3.2 Hotfix is Here

Unless the update was mandatory, which I donā€™t think it was, the troop spells cannot be reverted to their original forms until all clients have been updated, since the same world data is associated with both patches. If they reverted the spells, then people could simply not take the update and continue to exploit the bug on the older client version.

I agree with all of your points regarding the stylistic changes and their attendant usability and legibility issues.

8 Likes

There is still a lot of work ahead, but the update brought joy. Thank you!

Doesnā€™t seem to be much different to me. Itā€™s still a complete mess with backwards thinking regarding layout, functionality and readability. You can put a tiara on a pig but itā€™s still a pig. Polishing that tiara makes no difference, itā€™s still a pig.

15 Likes

And as far as backgrounds in gameplay on the game board can be distracting there should be an opacity or turn off background while gameplay they do it already with the in game chat window so it should not be so difficult to do on the gameboard this is feedback from my guild

1 Like

Thatā€™s where I was at when they announced this update of ā€œfixesā€ and where Iā€™m still at, even after its release. Only difference is I said ā€œlipstickā€ and not ā€œtiaraā€. Same idea though. If this is their idea of a readability update, we still have a loooong way to go before most things are readable and therefore easily playable. Not to mention, it still doesnā€™t change the overall blandness (like the white numbers) and inconsistencies (silence placement on a powered up troop vs a non powered up one) that this new UI has.

This update was very much putting lipstick on a pig and we have a ways to go before this pig is ready for any beauty pageant. You know what would be better? Not dressing up a pig (read: not having to use this new UI, as it is now).

But, what do I and a lot of other players on this forum know? Most of us have only been playing every day for a year (or more, in a lot of cases). We couldnā€™t possible know what might and might not work and look good for this game. (please note my HEAVY sarcasm here)

7 Likes

It sucks just as bad too meā€¦it messes with my eyes

Is dungeon (on mobile) going to be fixed? Played today, game still freezes after first battleā€¦

PVP loading screen is still broken (PC)

2 Likes

You know, I was just thinking about your comment and thought of something. As you and I have both said, this new ā€œfixā€ update didnā€™t change much, itā€™s basically just dressing up a pig for a beauty pageant. And that got me to wondering, how many more updates like this before most players actually start to like the new UI? Are we all just supposed to be guinea pigs for the next however long while the devs ā€œfigure it outā€?

If that is indeed the plan, that is insane. I started this game to have fun and enjoy myself, not be a test subject for someoneā€™s game experiment. If I wanted to do that, I would beta test for Microsoft/Xbox (haha).

But, in all seriousness, where does this end? Where is the light at the end of the tunnel that we are now all trapped in? And what do we do in the meantime, just ā€œdealā€? Thatā€™s basically the only message im getting from the devs here. They surprised us with a new UI overhaul, we didnā€™t like it, and the response is basically ā€œdeal with it, or leave.ā€ Isnā€™t that lovely?

I have to be honest, the only reason Iā€™m still here, now, is my guild. Iā€™ve been with them almost as long as Iā€™ve been playing this game (about a year) and I donā€™t want to just leave them high and dry. But, that straw that will break the camelā€™s back is coming. It already has for some. I know people who quit the second they saw the 3.2 update.

Now, as I said, I stuck around for my guild and because I wanted to see what this new ā€œfixā€ update would bring, but I must say Iā€™m not impressed. If this keeps on, I honestly donā€™t know how long I will play. I know asking for the old UI is a pipe dream at this point, but at the very least the new one should be playable, hell, should have been playable when it was dropped on us.

But, no, now we are all sitting around going ā€œwhat do I do now?ā€ And hereā€™s the thing, if I was a new player, I would have dropped this game after the 3.2 update. But, Iā€™m not. Im in a Top 15 guild, over level 1,000 and have put real money in this game. So, after this 3.2 insanity, I feel taken advantage of and taken hostage, because Iā€™m left with little choice about what to do about a game I play and support for almost a year. And thatā€™s ridiculous. None of us should feel that way. But a lot of us do.

