Will we really miss guild wars if it was removed?

Gems of War randomly and rudely throws up the ad to buy the weekly kingdom legendary or a different legendary pack at $49.99 from time to time. Not only do I not need the packages, it tends to pop up as I’m transitioning from location to location and pressing the A button to confirm my menu selections. On more than one occasion, I’ve accidentally pressed A to buy the package. Thank goodness Microsoft has a secondary screen to confirm a purchase for that in-game content or I’d be the first in line to get money back on something I wasn’t trying to buy.

3 Likes

You said “welcome to the club” to one who would miss Guild Wars. I take that as a sympathy message, as you want more GW, and not less, yourself.

Then you say that you should go ahead and make a support group. That seems like a reasonable idea for someone that would miss Guild Wars more or less.

Where is the joke in that?

I said rip because the next step is removing it. You’ll see. This is only the beginning.

1 Like

Renting an Office, Paying developers to wake up, come to work Monday - Friday, paying Artists, and support staff, and running servers, and developing content, pushing patches, and constantly being mocked for wanting to capitalize on their product so they can keep the lights on, and the game running…

If that’s what you call dirt cheap, easy money, I’m glad I don’t work for you.

5 Likes

That’s funny, because this 4 week cycle effects Raid, Invasion, and the New Game Mode as well, so your implying they are getting rid of all four? I’m not sure why you are singling out Guild Wars, since it is being treated the Same Way as the Other three Game Modes.

That is true.

A support group is usually sth to help ppl deal with very serious issues, it’s usually for alcoholics or war veterans. Losing GW is a relatively small thing in comparison.

Btw, if the joke wasn’t funny the 1st time around, it’s even less so, now that I’ve explained it :joy:

Ah, so you meant “support group” in that manner…For me a support group is any group of people with common experiences or concerns who provide each other with encouragement, comfort, and advice. I have seen quite a few support group threads over the 3 years.

Your joke might be the badest one of 2018, so be thankful, because your next one can only be better. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, everything costs money, but hiring 5 ppl with a decent salary to maintain a worldwide game with thousands of players is a relatively small cost of doing business. It’s pennies, compared to making a AAA game. And by the way, do you honestly believe they’re just scraping by, barely surviving with what they earn? If so, you’re the perfect customer for them. Gullible enough to feel responsible for their wealth.

1 Like

Lol, that’s quite the silver lining :joy:

I would feel incredibly happy. I started playing when Gow had no GW and I miss that era of the game (Legenday!)

4 Likes

Well GW was weekly when it first came out Raids and Invasions were always once every 3 weeks so we are used to that. Plus this new game mode will be another raid/invasion clone of a new OP troop that is immune to everything and needs a new troop that can only be bought with gems to properly deal with it.

1 Like

The game didn’t have delves, factions, bounties, raids, invasions back then as well. Should we throw them out as well, for the sake of nostalgia?

That is only my opinion. You can share it, read it or ignore it.

3 Likes

I’m going to really miss GW I do for the most part really enjoy it. This is terrible timing I only just left my guild events optional guild not long ago so I could do high bracket GW again.

I guess I’ve chosen the wrong option, should’ve ignored it.

1 Like

Wow.

Talk about a point of view. I’m glad you have one game mode you enjoy out of all the game modes, but I do support the game. I have a high VIP level, because instead of going on vacation, Gems Of War is my vacation. That may not sound good to you, or others, but I’m not seeking anyone’s approval. I do what I enjoy doing, and I spend money on what I enjoy be it movies, going out, or on my favorite game…

I don’t believe they are making millions of free dollars off of Gems Of War, I believe they are doing their best to keep long term players like myself interested in playing their game. New Game Modes = Player Retention, less things to do = people get bored and move on.

Guild Wars is my least favorite part of the game, every loss makes me question if I should even bother with the game anymore. I use to have to do guild wars every week – I was ready to quit in January, and then I found out about Raid and Invasion. Because of the game modes added, I will be here until They Shut The Servers Off…

I have a personal question, since you mentioned people love guild wars and they should add an individual leaderboard and store to it… Have you ever topped the PVP leaderboards? Do you try to top them every week?

If you love guild wars, you can fight meta teams all day long in ranked 3 matches, by all means, go for it!

2 Likes

They’re no Fortnite, but if they weren’t making a good profit, their publisher would’ve scraped the game a long time ago. They need the free players to have a larger player base, so it’s more interesting for the paying customers.

I don’t chase leaderboards, I’m not interested in a grinding competition. Just to be clear: I DON’T want a leaderboard chase in GW, I was giving an example for monetizing GW to make the devs happy, not me.

GW is about getting a high score from a limited number of fights, not grinding points by fighting more and more opponents. It’s the exact opposite of ranked PvP.

2 Likes

While I really appreciate Santandrix creating this thread, so it won’t derailing Spoiler post any longer, I still don’t see anything worth reading here just like there, just endless unrelated argument about feelings. So I’ll just mute it for my sanity.

I like GW as much as the other modes, so I’m indifferent about it becoming less frequent. I might change my mind about it once the new mode is released. But as far as I know, it will be similar to Delve, so it might become my new favorite mode.

6 Likes

People needed a place to vent their frustration (or express their relief) that a former pillar of the game is becoming less important. Even if nothing comes of it and the thread is so much hot air, at least people can express themselves here and not derail other threads.

Which you already understood, of course.

6 Likes

And yet you see no problem with ppl creating threads just to plug their artwork. At least this discussion is 100% about the game. But then again, I don’t have a “beta” in my avatar, so…

1 Like