3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

I know this has been mentioned to some degree before, but I have been getting headaches and motion sickness since the patch. I am susceptible to First Person Shooter and video gaming/movie camera shake motion sickness. I haven’t had this problem with GoW prior to the recent patch. I think there are two things affecting it. The first is the background being transparent with pictures the gems float past. The second and more obvious one is this giant bunch of boxes scrolling sideways after each battle showing the rewards, and the opening of the chests being a sideways sliding list. I know that I can click skip (which by the way I’m really hoping you put in an option to always skip to save all this carpal tunnel) , but even then I often WANT to scroll back to see if I got any of the new troop, or something I’m looking for. The end of game scrolling is by far the worst because it is after every game. If there is ANY way you could make all the rewards fit in one page without any scrolling, that would be a HUGE improvement. Plus it is always cleaner and more efficient to be able to review your game end rewards without multiple pages.

6 Likes

For the love of god please do something about this UI, it’s really doing my head in now.

It isn’t pretty or user friendly, in the sligtest…at all!

I have that many issues with it i don’t know where to start but the 2 main things are:

1. Readibility
  2. It makes me feel sick

Why are all the card stats and icons white? Before they were easy to read with the different coloured icons.

The side scrolling chest openings are really making me feel sick. With the quick appearance of the cards and them rapidly swishing left, it just leaves my eyes trying to focus on each one as it appears but failing. Before was a much nicer way, no lateral movement to mess with my vision and i could control the speed of the reveal.

It’s such a shame that a game i love so much has been butchered like this and for no discernible reason.

7 Likes

the tipping point is when they see the the bottom line at the end of each quarter and see that sales dropped from last years numbers

Thanks @Clark, @anon43026234 and @efh313. The new star system is a bit confusing.

2 Likes

I can sorta see that now thanks.

Regarding people getting motion sickness - I suspect that the auto-scrolling victory loot screen is to blame. The problem is that we normally read from left to right and then from up to down; introducing additional movement vector confuses the brain and thus the vomity feeling. Having a show of the gained cards is a good idea in theory, but the presentation must be tweaked to make it easier to digest for us simple-brained creatures.

1 Like

Here we are.

1 Like

It used to be fine. The cards would flash up, one at a time, on the screen. Like so many things associated with this UI change, the current version is worse than what it replaced.

3 Likes

Thank you for mentioning the traitstones.

At least on my iPhone the minor traitstones all look the same-- gray blobs.
Runic and Arcane traitstones are garishly-colored blobs. The palette used for these important items is particularly repellent.

I wish I understood how these things happen. Was a graphic designer even in the room at any point in the development of this clash-and-burn UI?

Then to release it half-baked and buggy, so soon after the disastrous 3.1 release and all the resulting bad feeling… why? Why did this UI update happen? Why not in a month, so it can be polished and nice?

People don’t like change, even when it’s well-thought out and executed. This gratuitous mess strikes me as neither. YMMV.

15 Likes

please allow moving teams around on the team list

8 Likes

Not sure if this was said before, but on the new troop card, if you have the spell up front, it might be nice to have the colors of the spell visible (now it’s hidden behind the spell card as it’s on the main troop face and the important part of it is hidden behind the spell card).

3 Likes

This has been a QoL dream for a loooooong time…

Would love to see it happen still…

:pray:

3 Likes

I would love a “Classic UI” option. I am not liking this new layout, it is hard to look at, and others in my guild are complaining in our guild chat as well.

10 Likes

@Saltypatra

I wanted to give a little feedback on the new Traitstone redesign. I think he new design is fine, leaving the graphic artist with no UI supervision is not. The stones should be identifiable at a glance. Minors NEED to be reduced in physical size so they are not larger than Majors for example. Yes, I know the little swirly thing inside is bigger, but overall the Minors are massive is size. This principal applies to the entire set “Identifiable at a glance”.

1 Like

U shuld make the computor easier cus i tried to play again but i keep loosing to krakon teams thay shuld be nerfed

1 Like

Honestly, for all the crap I have said about the UI redesign, I don’t mind that we got a redesign. I can live with the slick new style instead of the detail-rich system we used to have. I even like some of the new features, like the layout/design of the new tribute screen. What bothers me is the inattention to detail (or, indeed, basic UI principles) by the person(s) in charge of the overhaul.

Since this is the suggestion thread, posting my post-hotfix impressions here as well.
Reinstalled the game to check the hotfix.

• Sidescrolling is still there. Yay, nausea galore! Seriously, why is this still in?!
  • The background should absolutely not shine through the board at all. It’s still eyestraining.
  • Numbers in white are better visible. Red-green-blind people like me are still pretty much lost when it comes to green numbers, though. Also stun. Three little red X without borders are not good.
  • Seriously, please adjust at least the colors to what they were before. Major parts of the eyestrain come from the high contrast of neon-green, white and black. Keep the font if you like it so much, but give us some lesser contrast colors back. This is not an aesthetic issue, but a health one. If you want people to play a lot, make them able to do so!
  • You made the buttons flash… are you trying to make the health issues worse?
  • I appreciate that at least the restroom signs behind Tyri in treasure hunt are gone. While truly cosmetic when the health issues are prevailing, it shows improvement. It’s still pretty rough with the cascades and the background shining through, though.
  • Banner Team Names are far better to read now! Text on the borders of the cards, though… not so much. The bright green and blue (mythic) are the worst with that, especially the green. Really, the buttons should have taught you guys by now that bright green and white text never match. Also the text is still really, really small, which makes it even harder. Can’t you make the borders and with that the text at least wider/bigger if they already have to look so plain?
  • Still can’t see the stars with my vision disability. Just a white dot under the kingdoms.
4 Likes

Why are you telling them that? Come on, don’t take one of the few nice things we still have away! =(

4 Likes

in which Year u will fix Scroll Bars?

1 Like

made by paint from windows
obraz

8 Likes