3.2 Hotfix is Here

Well as if this new UI didn’t make me feel sick enough you now make the neon green buttons flash neon yellow. I’ve always said high contrast, flashing neon colours make for a relaxing gaming experience.

5 Likes

Reinstalled the game to check the hotfix.

• Sidescrolling is still there. Yay, nausea galore! Seriously, why is this still in?!
  • Agreeing that the background should absolutely not shine through the board at all. It’s still eyestraining.
  • Numbers in white are better visible. Red-green-blind people like me are still pretty much lost when it comes to green numbers, though. Also stun. Three little red X without borders are not good.
  • Seriously, please adjust at least the colors to what they were before. Major parts of the eyestrain come from the high contrast of neon-green, white and black. Keep the font if you like it so much, but give us some lesser contrast colors back. This is not an aesthetic issue, but a health one. If you want people to play a lot, make them able to do so!
  • You made the buttons flash… are you trying to make the health issues worse?
  • I appreciate that at least the restroom signs behind Tyri in treasure hunt are gone. While truly cosmetic when the health issues are prevailing, it shows improvement. It’s still pretty rough with the cascades and the background shining through, though.
  • Banner Team Names are far better to read now! Text on the borders of the cards, though… not so much. The bright green and blue (mythic) are the worst with that, especially the green. Really, the buttons should have taught you guys by now that bright green and white text never match. Also the text is still really, really small, which makes it even harder. Can’t you make the borders and with that the text at least wider/bigger if they already have to look so plain?
  • Still can’t see the stars with my vision disability. Just a white dot under the kingdoms.
15 Likes

lol i agree it’s a bit better but the choice of color is ridiculous. Don’t tell me with all the color you could use the yellow and green was your best choice

4 Likes

Same on PS4

@Rickygervais is it brighter on Xbox also? Almost like the contrast is to high

2 Likes

iPad Air 2. Graphics set to epics, power save off, 4x speed and no blur quality

@Ghaleon yeah it’s super brighter

Yeah it’s funny… everyone complained about the radioactive green button and its white text being horrible to look at, so they seem to have thought “Okay, the green is annoying them, let’s add yellow so that it flashes and is even worse, then no one will complain about the green anymore!”
Seriously, I have played 10 minutes now and my eyes feel like dessicated cashews. The white numbers are better readable, but white text on black and the flashing buttons make the eyestrain so bad that it feels like it got worse overall even if the board is somewhat better.

4 Likes

I have done a bit of the Merlantis questline and don’t have a headache yet so it is an improvement but can we please go back to having a solid background on the board?

3 Likes

Interesting, does the Settings menu still say “Epic” for the graphics setting. As since the 3.2 update it should be saying “Low”, “Medium”, “High” etc. Can you please confirm? If that’s the case, it may explain some of the issues everyone is having.

Ok…you got me. The huge flashing green and yellow button is kind some Australian April Fools day joke right?

As for the other changes I sincerely hope this hotfix helps those with motion sickness.

1 Like

I just rechecked the old thread and Sirrian said he figured that “that the darker contrasting colors may be something that some folks are sensitive to” (on the topic of the board shining through). Clearly the button is colored in radioactive colors which are NOT dark, so how could any of us ever be sensitive to that?! =P (No really, I have absolutely no idea).

As the sidescrolling - cause for my nausea and motion sickness is still in - unfortunately things haven’t gotten better for me at all. As for the board, it’s somewhat better, but that had never been my main issue with the battle screen design (the text is). But I got a lot more eyestrain when I just played a bit, and there’s nothing besides the button that should increase it, so I’m absolutely not sure what’s going on.

1 Like

Those ugly white icons still need to go…

3 Likes

Can confirm it says Low Medium High for blur, but not for the rest. SS to show.

EDIT

It will go low, medium, high, very high, ultra, mythic.

When will Elspeth be fixed? she can’t target enemies so why does she still kill last slot?

Another thing when I finish an explore battle why am I returned to the map instead of the kingdom menu? and when I finish a challenge why am I returned to the map instead of the challenge menu?

For the year I have been here I have seen a lot of people requesting it I would love an answer as to why we are returned to the map instead of the kingdom menu.

10 Likes

And when we test our pvp defense, why are we returned to world map?

UI still needs a lot of work:

• Troop art in the for troops set on a team is now even more obscured, while still having readability issues at the edge of the text:
  • Text in card borders is still almost imposible to read:
  • Troop screen navigation is still much harder without pg up/pg down arrows. I recognize I can use the mouse scroll wheel, but repeatedly tapping a button is still much easier. You have room on the UI, why not use it?
  • Mana numbers are still impossible to read on certain color backgrounds
  • Mouse scroll wheel speed for rewards windows is abysmal (several clicks of the wheel just to scroll past one reward, even when there are dozens of rewards in the box).
  • Horizontal scrolling is still causing nausea for some people.
  • Other places still have text with no guaranteed contrasting background or drop shadow, for example, guild wars Sentinels and the kingdom menus, and the news and events windows. There are probably many others.
  • Need consistency on the placement of buttons that exit a screen (back button in PvP scout screen is upper left, button to exit PvP is upper right)
  • Need consistency on the display of status effects (silence moves from the upper left corner obscuring the mana bubble to a smaller icon obscuring the magic icon if the troop has full mana)
  • (Subjective) I still highly prefer the old “you won” screen for rewards regardless, at least in layout. Gets more information across in a smaller space and in a way that wasn’t making people sick or wasting a bunch of time, and has an area where you can click outside the box to dismiss it instead of overlapping a button that you must click to close with buttons that switch chest rarity and are just inviting mistakes to happen. The prior post battle summary also made much better use of space without needing to scroll, and could also just be clicked through without having to hit a specific portion of the screen.

So many of these could be fixed by just bordering the text. I get that the decision to leave all text unbordered was an artistic one and it probably would work if it weren’t just displayed over all manners of backgrounds all over the game. This makes something that should look really clean and artistic and makes it something that looks outright sloppy and unprofessional. So again, I have to say, please consider just putting a contrasting outline around your text in areas where it is appropriate. It doesn’t have to be everywhere, the drop shadow can work sometimes, but there are some areas of this UI where bordered text is clearly the better choice from a design standpoint because the shadow obscures too much or is just outright out of place.

In addition, as has already been pointed out, troops that were stopgap fixed to target the last ally because of the targeting glitch did not have their targeting scheme restored. (Black Beast, Sacrificial Priest, and Elspeth, which makes them slightly worse, much worse, and super annoying respectively)

Not the kingdom menu. We need to straight be brought into the next explore. The amount of people that just do one explore and call it a day is heavily eclipsed by those that do multiple in a row, and there is no reason to make everyone even go through this extra step (those that do get their arcane in one fight would have no issue just backing out of one screen). Challenges should bring you to the challenge menu, agreed there. Testing a PvP defense should bring you back to PvP screen, but this may be a limitation on the way it is implemented (takes you into a “friendly” battle, which can be triggered from basically anywhere from chat, and probably doesn’t actually store your entry point so therefore doesn’t know where to drop you off when you are finished).

33 Likes

Dungeons are still broken for me.
I can now actually access them and do the fight. However the end screen shows the hero and then nothing else, only thing to do is close the app.
Once it’s reopen it shows it as being complete. But having to close the app 3 times is a bit silly.

Do you have any issues with graphics not loading throughout the game? On the Dungeon battle selection screen are there any missing text or images?

Ok, spell targeting issue was fixed, but elsphet is still targeting the last troop no matter what I choose.