This is why people are worried about GW. Can anyone explain?

I have 932 trophies which means I’ve been doing mostly hard battles. He/she is roughly the same level so how do they have 5000 more PVP points than me?

This kind of mathematical hocus pocus is why people are concerned about GW. This person is ranked 96th and I’m ranked ELEVEN THOUSAND slots lower despite doing just as much work.

12 Likes

just a wild guess.

1. the guy is using full team fully traited level 20s as defense so he get high rating opponent most of the time.
  2. he is using lower rating team to fight. either low level or not fully.
  3. he hasn’t 5 star all kingdom yet, so he has lower team rating.
  4. his guild didn’t finish guild task which bringing him to lower team rating.

I’m more surprised that you’re in Hoguns. ENEMY!

Shun, shun the non-believer.

3 Likes

@Rickygervais pointed out a very similar issue that is happening on XBox earlier today. We can’t make sense of it either…

3 Likes

quickly snoops the leaderboard to see who it is :smirk:

17,827 / 322 is about 55 points per match. Winrate is 96% … seems perfectly doable though on the more skillful end of the spectrum.

1 Like

I see you’ve lost a lot of defensive battles, are you running 1-troop defense?

He is level 1080. Are you really thinking his kingdoms arent at 7*?

1 Like

Exactly. I switch back and forth between 1 troop defense (~5500) and full team (~9600). My hard matches range from about 30 points to about 50 points. So I could see where he would be ahead of me by a few hundred points if he’s not changing defense teams.

However a difference like this, over 300 matches, would require not only all of his matches to have max value but also all of mine to have minimum value. Since I know the latter is not true, in my mind we have a problem.

4 Likes

Yet another reason why I don’t even bother looking at the PvP leaderboards anymore. Discrepancies like this, and old guildmates that have left and are killin’ it for another guild.

2 Likes

We were just talking about this day on our Discord server earlier today. I knew you were going to be disappointed. I’m sorry. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s not so much that I’m envious. It’s that there’s something mathematically wrong. I hadn’t been quite this active in a few weeks and wanted to see how far outside the top 100 I was. Imagine my surprise when I saw this.

People want the competition of Guild Wars and I get that. But the integrity of the competition depends on the underlying numbers being real and accurate. Why is this important? Because victory in GW isn’t about wins and losses, it’s also about calculated points.

6 Likes

Oh I agree; no envy required to look at those numbers and be puzzled.

The PvP leaderboard puts everything currently broken on display. 1200 defense wins, account sharing, indefensible points accounting, guild desertion. Maybe not all at once in a given week, but it’s all there to see.

3 Likes

MuHAHAHaHahaha! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

it just a possibility. i didn’t star up kingdoms to 5 until i was level 1000 except for magic.

It is a sad thing indeed to see someone waste such potential.

All jokes aside i’m glad you found a new home. Especially one as worthy as Ho…Hogu…Hoguns. Whew took a minute. :wink:

My only thoughts now are…game on.

5 Likes

Now, this is really weird. Even considering…[quote=“htismaqe, post:8, topic:21747”]
I switch back and forth between 1 troop defense (~5500) and full team (~9600). My hard matches range from about 30 points to about 50 points. So I could see where he would be ahead of me by a few hundred points if he’s not changing defense teams.
[/quote]
… it feels quite improbable that the discrepancy would be so huge.

Comparing an example of the highest score battle i can find right now and the highest number of points i can lose on defense as seen in this the picture:

Unless your score loss, and only yours, is multiplied by an X number of times there is little sense to make out of it aside from being suspicious…

@Sirrian is there anything that could be said to ease our doubts? I can understand that you might not want to provide details about it, (or maybe even explain this case in particular on PVP right now as it might need to be checked), but if the GW’s system mimics PVP in code structure this sort of discrepancy might become a really nasty issue…

7 Likes

1 Like

74?! Holy smokes!

1 Like

Lol also saw 161

+74 after your previous post, Now I know you are cheating. :wink: