Will we really miss guild wars if it was removed?

Asking around in my Guild and the answer was 28/30 members would regret being able to play only once a month in GW. We all enjoy it very much and it would be a pity to see it only once in four weeks.
Perhaps it would be a solution to leave the choice to the guilds. Give them the choice in which of the games they want to participate?

1 Like

Low blow. Please avoid personal attacks so that this thread can stay open.

6 Likes

Thank you, grumpy A-holes like me need a safe space to pointlessly complain about sth, before they get tired and just forget about it.

Is the truth about it the ā€œlowā€ part of the blow?
BTW, I didnā€™t mention anyoneā€™s name, so itā€™s not personal.

Commenting on almost every post of any player is a sure fire way to derail a thread though, you might toggle it down a bit, this comes from someone who is also pro-GW.

Ok, Iā€™m done. I think everybody is tired of my rants, so Iā€™m calling it a day.

Could you please give us a 2nd joke before you leave? :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s more a free to play perspectiveā€¦

Do f2p players prefer guild wars, because they see it as the cheapest and least time consuming mode, or do they really enjoy it for the challenge?

Most discussions on this subject Iā€™ve seen revolve around sigils and time consumption. Meaning the pro guild wars people (based on a lot of threads Iā€™ve read about this subject) usually enjoy playing less than more, so they see all other modes involving sigils as requiring lots of gems and lots of playtime.

I love playing long sessions, and I love having a variety of things to doā€¦ It sounds like the pro gw crowd really want less things to do, if all they want in the game is more guild wars and less of everything else. (Again, Iā€™m only going by what you wrote)ā€¦

Personally, I have less free time now than I did earlier in my GoW experience. But the game is adding more things to do on a daily basis, and dangles incentives that make me feel like I am falling behind for not doing everything. Thus Guild Wars, with its maximum of five daily battles, is a pleasant break from the strain of trying to clear my ā€œto-do listā€.

It is not a ā€œfree to playā€ vs VIP issue. Itā€™s a ā€œcanā€™t get more than 24 hours in a dayā€ issue.

Edit: but I love the idea of Guild Wars. It is almost exactly what players were clamoring for, for a long time. Guilds set defenses for specific opponents, and everyone competes against other guilds in a (sort-of) zero sum environment. That lends a tension not present in other areas of the game, which is exciting to me and many others.

6 Likes

I for one wonā€™t miss guild wars every 3 weeks. Yes thatā€™s my opinion and no Iā€™m not rubbish at it to come to that choice. I donā€™t like it, the other 2 modes I enjoy. Different horses for different courses.

I appreciate there are people that do enjoy it and would never knock them for doing so. The devs obviously have their reasons for it so itā€™s either accept it or move on to another game Iā€™m afraid.

2 Likes

If this is a serious question and not just another strawman to try and make the other side of the argument look not credible, then let me answer:
Yes i enjoy it for the challenge, i enjoy it for the stakes of each match compared to the ~30-40 fluff fights you have to endure in Raids/Invasions that donā€™t prove challenging in the least bit and are just a chore of endurance until the enemy stats are ramped high enough so what you do on the board actually matters.

I would welcome much more GW fights a day, so i donā€™t enjoy them for being short.
The sentiment of ā€œtime consumptionā€ in other modes really stems from the many insignificant fights you canā€™t lose even if you play blindfolded but have to work through to get to the beefy mattering ones.

That is also why i enjoy advancing my delves instead of sitting at lv20, the 3 time consuming high level delves a day are my personal GoW highlight in non-GW weeks(and they also rock in GW weeks).

Edit: Btw i also get salty over lost GW battles, in a healthy way(my neighbours may think differently about it sometimes), it is part of the fun, that the battle actually had the stakes to get to me like that, compared to the more ā€œroboticā€ mindset i have during PvP grinds or other events.

4 Likes

Some players are highly paranoiac: every new features that devs are doing are against themā€¦

Devs just add a new weekly event and they donā€™t have many choices than adding it in the scheduleā€¦ I donā€™t really see why they will ā€œthrow in the binā€ 6 months of work required to create GWā€¦

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t being sarcastic. People constantly bring up Raid and Invasion are ā€œgrind festsā€ and too time consumingā€¦ And the pro guild wars crowd is constantly bringing up that guild wars is being treated poorly because itā€™s not monetized like the other modesā€¦

If you read these threads, like I do, they are littered with folks talking about raid and invasion being boring, and guild wars being the only game mode thatā€™s exciting, and exclaiming guild wars is the only game mode that requires skillā€¦

Thatā€™s not me being sarcastic.

Most people that want more guild wars want one mode over all others, by demanding more guild wars, or complaining thereā€™s not enough guild wars, they are basically saying, ā€œAll I want to do is guild warsā€¦ā€ and if you disagree with that, well, I wonā€™t be surprised.

Exactly, so you would prefer to have more of a game mode that requires the least amount of play-time to fit your schedule.

You arenā€™t the only person Iā€™ve seen say they love guild wars because it is only five battles a day.

1 Like

Now that I have joined a new guild that is very very very low ranked (but rising so fast!), Guild Wars is fun again! Fun again, but not so fun that is needs to be more than once per month.

Guild Wars is a stressful event for many players. Itā€™s the only time that guilds really get on their players about performing well instead of just letting them play however they want. During other events, guild mates on the average could not care less about how everyone is doing in an event.

3 Likes

Short answer: yes.

Long answer:

The flip side (for me) is that the non-GW weeks will (and already do) make the GW week seem better by comparison.

3 Likes

We all love it because we make a little competition amongst ourselves too. It has nothing to do with the length of the games.
If you want to play long sessions and spend a lot of gems thatā€™s your prerogative, but you must understand not everybody thinks or feels like you. Therefore I would find it a very good idea to leave the choice to the players.

1 Like

Nope, it can aswell being removed and i wouldnt care.

Gw is the big bro of arena, a fked up thing badly explained and deeply exploitable (Es: didnt seen anywhere and also never been told that if you dont use a 4 ā€œright colorā€ on attack at least once you can say goodbye to the bonus 2k daily points for having 24 diff troops on def OR how come i never heard anyone say ā€œmakr a team that win on turn 1 for high scoreā€, all iā€™ve ever heard is bring summoners and exploders, that from someone that was/is always getting insane scores).

So yeah, even tho i always did well in gw (except this week, even more cuz tomoz wanna try smthing) i love it as much as arena and itā€™s just a ā€œdutyā€.

1 Like

What is ā€œGuild Wars and the new scheduleā€? Not all of us can sit down and watch hour-long streams to get news, we foolishly assume news will be made in news posts.

5 Likes

This is what I know.

Thanks @Lyrian for taking the time to summarize everything for the rest of us who miss these tidbits. :+1::+1:

This will impact only the bracket 1 players since the rewards suck elsewhere. I would prefer see it every 2 weeks since itā€™s the only way to get decent amount of gems to be able to play the other modes without having to drop money from my pocket.

I really hope the new event will be fun but from what i readed about it, there is not really big change between this mode and invasion/raid mode and i think people will be bored very quick

2 Likes