3.2 Hotfix is Here

Do I remember hearing that the hotfix would address the issue of having to download a 2+MB file every time the game loads? Because I still have that problem after updating. On the other hand, if I don’t click “Okay” quickly enough, the game will happily finish loading and drop me at the map screen without having downloaded the additional file.

Edit 2: after some more monkeying around, it appears that the game goes ahead with the download whether or not you give permission. Kind of defeats the purpose of asking if it’s okay.

Edit: removed a couple of screenshots, which showed a problem fixed in the update.

1 Like

nope not fixed, my other phone where i updated but was lazy to reinstall still has those issues pending

I try to watch my mobile data, and it never seems to actually download something. Probably does the first time you see it and then never does after that.

Next fan contest is art replacing that ugly place holder white crap. There are artistic members, if you post suggestions they will have to.

5 Likes

Stonehammer is broken his skull damage reduction of 80% isn’t working after patch.

I can still actually play, that’s what matters here. I don’t have to like it.

Haha no, that makes no sense at all. Of course we have to like it. Making it readable for the majority of the playerbase (possibly still not the case?) isn’t a condition for us to like it, its a condition for it to be released. *sigh*

Spoiler: I don’t think this is good enough.

5 Likes

Interesting to note that when I went to do the update on Google Play their approval rating has dropped from 4.3 to 4.1 in the last couple of weeks. Not sure how many players changing their star rating it would take to cause a .2 drop but it has to be a very large number

6 Likes

While there’s still a lot of issues to address, thank you for the quick patch! I can actually see team strength now :smiley: I seriously thought it was removed when 3.2 came out, didn’t even know it was there until somebody pointed it out.

Who were supposed to hit is not corrected. Accidentally used lady ironbeard to attack herself and ended match

This freaked me out, so i just went to check, since im using him in PVP def. And sure enough, its working.

I thought the troops stats were fine before,now half the troop art is covered by black bars.

2 Likes

20 Likes

I am so sorry, but I am still having a headache when I play more than half hour on this…still extreme poor readability on phone or tablet, still too many sidescrolling areas. And also game is crashing more, but I don’t know that this is UI related.

I know you refused to admit this is a mistake and go back completely to an old UI, but why not allow user the option to choose between new or classic? That way, you could keep going with whatever this supposed to be, but those of use getting headaches can go back to having a good time, too. Doesn’t this sound reasonable?

8 Likes

Isn’t that ironic? Because one of the reasons they said they did this redesign was to show off/see the troop art more.

Personally, I don’t think this redesign is working. Before, you could see the art, but not the numbers and now the main focus is the numbers and less on the art. That, coupled with the traits placement, and the cards do look subpar now compared to the old version. This, of course, is just my opinion. Though, I doubt I’m alone in this.

12 Likes

I should also say it was a summoned Stonehammer from King Iron forge.

Are you sure the Stonehammer had his third trait? A summon doesn’t necessarily come with all traits active, especially if it’s a Mythic troop the player doesn’t own.

2 Likes

I have all the troops in the game and all are fully traited including mythics.

Huh. Any chance you could replicate it without having to rely on a Highforge summon? Does it happen with regular Stonehammers?

Here’s an experiment of mine.
Because of the radioactive button of flashing doom, I decided to try to recolor it in the “old” colors without changing design or font. While doing so, I thought about how incredibly weird it is that the buttons went from 3D to simplest 2D while all the items are now 3D. How does that even make sense? Anyway, here’s the buttons in Old Style, radioactive green, eyecancer yellow and then my recolor. Kept the background black because that’s what we got now, right?

What’s the favourite button color of your eyes, everyone?

(But seriously, whoever decided that yellow was a good idea deserves to be fed to a Manticore. I can’t even look at it here for long without my eyes aching. It’s so much worse when it flashes ingame… Also notice the details of the old button compared with what idiot me can make with a free graphic program in five minutes… hard to believe the new UI was so long in the works, feels like even someone like me (almost completely blind on one eye) could make the art in one afternoon. =P)

17 Likes

The old style Quit button looks so much better and is very easy on the eye. What on earth have they done to this game?

I especially hate it when the flashing neon button is on screen at the same time as the fast lateral rewards screen. Makes me want to throw up.

9 Likes