3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

Not difficult to find some place for the kingdom shield (which are soooooo great).

15 Likes

Xpost from the hotfix thread.

“Dear heart, how like you this?”
I like to point out in how many ways this UI is lacking, ever in details. You’d think that the altered state icons were done all in a batch, but no.

I was thinking about the same thing and rarity could be changed to word instead of stars and be centered.

Im really sad for the people who use troll/kraken/kraken they can’t use it in GW without losing points and they need to find 6 team… must be really hard to think by themself :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I hope your not calling out you own Guildmates with this…? I battled a clone army of roughly the same Defend team: Psion, Rag, Famine plus some random troop today…

2 Likes

I hope you lost? Lol

1 Like

Lol Naw, 5/0. I’ve lost more points to the Developers stealing my defense bonus than in battle. I’m only at 18.2k this week after the -500 BS deduction for having 7 unique troops to date. I should be 18.7k, I don’t think this new defend system was play tested.

That suck, at least it’s only 500 points i don’t think it will really affect the final result, unless every member got the same bug?

1 Like

I don’t think anything was play tested.

8 Likes

Lots of people complaining about it in Guild chat. If it’s only one day that like -15k for the Guild, it should not matter much. However, if this continues to occur every day -90k could easily make a difference.

Because of the defense penalty many in my Guild received for no reason (other than lack of testing), it has encouraged some in my Guild to dig into the problem. Using their excellent initial work as a starting point I’ve done some work on my own and…

I think it’s possible to get the full weekly bonus and run Troll/Kraken/Kraken/QMab (or any Meta team) on every single day.

And nope I’m not posting it…And defiantly not streaming it like what was done in the past.

2 Likes

Go for it you still gonna finish #2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that you’ve announced it, the honorable thing to do is to PM a dev with your suspicion and ask if they can verify on a test server. For my own sanity (what remains of it), I don’t want this diversity bonus being undermined.

7 Likes

I’m not 100% certain yet with out a live test and I’m not going to use it or share the process with anyone, I can almost guarantee if I tell any of my Guildmates and it works… By next week it will be everywhere. That will be bad for news for me too because this week has been nice with a little diversity.

If people do this it will change nothing, they won’t do more points, it will be the same then before unique troop defense, exept everyone will get +12000 points and people will cry again cause they always see the same team over and over.

Started an account just for this thread.
This new UI is abominable.
The reason I got sucked in to Gems was for the beautiful fantasy mystique of the whole game. The gems were vibrant, deep and, well, special.
The traitstones, too, were beautiful. All that Gold and the gently rounded edges of the arcanes, with the inset gems etc, it took my breath away and elevated my mood INSTANTLY just with the visuals when I turned on my game.
The fonts were appropriate and seemd to wind and curve along with the fantasy themed music, the backgrounds and boarders on the cards all said “somewhere far away, where the good guys win and things are more wonderful”.

Now the game says “We just punched this out of windows. It’s modern, so you will like it. Enjoy your squares and arial font.” I still cant get my head around who did all this?
Yeh, no. The reason we loved this game is because IT WASN’T MODERN. It took us all away to a better, more beautiful place. Now the traitstones are ugly, all evil and stuff… I could stare at an Arcane Traitstone for a few minutes, just enjoying the beauty. I wanted t reach out and touch it. Now they are vile and evil looking. Again, the beauty has been gutted. I could could go on and on and on. But I’ll just leave with this - PLEASE give us the option to go back to the old UI.
I hope you can have the humility to “cut your losses”. My wife and I literally gasped in horror when we turned it on the other day. I waited a week and came back to it before I left this, but it didn’t change. Where the game was beautiful and polished looking, warm and golden full of adventure and fantasy, it now looks cheap and cold. Empty and lifeless - in short… You have killed the very soul of GoW.

31 Likes

One more suggestion that could help. Turn down the bullshit-o-meter in Guild Wars please and thank you :smiley:

2 Likes

Pretty much this. Traitstones are the symbol of this game. Way more than the cards (the title of this game is GEMS of War, right?).

Changing the UI is one thing. It has commercial motivation and, whether we like it or not, it’s possible to comprehend.

Changing the Traitstones, though, changes the visual identity of the game. This makes the game quite literally a different game. And that I’m not so sure it is what they intended to do. And if it is, I don’t believe they understand the full consequences of it.

2 Likes

as soon as i understood they are going to keep this new ui, i realised they are just making it a different game
i think they should eventually go all the way and “destroy” the troop graphics, game icon, and kingdom emblems too, into the new style.

either that or change this ui graphics to begin with, while they still can.

id like if they hurried with either choice so i could have my peaceful game (if ui is changed) or leave the game / rethink of staying (if the rest of it is destroyed)

when they finish completely remaking the game i will re-evaluate it from the scratch to see will i wanna play it, as if its a different, completely new game, until then ill hang out a while longer

3 Likes