s hope they do.

16 Likes

I see myself as a thoughtful person and a person who cared for the game some time ago - and thus, I believe my voice counts as any other. And reading the feedback of my fellow comrades, It’s good to see our voices are the same.

That being said - I’ll do my best to explain what is wrong and why this patch was a failure. Thank you for taking the time to read through this, beforehand.

Dear developers.

• The new UI is attrocious!

I cannot even state how dissatisfied I am with this. The UI is mashed up with colors so in contrast, that no one will be willing to look at the game. It strains eyes, it makes stats hard to be recognized and most importantly - it makes no sense.
HALF of the UI looks as if been made in Windows Paint. And I’m not even joking. The colors, the sharp edges, the chessboard.
I would have been able to do all that in Windows Paint myself. And it’s not funny. I’m still trying to find a button that makes this game compatible with Windows 10, as it’s currently on level of Windows 95.

This is probably the worst thing that could have happened - because people will not be willing to look at this. I know I’m not.

• What’s wrong with it?

The new UI has nothing in common with the WORLD of the game. And that’s IMPORTANT! All the colors are gone, replaced with neon ones that have no place here, and destroy the feeling and connection with Krystara we knew.

If this doesn’t get changed or reverted - I expect 30% of the community to leave by month.

This, gentlemen - is an ingenious demonstration of how your game is falling apart. I cannot be the only one who needs chemotherapy from it. Colors are out of sync. Borders are. Style is. Not ONE bloody thing here fits. It’s a disaster on every single pixel.

• The balance changes

This has been pointed out before. The major balance change (4/5 trait ones) was done by people who are incompetent. I’m sorry if this sounds harsh - but I said it before and I’ll say it again. The balance team should be fired. This is not a rage-message. This is a recommendation.

Balance has been ripped off some time ago - and it did not please the community. Now - again - the balance team went with a change that ignored the main issue, though being told times and times again.
Instead, they went with the first thing coming to their minds - ignoring the consequences. The change does not make sense, hurts a part of the community (who used different troops with that mechanic) and never fixed the problem (endless Kraken looping has not been addressed. Not even from a mile).
No one asked for the trait activation change, no one ever suggested it - and you probably implemented it because you thought your ideas are better and creative.
Admit it - community plays the game much more than you, guys. And they are not dumb people. Try to listen to them at least once a year.

And oh boy… The worst part.

• Unwanted come-alongs with the patch.

You broke the game. There’s nothing to add to this one.
You weren’t forced to come forth with the 3.2 so early. People did not demand you to. And yet - you broke your word again and brought a DRASTIC change mid-GW.
What are we supposed to do? Just tell me, what are players supposed to do? No one will punish players who pick troops like Sacrifical priest and abuse them. Are we supposed to stand by and look how some guilds abuse this? Are we supposed to do the same?
Most importantly - What were you guys thinking?!

To summarize everything into a

• long tl;dr
    This change was a band aid that hasn’t been sterilized. It infects the game and poisons it from within. UI is bad, 4/5 trait change makes no sense and is not adjusted to majority of troops, and no one from the dev team saw this. And it’s sad.

You do not listen to your community, your actions are affected by the stress you’ve been put under, and this got out of your hands. And this cost you a respectable amount of your playerbase. Again.
You could still revert this till you redo it again, but better, but I’m afraid we know you won’t. Your policy of silence, pretending you know what you’re doing, won’t allow you to do it. Pride plays a part here. Admitting you failed, and making a one step back would walk a long distance here.

• tl;dr
    This patch is absurd. Even if I wanted to play it - the bugs make me regret looking into the mirror for abusing them. If I was an evil person and didn’t care - I still couldn’t look on the board for more than 2 minutes.
    Suggestion: REVERT! And never air something that hasn’t been finished. Ever. Again.

Thank you for taking your time to read through this. I believe this summarized all the main problems. The rest - I’ll leave to my brethren in forums who, I have no doubt, will point out without fail.

58 Likes

I deeply admire the people that take the time to write down everything that’s wrong with this update. Like the post above me.

It goes beyond me that people even need to point out this broken stuff.

11 Likes

Absolutely HATE the new update/UI. Bring back old UI!!!

16 Likes

I don’t understand what’s the point to have such a large community and not to use it. I agree with most critics and I think most of it is obvious and could be easily avoided if any beta testers were involved. It’s a poor public relations policy. It’s not the first patch I face and the scheme is always the same. You can say that gut feelings are not important, but rage quit you provoked is justified while people come here to have fun.

There are few good changes, but in general I am very sad about how devs’ time and energy (and probably money) were wasted. I hope players’ comments will be taken into account and the game will have another patch ASAP.

11 Likes

half of it would probably be avoided by just showing screen shots, maybe a short video, to community and seeing the feedback…
(much cheaper then beta tests)

9 Likes

This will happen for sure, if what I am reading is true. 3.2 seems to have introduced a bug that breaks the game even worse than Fizzbang did.

@Annaerith, the devs did show screenshots to the community. There was feedback. Some of it seems to have been listened to (thank you, devs, for placing an “exit” button at the top right of the screen rather than a “back” button at the top left!). Others, not so much.

3 Likes

We had a screenshot of the Dungeons/Soulforge section, before it was released. They went ahead with it anyway, even though the absolute majority thought it looked like shit.

6 Likes

yeah but that page is not so important,

if they gave a “during battle” screen shot and the world map, ppl would yell all over…
oh and the loot summary screen shot…

3 Likes

It showed the same readability and usability issues.

Great post!
I was about to write some feedback but you said everything I would have said and much better.

You say you’ve done some ui work for them, so I have one question - how the hell did this happen?

I’m currently a coder working for a gaming company and I’ve worked in loads of places. In every single one there was be a design director or someone similar in charge of the overall design and feel, even the companies with only 8 people. Not all of them were great but none of them would have let this go out.

What is the structure like at ii? (ok 2 questions) It seems like it would have to be deeply disfunctional for this to happen.

5 Likes

Maybe the new UI its OK for the phone version (>>> pls make a Vita version :stuck_out_tongue:) but not for the console.

i honestly want to know.
why is it cheaper for them to deal with this huge scale customer discontent than to work more on the new ui before releasing it?

@sxesic it is not ok for phones, im using android

3 Likes

Guild war defense teams should be arranged by color not by day. I want to set it up once and not touch it again.

6 Likes

aint 1st april

2 Likes