3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

I think the main problem is not design itself (though I agree that it doesn’t fit fantasy style of our loved game), but function issues like reading stuff, seeing stats in battle, recognizing rarity of troops and traitstones in explore and so on, meaning we can suck the art, but the game is barely playable now.

I hoped the screen with counting points after each battle would be removed, but it’s still here and more useless info takes more of my time while important things (like gold won in a battle or home kingdom for troops) are hidden. Most of players say the same, it wouldn’t be a big deal to test it before the release, even on screenshots as Annaerith proposed.

3 Likes

I will be a +1 to what mostly everybody has been saying. The new UI is tragically bad. I seriously don’t understand why somebody would make this, but understand even less why anybody who played the game with it would let it pass.

This isn’t a “modern” feel. You’ve sacrificed play ability to look more “modern”? Really?

Devs, any “modern looking” game HAS VISIBILITY. That’s the most important part of being able to play a game. Beyond even gameplay. I can’t see the game. I don’t even know where to begin on how jumbled, ugly, how much eye strain… like… it’s HORRIBLE.

The fonts. I’ve seen more consistency in a child’s finger painting project. Enemy health? Armor? WHY IS THE BACKROUND OF THE BATTLE BOARD NOT A SOLID COLOR? I’m going cross-eyed looking at this. And I’m 25 and don’t wear glasses. I feel sorry for anybody with impaired vision. Genuinely. Why would you take the game away from them? They just want to play.

Balance changes have been asked of you for a long time now, devs, but instead you decided to go and make the game unplayable for a lot of people instead.

Suggestion: REMOVE THIS UPDATE. Roll it back. Don’t even apologize. Just forget this happened and carry on with life.

AND HURRY. Please. <3

26 Likes

This update literally hurts my eyes. The eye strain from trying to read the unreadable text is headache-inducing after only a few minutes.

I can’t even form an opinion on any improvements that were made because the new UI prevents me from playing long enough to discover them.

I’m out. Not because I hate the game, but because it is now literally painful to play. Please fix it and I’ll be back.

10 Likes

Wow was I sad as I started to delve deeper into these changes this morning.

What on earth was the thinking behind this? This game has meant a lot to many of us for a good while now and some of our community have already left. They’ve deleted it and moved on in a heartbeat, and I don’t see it getting any better.

It’s almost like a fantasy novel and any apple product bumped uglies…

I have just about managed to play three matches before having to stop, it’s headache inducing, and something just feels really off. I can’t put my finger on it. The white numbers on the troops are awful to keep up with along with the rest of the busy/crowded board.

Comments such as ‘bad acid trip’ and ‘wretched’ have been made by my guild already. As a guild leader, I just hope they’ll stick around to see you fix this, 505.

Such a shame. Really, what a crisis of identity… This was a fun, bubbly, fantasy card game with a unique feel, already. The troops have lost their luster, I loved the frilly blue detail on the mythic troops.

Sure, some things aren’t a disaster… I don’t mind the chat, even though it keeps glitching.

Please give us an option to revert back… ya best be pulling an all nighter, pronto!

I appreciate you trying, and happy three year anniversary!

5 Likes

On the pvp screen when choosing a 1, 2 or 3 trophy match you used to be able to see at a glance the level of the four enemy troops before you started the chosen match. Now you have to click on each individual troop to see their level (blue/mythic orange/legenday etc) which is MOST annoying.

3 Likes

I have nothing to add to this. Just that it sums it up perfectly.

4 Likes

@Saltypatra

You all at InfinityPlus2 should be ashamed with this ugly crap you just released!
The guy responsible of this new Ui design should be fired asap! And not from the main door but from the window of the highest floor to make sure he wont do damage in another company!
What a shame! If there was a price awarded for destroying a game the best way possible, you would win easily.
Every members of my guild who discovered this update have the same words: “What the hell is this sxxx, that is just ugly!”.
Did you read the Xbox ingame global chat? Just an avalanche of players in shock after discovering this monumental crap!
Now please, tell us it was just a joke and that our dear Gems of war we all enjoyed over the past months/years will come back.

17 Likes

How difficult is it to roll back to the previous version on console?

