3.2 Hotfix is Here

UI still needs a lot of work:

• Troop art in the for troops set on a team is now even more obscured, while still having readability issues at the edge of the text:
  • Text in card borders is still almost imposible to read:
  • Troop screen navigation is still much harder without pg up/pg down arrows. I recognize I can use the mouse scroll wheel, but repeatedly tapping a button is still much easier. You have room on the UI, why not use it?
  • Mana numbers are still impossible to read on certain color backgrounds
  • Mouse scroll wheel speed for rewards windows is abysmal (several clicks of the wheel just to scroll past one reward, even when there are dozens of rewards in the box).
  • Horizontal scrolling is still causing nausea for some people.
  • Other places still have text with no guaranteed contrasting background or drop shadow, for example, guild wars Sentinels and the kingdom menus, and the news and events windows. There are probably many others.
  • Need consistency on the placement of buttons that exit a screen (back button in PvP scout screen is upper left, button to exit PvP is upper right)
  • Need consistency on the display of status effects (silence moves from the upper left corner obscuring the mana bubble to a smaller icon obscuring the magic icon if the troop has full mana)
  • (Subjective) I still highly prefer the old “you won” screen for rewards regardless, at least in layout. Gets more information across in a smaller space and in a way that wasn’t making people sick or wasting a bunch of time, and has an area where you can click outside the box to dismiss it instead of overlapping a button that you must click to close with buttons that switch chest rarity and are just inviting mistakes to happen. The prior post battle summary also made much better use of space without needing to scroll, and could also just be clicked through without having to hit a specific portion of the screen.

So many of these could be fixed by just bordering the text. I get that the decision to leave all text unbordered was an artistic one and it probably would work if it weren’t just displayed over all manners of backgrounds all over the game. This makes something that should look really clean and artistic and makes it something that looks outright sloppy and unprofessional. So again, I have to say, please consider just putting a contrasting outline around your text in areas where it is appropriate. It doesn’t have to be everywhere, the drop shadow can work sometimes, but there are some areas of this UI where bordered text is clearly the better choice from a design standpoint because the shadow obscures too much or is just outright out of place.

In addition, as has already been pointed out, troops that were stopgap fixed to target the last ally because of the targeting glitch did not have their targeting scheme restored. (Black Beast, Sacrificial Priest, and Elspeth, which makes them slightly worse, much worse, and super annoying respectively)

Not the kingdom menu. We need to straight be brought into the next explore. The amount of people that just do one explore and call it a day is heavily eclipsed by those that do multiple in a row, and there is no reason to make everyone even go through this extra step (those that do get their arcane in one fight would have no issue just backing out of one screen). Challenges should bring you to the challenge menu, agreed there. Testing a PvP defense should bring you back to PvP screen, but this may be a limitation on the way it is implemented (takes you into a “friendly” battle, which can be triggered from basically anywhere from chat, and probably doesn’t actually store your entry point so therefore doesn’t know where to drop you off when you are finished).

33 Likes