This is why people are worried about GW. Can anyone explain?

I mean, you can get the stars, but double skill bonus is irrelevant if you don’t have the kingdom at level 10 because 2 times zero is still zero.

4 Likes

I’d hoped that the bonus was implemented as an additional +1, not as a x2. How unfortunate.

It says ‘double skill bonus’ so I’d always read it as x2. Not that we can test it at all…

2 Likes

New kingdom is coming out soon, isn’t it? Suncrest? Do you guys all want to get together and tally down how much pvp score it gives, whether getting it to 5-star before lvl 10 gives anything, etc etc? Could provide some valuable data.

Imagine bugs that gives loses in the GW.

2 Likes

I’d offer to do just that, but I have never had enough resources to 5-star a kingdom as soon as it hit 8 troops. @Jainus, want to be our guinea pig? The event is only 3 days after the kingdom releases, so you won’t lose that much time at 9% tribute compared to 10%.

I understand from @sirrian that:

• the 5 star bonus functions as a +1, not a x2
  • so you do get +1 from getting 5 stars, even if you don’t have the kingdom at level 10

so @Grundulum is right

turns out this is incorrect… though I’d assumed it was correct as well…

Fairly irrelevant, as I can’t imagine anyone getting to 5 stars before level 10, really.

@Grundulum I wouldn’t mind testing it with the new kingdom, except that in the excitement I would almost certainly forget… so I thought I’d ask instead…

2 Likes

So, it turns out this is incorrect.

Stormheim gives a life bonus. With Stormheim at level 6, and five star:

I have no life bonus on my troops. I double checked the actual values versus Ashtender just in case it wasn’t giving “kingdom” credit but the bonus snuck into the totals, and 31 life is the correct total for a legendary ascended level 19 soothsayer with no kingdom bonuses.

1 Like

thats kind of me :stuck_out_tongue: keeping most kingdoms at lv9 (the enemy teams in pvp are quite a variety, laze estimation 50% of them is the meta and 50% is the event-helping teams + random)
i make offense and defense teams around 6,7-7,5k team score
sometimes im offered ~2k base gold, often ~1,1-1,5k base cold, minimum 700+ base gold,
ill pay attention to pvp points offered after i get home and actually play (right now i see 55points offered but im not gonna play)

you can see my collection link in my profile

if you 5* a kingdom without making it lv10 you dont get any stat bonuses from it

nope, click on my profile, i have whitehelm 7* at the least

1 Like

Well, that’s awkward. I wonder if that’s an intended effect (and @Sirrian just forgot about how the code works – Lord knows I’ve done that enough times with my own code), or if that’s a bug in need of fixing.

1 Like

I was talking about completing tasks though, not kingdoms. I highly doubt people capable of getting to legendary tasks would just pass up these resources completely just so they can avoid getting the skill bonuses (and associated score that comes with them) for completing each color task for the week. Bare minimum, you’d be passing up 100 gems, 7 event keys, 80 glory keys, 11 gem keys, and 1k souls per week if you were able to but willingly chose not to complete the 12th level tasks a given week.

I’m actually not completing kingdoms to level 10 for the time being on my low level account (outside of magic/attack), because it changes the entire way the game is played at a fundamental enough level that I might as well abandon the low level account because it would just be a shadow of my main account.

As to an actual advantage, that remains to be seen. So far, my experience is that my main account still gets things done faster overall, although certain situations can lead for my low level account to be able to complete some battles nearly as fast for a lot more PvP points and gold. On the flipside, something a simple as a Spirit Fox can often oneshot my troops and I can’t just throw out spells and skull bait to speed through when two random skulls from an average attack (one from an event troop) will take out most of my troops. Exploring is also abysmally slow by comparison. Again, not doubting whether or not the game can be played like this a personal choice, but more whether or not it is actually advantageous to do so in some meaningful way. I suppose if it does give you a leg up on PvP points per minute and that is your main goal in the game, the answer would be yes, but even that remains to be seen.

3 Likes

my main reason is the variety of teams im facing not the actual _pvp points offere_d :slight_smile:
it just feels much more relaxed,
also im thinking of gold offered (but that is still hard to estimate)

Same here. And once again I’m talking about the “tasks vs being guildless without any tasks done” issue not some of these other issues with the following data: I normally average around 1000 points per hour when I’m trying hard and did not see that change at all during the 1400 matches without any tasks done. In a top 3 guild vs guildless was the same.

Though I have to admit, on that side the 1400 matches isn’t as big of a data set as before since for about half the week I was cruising at 500-700 points per hour due to watching all seasons of Z Nation as I played. The people ahead of me were ahead enough that I couldn’t catch up, and the person behind me couldn’t keep up. So it was pointless to go 100%. It wasn’t until like 8h before reset that someone told me people would be trying to beat my score the next week that I actually stepped it back up and played at 100%.

1 Like

Agree. Low priority but perhaps @Sirrian can check again :slight_smile:

so i checked what points im offered with for 3trophy fights (and 2 trophy fights in case if 60+ for 3trohpy):
the fights were done straight one after another

55, 66(and 41), 46, 38, 42, 61(and 38), 66(and 36), 55, 42, 48, 42, 66(and 33), 48, 38

[details=Some screen shots]

[/details]

So two 66 and two 38.

Just shows you how highly improbable (if not impossible) my original situation was…

1 Like

I have never seen any PvP above 53… and that is very rare for me… :frowning:
Most of my 3 trophy battles sit between 31 and 48, which is ANOTHER reason why I would never even try to top the leaderboard… lol
We all agree that the PvP leaderboard reward TIME spent, but that’s not even true anymore in light of this, because I would literally have to play 2 matches to every 1 of @Annaerith, so double the time but NOT double the points, ergo NOT double the rewards… :cry:

2 Likes

Exactly. I posted my thoughts about it earlier in this thread…

PVP ultimately comes down to one thing - time spent. By him having 40% more PVP points than me, it implies that he’s either spent 40% more time playing than me (which is not true given we have the same number of matches) or it suggests that his playing time is 40% more valuable than mine, which given the state of the current AI is just silly.

2 Likes

So Im sure that this is far too simple a solution and has all sorts of pit falls that I am failing to see, BUT

Why didn’t they just use a static score for PVP battles?

1 trophy- 15 points
2 trophy- 30 points
3 trophy- 45 points

The battles are already supposed to be scaled off of your ability so relatively speaking lower level players will be playing for a similar length fighting lower level opponents as the high level guys fighting their high level opponents…

This way the time spent is equitably rewarded to ALL levels of player…

I’m sure I’m missing something, but I’ll be damned if I don’t know what it could be… :thinking:

7 Likes

If they cap 3-trophies at 45 points, it would make it that much harder to break the record which was set with an average of 55 points per match.