1 Like

@Saltypatra for such major changes i suggest implementing an in-game poll asking about ppls feedback.

yeah i know its yet another time taken from bug fixes. but it seem necessary for a longer shot

5 Likes

One more thing (didn’t see if anybody mentioned it before): settings button in battles is placed in the up left corner. Most common place for close/ escape button is up right corner where button for chat is located now (which personally I never use). These buttons need to switch places.

2 Likes

The months upon months of saved time, avoiding the unwanted and harmful changes that need to be remade, you meant, right?

1 Like

Normally I do not post in forums but this time I have to make an exception because GOW was so far a very good game.
Sure you have to get used to a new UI (PS4) but while playing on a big screen after this update the game is extremely exhausting for my eyes and after a few fights a get headaches.
The overview in the battle screen has been lost and you have to search for each of the almost unreadable values of the units.
On the home screen I was´t even able to find my capital city.
Unfortunately the game ist now almost unplayable for me (and my girlfriend). :frowning:

4 Likes

+1 for an option buttons to revert back to old UI

I cannot play with this new UI at all, too painful on my eyes

4 Likes

Round of applause!

1 Like

not sure about sony but MS 100% must approve update and i takes a time

I’ve already said a fair bit on this appalling update, but having now persevered through a full round of guild wars…

Sheesh, who did the graphics for the new traitstones? It’s as if someone discovered 3D studio max and a rainbow filter. The new traitstones have absolutely no visual consistency with any other single thing anywhere else in the game. They sum up absolutely everything wrong with this update.

It’s as if the team let loose a bunch of work experience students in the office, gave each one a different part of the game to work on but only had one license for each graphic software package so each work experience student got a different software package to work with, threw the whole pile of vomit together at the end of the day and accidentally uploaded it as a full patch.

8 Likes

Yeah… it’s too busy. There’s too much fluff going on and the basics are actually harder to read and follow. In a battle, I find it’s harder to see the board, harder to see troop stats (light-weight white font on a multi-colored background, really?). Even the results/rewards thing now requires you to scroll a lot more to see the full list, when before it was tighter and more efficient. I thought the old interface actually worked better with the information needs of the player. This UI is cluttered, and key information has been made less obvious, prominent, and readable.

4 Likes

What the new UI lacks is soul. Big green buttons, a loading indicator devoid of colors, realy simple icons on the home screen instead of the lively old icons. I’ll get used to it probably, but the old UI definitely had more character. I also agree with above poster that visual consistency is lacking severely. On most screens the iconography and borders have been… flattened, but for some reason the new traitstones became harder to identify. Half te time I don’t even know what I’m looking at. The new glory symbol is not something I associate with glory either. The old wings have some association with the Roman Empire for me, i.e. I can see the connection, the new ones just look like the other half of a bird is missing.

What I do like is the new screen you get when clicking on a kingdom. There’s more information, and you can get into explore battles with one less click (if I recall correctly), which is a boon.

The new search interface in the troops screen works better (no more endless clicking), but it’s a shame you removed a few useful search options.

But jeez, I really miss the old colorful icons. I don’t like it one bit that you’re forcing me to click on a lifeless black and white pawn to access the daily Dungeon. Everything (but the traitstones) is flat now :confused:

6 Likes

I have a feeling our top guild is going to die.
Who in their right fucking mind gave the GREEN light for this shit? The more I play the more pissed off I became. I was starting to feel fed up with #vipvictim scenario and ridiculous troop introduction and changes but this is far beyond anything I ever thought possible. I can’t remember one single person post anything remotely positive about the ui when soulforge was released and here we are with a hotch potch car crash of a ui and game that only becomes better and more tolerable when you turn it off.
I seriously can’t believe anyone thought this was in a fit state to release.

7 Likes

Having just realised my VIP bonus’ are no longer stacked;

I would like to know how that works, legally? I paid for those bonus’ as they stacked up, now, you’ve taken them away with this update?

Have I seriously missed some fine print somewhere that allows you to take away something I’ve paid for after supporting your game to VIP level 6?

I will ask that if anyone here has any legal knowledge of this to let me know as I’m baffled. If you’ve taken away the ‘goods’ I chose to have and paid for, shouldn’t I get a refund?

I’m furious. Today’s update has been the worst thing I’ve encountered in the two years I’ve been playing. Oh, and my Famine just died as it skull-bashed The dragon Soul.

Good. Job.

I want my money back.

5 Likes