19 Likes

This patch tells me that they will stay with the new design.
So I stop playing. Playing GoW is no fun any more. :frowning:

4 Likes

Thank you for adding a bigger background gradient. They cover up the bottom half of the troop art nicely during matches.
Also thanks for the bright yellow flash when clicking on one of the bright green buttons.

Meanwhile:

• The chat icon being in 3 different places (TOP at main menu, RIGHT at treasure hunt, LEFT in Guild Wars screen)
  • Kingdom progress indicator missing
  • Having to click on ā€œ?ā€ icons for info that was readily available before (example: GW attack screen)
  • Not being able to click on the center kingdom icon to start a match, but only on a button on the bottom
  • Huge unused space on the Troop & Teams section. Also bugged on widescreen: [BUG] Widescreen resolution hides information on PC/Steam
  • Missing Kingdom indicator on Troop Cards
  • Huge popups when clicking on the Kingdoms, instead of the sweet radial menuā€™s
  • STILL not able to see exact time Member was last online at the Guild Roster (we used to have this information)
  • Items looted presented in a non-compact way with a slide bar and slow animation. Often resulting in having to scroll all the way back
  • Mouse Cursor has not been adjusted to a flat design. It feels out of place now
  • Jack Lumber is not in the game
  • Etc.
5 Likes

Readability and feeling sick issues are not resolved for me.

In game battles are still hard to follow due to all of the symbols being white. The side scrolling throughout the entire game is whatā€™s causing me to feel sick i believe.

I still havenā€™t seen anyone explain why we had to have this ugly UI refresh in the first place?

Pretty fed up and annoyed right now after all of the time and money iā€™ve put into this game.

6 Likes

Regarding the readability issues etc, Iā€™m short-sighted and sometimes I have to take off my glasses so I can hold the phone screen (Samsumg Galaxy S5) closer to my face so I can read the tiny fonts and numbers. This is especially noticeable for the stats on troops in the Troops&Teams screen and the text on the Weapon screen.

Either give us bigger fonts or, at least, allow us the option to view fewer ā€œcardsā€ on screen at a bigger size.

Similarly, where thereā€™s white text on pale blue, itā€™s almost invisible, surely itā€™s not hard to give people options for High Contrast or black background to text? This doesnā€™t have to be the default, but let us have the choice

Also I donā€™t if Iā€™ve picked up any new troops from chests, but, if I have, thereā€™s no obvious NEW flag as there was on the old vertically scrolling list to tell me Iā€™ve got them.

Iā€™ve also noticed that I donā€™t seem to be able to change Chat Channel. Ok, itā€™s not something I generally use (only the Guild Chat) but thereā€™s no option to select a different one if I want.

2 Likes

I feel the same.
And considering it usually takes them months to release new updates with the normal workload (i.e. not counting the additional workload coming from the new UI) itā€™s safe to say the new design will take upwards of 6 months to be fully realised.

Also, weā€™re not even discussing here the fact theyā€™re sure as hell working on a Switch version of the game. And that takes developer time as well.

Please please please put a border or drop shadow around the text and do something about the auto-side-scrolling after battles and chests.

Please.

Still getting nausea after trying to play. This hot fix isnā€™t any better.

2 Likes

Can you please tell us why bordering the font is still not taken into consideration? And why the font scales that badly? They are neatly defined only at the biggest size.

Not really, no.

Thank you for taking away the toilet signs from behind Tyri in Treasure Hunt. But now there are little weird dark squares behind the prizes in the various chests and vaults listed on the right.

It also zooms out. I can handle ugly colors, I can stand flashing, but the zoom doesnā€™t agree with my stomach.

This comment though >>>

1 Like

Over 700 days and bracket one guild from day one and thatā€™s the only reason important here too, that and vip 6. My Mrs has already quit and asked me not to log in to collect daily stuff and do dungeon battles, despite having almost 4k diamonds. She asked why did they fuck it up so bad when it was so beautiful. I couldnā€™t answer her.

8 Likes

As Iā€™ve said before, I think thereā€™s a lot of knee-jerking going on, but there are clearly a lot of legit concerns as well. Between @Mithran and @Doghouseā€™s comments, I think all the remaining issues have been pretty well covered.

1 Like