This is why people are worried about GW. Can anyone explain?

The easy solution to that is just to reset the leaderboards.

Besides that record is absolutely meaningless.

4 Likes

As far as I know, there is no recording of the record to reset. It’s just those of us who like to compete for the leaderboard remember it. In theory, the entirety of the leaderboard is meaningless since, unlike the guild rankings, everything about it is deleted weekly. If there are static offerings, I say make them 20, 40, and 60.

If anyone really cares about breaking the record, they would do it regardless. And with a static 45 points they would know exactly how many fights they need.

Also lossing on invade could scale like 15 - 10 - 5 points lose for 1 - 2 - 3 trophies matches.

Winning a defense battle can award what opponent lost, and lossing a defense battle would reduce 5 points.

3 Likes

I’d go ahead and strip gold, gem, glory, and soul rewards for defense win and loss too, leaving just the points. That way it doesn’t make much difference when someone finds yet another way to get 1000 defends vs 200 on others.

3 Likes

Biggest benefit would be to never again see that constant stat msg every damn time you go to pvp.
It takes about 3 seconds, multiple it by thousands of times youve seen in and yeah. .
Just checked and its longer then 5 sec -.-

3 Likes

Thank you for the SS, i might be really unlucky the biggest points i can get is 54 and it happen very rarely. But i still think keeping average of 60+ after 500-1000 fights is very suspicious

It’s not luck. Anna is saying that she deliberately kept herself from levelling her kingdoms up to 10 so that she gets more PVP points. But even for her, she is only averaging 51 points in that 14 battles, so for someone to average over 60 looks like it can’t be explained by what we know.

My boost from switching guilds looks to have been temporary, but it is still a pretty small sample.

3 Likes

I still wonder why the devs doesn’t demystify what the hell is happening with these pvp points

1 Like

By the same token, I wanted to see how much difference a 1-troop defense made versus 4 troops fully-traited and leveled.

The answer is not much. My average right now is in the mid-40’s with 4 troops over the last two days. I went exclusively to a 1-troop defense towards the end of last week and it was about 4-5 points lower overall.

So that differential still can’t be explained.

1 Like

yes

no, not at all. i do it for different reasons. i dont compete in pvp leaderboards so pvp points are useless to me :wink:
i did check the points to see what is the difference and help with the conversation

2 Likes

Sorry, shouldn’t have mentioned your motivation since I really didn’t know. I was just surprised that we were able to find someone that fit the profile that we needed. Thanks for jumping in on this!

1 Like

Guild Wars is taking up a lot of time right now. Maybe after 3.0 releases, they’ll have more time to follow up on bug fixes and code weirdness.

Sirrian actually said that

He wanted to address some of the code weirdness before 3.0 but they just didn’t have time.

1 Like

A lot of the code weirdness is intrinsic to the language/platform used, and can’t easily be fixed… so trivial-sounding fixes need a lot of investment… I think the plan is to move the whole lot onto a better language/platform, which sounds like a lot of work…

Don’t ask me more, I am not a computer technical person… I just think it involves these:

6 Likes

@htismaqe & @Rickygervais

I have a new theory about how we could see the results we are seeing.

I’ve now done about 40 PVP’s since changing guilds and I am still getting 66 point matchups (and others over 60) and I’m beginning to think that I won’t get a downward change in the upper range (I’m pretty sure if it was going to happen, 3 days and 40 battles should be enough to flush through my old matchups). In fact, I’m getting so many 66 point matchups (roughly 25-35% of my offers) that I think if I was willing to burn some gems, I could probably do nothing but 60+ matchups. Assuming that the offers that I get stay consistent, if I were going to do 300 PVP battles in a week, it would probably only cost me about 500 to 1000 to make every match a 60+ point affair.

Bottom line: I think a high level player in a guild that doesn’t complete tasks, that is willing to spend a significant amount of gems, could generate the kind of results that you two are seeing without any code-weirdness or shenanigans.

That’s just silly then. Basically the difference between 45 points a match and 65 points a match is guild bonuses, which in the grand scheme of things have almost no influence on the outcome of a match.

That falls firmly then into “it suggests that his playing time is 40% more valuable than mine” simply because he doesn’t have all the attribute bonuses I have. There’s no way his matches are 40% on average longer than mine.

@Sirrian / @Nimhain / @Saltypatra

Making sure this gets seen.

4 Likes

I said on Sunday that I didn’t really notice the loss of my guild bonuses, but I am revising that now. Matches are harder for me now. I thought I would start getting a slightly easier upper-range, but that isn’t happening. The differences that I really notice are that Gard and Rowanne have less starting armor and Amira isn’t a guaranteed one-shot against Mab anymore. It may not slow things down 40% for me, but it does slow them down.

The other thing is, if they are willing to spend the game’s premium currency to be able to cherry-pick the highest-rated opponents, their matches should be worth something more than if they were taking a random assortment of opponents. Again, a 40% spread on PVP points (66 vs 40) doesn’t make sense against a 5-10% (500 or 1000) point difference in team score, so I agree with you there.

Anyway, just passing along my observations and a viable explanation for what we’re seeing.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree on the gem thing. I kind of overlooked that.

1 Like

So who is crazy enough to spend 500-1000 gems when first place only reward 50 gems?

If I had to guess… @lyya!!!

Based on what I can tell from forums, and I may be paraphrasing a bit here… she is a dragon made of gems!!! :astonished: