PVP Points seem to be very unbalanced

I don’t agree with this though, if you are new player i don’t expect to see you in the top 10 anyway cause you got less bonus and troops so you will need to practice and climb the ladder by the time you invest. So you will need to do some 1 or 2 trophy match then, when you ready you go for 3. It’s just a nornal process, when you start any game, you don’t start with full stats, you need to keep playing to raise them.

The fact that its possible to average 60 pts per battle without cheating is good to know. What is not acceptable is that people with guild bonus are penalized and never see matches higher than 51 pts. Punished for beeing a good guild. Also the actual number one in pvp ranking this week never invaded me this week…I wonder who are his opponents that give him 60+ pts…

You just cant make 800 fights only 3 troph and see you are 7000 pts behind another guy lvl 1000+ with 800 fights too… For the 1000 time I will repeat it: This fight system is broken and remove motivation for trying PvP 1st rank. It must be corrected!

I objected to this scoring system when it first appeared, and got a lot of (often personal) criticism for raising this view: why have any scoring criteria that penalise players for having worked harder and longer to get stronger?

This weirdness we see now is a consequence of that same malaise. I asked for fixed points when pvp leaderboards first came out :frowning:

2 Likes

It makes some sense to me that points should be adjusted somewhat for difficulty. In my case, when I join a more casual guild and lose 5% of my stats due to losing the guild bonuses, I think it makes sense that I should get a comparable increase in my points and gold. I just don’t see how it’s fair that I get a 20% (or more) boost in my PVP points and gold for a relatively small increase in difficulty.

A good review and rebalancing of the scoring system (and matchmaking) is long overdue.

1 Like

Bumping this since we never had clear explanation about it

1-what is the real maximum pvp points for 1 fight?
2-what affect the caculation of pvp points

@Nimhain @Saltypatra @Alpheon

1 Like

Lol, I’m in no guild ATM and thought I would check out PvP. 1800-2100 gold for medium and hard battle. Lol, I’m getting 5.5k+ every fight and 60+points.

Now b4 I stopped playing and was in sbg I never saw more then 1400g and 48 points.

2 Likes

I played a bit this morning and found that my PVP offers are not as high as they were when I did my test run 9 days ago. Last week, my casual guild, which had been saving their gold for months so that they could all get the “team synergy” trophy, completed all the tasks on Monday, though all but the magic bonuses had expired by the time I logged in this morning. I may still be getting some benefit from guild bonus carry-over this week, but the highest I saw today was 63 points and only a few were 60+. I think I’ll need to let things settle-in now that our bonuses have expired before I really know what it will look like long-term.

2 Likes

Lol my average today really suck 42 points i am fighting lot of 30 in the 3 trophy this is ridiculous

3 Likes

1st.: The scoring is not quite right and needs work. Period. I agree it must be reevaluated.

But I find this perspective interesting…

Many posters believe that they should get more points for difficult battles (3 Trophy vs 1 Trophy battles). But when other players battle EVEN MORE difficult opponents than they are at 3T there is a backlash that the are getting too much. Why are they more difficult battles = because they are in a LOW level guild with Low Mana Surge bonus, low magic bonus, low armor bonus, low health bonus, low attack bonus…

It not that players in the top Guilds are “penalized”, its the others are rewarded for more DIFFICULT battles without getting all the buffs.

Most likely too much of a point bonus… but the Developers said they are going to look at it. I’m sure they will. For the time being If you really want to be #1. Everyone already knows how: Leave a top guild, play 3T battles, play a lot.

What does it matter how they point system currently works? its getting redone. Save all this energy and to analyze the new system.

So basically what you saying is if someone at your job do lot of overtime, he doesn’t deserve a better pay then you

1 Like

Not really…? But if you like that overtime analogy someone that works overtime and cleans the floor (easy job) doesn’t always make as much as some that works overtime to designs buildings not to have structural problems in an earthquake (harder job).

Not being in a Guild makes Gems harder.

1 Like

But now we talking about the same job :slight_smile:

Low stat doesn’t always mean harder, if you take bone dragon for exemple. Big stats attack low stats = no extra turn

Low stats attack big stats= extra turn and maybe 1-2 troop killed

This is still a huge issue. How is someone within 3 ranks of me with 22 less wins 20,000 skulls ahead of the pack. Even if you take my 100 more losses, multiply that by 7 (avg pt loss per match) you are nowhere close. If I had won those matches I would have an additional 5,184 at 48 pts per match which is what I avg. Giving me a PVP of 70,6047. So I’d still have 14,000 less pts but I’d have around 120 more wins with the same number of losses.

Right now in the top 4 the top player is avg. 68 pts per win when you account for losses and player 4 is averaging 57. I’m averaging 48 and my guild mate in 3rd is averaging 47.

I am wondering if there is some kind of guild handicap? Something is off. We are number 2 guild and the 2 players in the top 100 PVP that are from the number 1 guild are averaging 49 & 47 skulls per match. But lower guild are getting way more pts per match.

We are all playing 3 trophy matches. I thought maybe it was the attack score so I logged into my husband who is a much lower level and his 3 trophy matches averaged 50 skulls and he has nothing traited or leveled. Not a single kingdom is leveled.

I would love to know the exact algorithm that calculates the scoring.

Also, top player is usually in top 10 and very active but has very few PVP defense wins and losses. Based on GOW Dev explanation of how matches occur, one would expect to see more battles but notice that is not true for spot 1 or 4 but is for me and my guild mate.

Anyone have any info on scoring calculation?

Why bother playing when I can win more matches and never have a chance at 1st.

2 Likes

The whole pvp system is a joke, it will reward the new guys with lower stats and and lower guild. So basicly if you been a loyal player, you will need to win 2x more then the new guys to get the same result

And the rewards are a real joke, it doesn’t worth the time spend to try to get first

3 Likes

Hi,
A few of us have done some research on this and there is definitely a significant guild handicap. I’m on mobile right now, but I’ll try to find the exact posts and link them a little later.

The short answer is that a guild that finishes all 6 statues gets significantly less PVP points. When I moved from Guild of Gra to a casual guild a few months ago, my average per battle went way up and I was easily able to maintain an average score of over 60. The logic behind this is that I lost all the guild Stat bonuses, but I can’t say whether the calculation is fair or not.

I’ll try to find my exact results later and will link here if I can find them.

A lengthy thread discussing this issue here:

The results of my own experiment as a high level player with no guild bonuses:

We were told the game was longer for them but now with the 4x speed it’s not true anymore and if they use justice league team. The guild bonus doesn’t matter since they only need 2-3 justice loop and they can kill anything

1 Like

This frustrates me to no end. So my +3 shield bonus and +4 life St the
levels we are all at is some how supposed to give me such an advantage that
it takes me a thousand additional wins to keep up with someone in a lower
guild?

That makes zero sense. Maybe below a certain level but at the top levels a
few extra points on a shield or life doesn’t change the game. They should
take them away then and make PVP truly player vs. player.

If there is any advantage to guilds who don’t complete statues built into
the algorithm then the whole system is crap. First, what is the point of
working hard, putting in tons of game play time and spending money just to
get in a good guild if you are just penalized for it.

Second, the incentive to play the game to earn the gold to complete the
statues for the guild is a BONUS. If everyone who doesn’t spend the time or
gold gets a better bonus in the form of a handicap in PVP, then I’m not
only not getting a bonus I’m getting punished for being more active.

A 20,000 point gap for less wins is obviously screwed up programming.
Essentially what it means is that if at any time any member of a lower
guild decides to make a run for first in PVP, none of us should bother
playing. PVP is only really for members of lower guild to compete against
each other.

It is supposed to be player v player but it is actually more like guild
wars then. They should implement a flat scoring system for wins and losses
and either decide that when they call something a bonus they mean it is a
bonus so there is incentive to do it and if not, take it away completely.

Rant over. Lol

I think it has been mentioned much earlier in another thread, and I believe the idea would solve a lot of issues.

Instead of set places - the rewards could be for percentages.
… So instead of blind pursuit of tens of thousands of points to be in the top 1000 places - you would need statistically much less to be in the top 30%

Numbers are made up. But the rewards could work like that.

1 Like

That was quite a good rant!

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying. I think there should be some kind of adjustment to account for respective player strength, but the difference as it is, is too much. I think the devs have said they want to reexamine PVP scoring at some point, but I don’t know when it will ever get to the top of the list.

1 Like

Salty mentioned after 3.1 they suppose to check this

2 Likes