There's something needs to be changed in Guild Wars brackets

I’m speaking from the point of view of somebody who has been both in B1 since the start and in a starting guild created from 0. But it’s my very personal opinion, and as every opinion you can agree or not

Of what you believe others “maybe” thinking.
Basically most of the defenses we see in bracket 1 are cookie cutter. So I don’t understand why any current bracket 1 guild player would be “scared” to see a newer guild there. If anything we’d welcome it because the players probably don’t have all the weapons, troops and classes maxed that are required for success in bracket 1.
Since your “opinion” came briefly after my opinion that a new point system wouldn’t work. I guess I assumed your opinion was inspired by my statement that you had just read minutes prior. And whether it was passively aggressively intended for me or not. Either way it doesn’t make any sense to me. But just my opinion I guess. No worries. :grinning:

As a member of a guild that has made the climb to b6, I can attest to the frustration accompanied by month after month of fighting dead guilds.

I am not in favor of punishing the guilds that have earned their place at the top. To me, it is as simple as this: There is a system already in place for advancing in Rank for Bracket winners. Use the same method in reverse for the losers.

The guilds that field 3 players will soon disappear from competition.

1 Like

No :joy:.

:man_shrugging:

And sorry, my post has been unflagged :wink:

All the rewards go to 10 guilds, the majority of guilds only get 10 gems.

It’s not even the 10 best guilds getting the rewards, its the 10 best guilds that have been active for 2+ years. The only guild in the top 10 that actually belongs there is Na Rasslabone. Other guilds outscore them monthly but don’t get rewards because “brackets”.

Rewards should be based on whether you beat your opponent, and your total score, not this ridiculous bracket system.

2 Likes

Unless every player in every guild faces the exact same opponents the logic that you use is inherently flawed. I completely agree that the brackets are flawed but it’s just impossible to put every single guild that participates in GW in the same pool and then let them fight a random series of guilds, 'cause then the top rewards would just go to whichever of the strong guilds gets the easiest opponents.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Lol my post gets flagged but you can call people a douchebag and that’s ok?

@Saltypatra since I cant flag people who call others a douchebag I will just tag you to get your attention.

Reading really shouldn’t be this difficult…

Oh I see. @Saltypatra used the word as a generalization so that makes it ok to use it against someone? I dont see the connection.

Currently, the way to climb brackets, is to win by a lot of points. This will jump you multiple brackets, depending on where your original bracket is. Example I believe is ~Bracket 10, winning by ~200k more than 2nd place will jump you 3 brackets. But at like Bracket 100, it could jump you 10.

The issue that is ignored in OP with the screenshots, is people can play their fights at any time. You may have a higher score now, but they may have higher at end of the week. Also by being in bracket 3 over 110, they have harder opponents on an average basis.

For all those wanting brackets to be changed up more, so that more people can get to Bracket 1 easier, the reason it was originally made the way it is, is climbing will eventually get to a point where they cant climb anymore, and they will stay there. This is designed to be a gradual climb so as not to overwhelm the player. BD for instance, doesnt like to generally take people who have not been in B1 before, not out of an elitest mood set, but because doing so and going from top in Bracket 10 for example, to coming to B1, where almost everyone is on their game, their scores can go from 57k down to 45k in a week. It is demoralising and a sure fire way to have them lose their drive to play.

The way to climb brackets as it stands, cant be changed much if at all without an entire system overhaul, which due to GW being the oldest guild based event, it needs badly just considering the bugs in it.

The empty or non full guilds though, will never be able to compete with others at the top end of GW, they just cant get the points total, no matter how skilled that family of 5 playing is.

Having a min amount of say, 6 people, 20% of a total guild, to register for GW makes sense, but then it cuts some gems off of those in smaller guilds as well. Devs wont go for it because it excludes players and can then make it more unfair. The same reason that buy ins wont work.

A better way, IMO, would be to have it set up so that if you have say, 20 people in a guild, you automatically drop brackets even if you win your bracket, a few at a time, same as climbing, even if you came in 1 of the spots that doesnt drop, until you get to a point where you are only fighting guilds that have the same amount of players as you. If you have 6, you drop faster than others until you are closer to where you should be as well.

This way, if you have 30 players, you can move a lot faster, as you already have a full roster, and while yes it takes time, it is designed to take time. The current issue is just how much time it takes to move up.

If an event is gonna run at concurrent time as GW, Id like it to be an easy 1 that takes little time. If thats the plan, I would like to see GW move to every 2 weeks though, especially since we will eventually move to 3 lots of World events and 1 GW in a 4 week rotation.

3 Likes

You know how in the NFL you get more credit for beating the Patriots than the Browns? And whoever wins the Superbowl only plays against the best teams next season?

No? It doesn’t work that way?

In Pro sports, every team plays a random assortment of other teams. Some have “easier” schedules, but either way, whichever team has the most wins at the end of the season is their division champion. It’s not a perfect system, but its far superior to the trainwreck we have now.

What we have now is a playoff season that never ends. A new guild could defeat 72 guilds in a row and still never have even a chance of playing against the “best” guild. All bracket 1 has to do is win trade with eachother and they will never have to play against anyone else.

But of course, this doesnt actually happen.

-____-

It was not ignored, you are trying to cling to some imaginary flaws. I know that GW can be played anytime, but the score is not counted for a win if guild scores it not in the day of the actual war.

Did you actually read the posts? The major thing is not to climb brackets faster, it’s about having the competition with GW instead of beating dead guilds.

Wrong. I agree to have the lower limit of players to enter the GW, but dropping brackets just by the number players is totally incorrect as when my guild included only 18 members we were still beating fully-packed guilds like a charm.

Not an indicator to have 30 players. Let’s check stats:

By Day 3 of GW:

Whereas CRG has 30 members:

sweetpea has 30 as well:

So the number of players has no effect on that.

And, as you can also see the score is increasing day by day in almost the same amount per battle.

Scores fully count outside of the day they are played on.

You may not get the day win, but the day win is an XP boost and some seals. Its not something that top guilds really give any cares about, because we would rather them have the time to do a fight properly and win, rather than rush and get a day win.

I read every comment on the post actually. There were a lot of complaints about how long it takes to climb to B1, and how to remove the dead guilds. Removing the dead guilds, or the extremely low guilds, from being higher in the ranks, would speed up the climbing of the brackets, which would give more competition to the higher end of the brackets.

Having non full guilds drop is purely to stop the build up of semi full guilds, which slows the climbing of the brackets. Maybe have it so that unless you win the bracket, you fall. You semi full guild beating a full guild doesnt automatically mean your guild is amazeballs, it could just mean that that full guild didnt care about GW, and had people skip it. The guild just registered cause free gems, which is why a lot of lower guilds register.

Lower brackets, like where you are at now at 111, is of course going to have full guilds who dont care in the slightest about doing GW, thats why they are that low. With how much you are winning the bracket atm, I would love you to follow this up in a month during next GW with what bracket you have jumped up to.

The issue at the end of the day, is that no matter what choice the devs take to speed up the climb, drop inactive/dead/non full guilds and increase the competition for those that want to actually do GW seriously, or semi seriously at least, it is going to have adverse effects on some other guilds that arent at the level they want to be, like you said with your 18 members. I have nothing against you or your guild or your ideas, I was simply giving my opinion on how to increase GW participation, drop deadish guilds down more, and make the competition more spread out and fun for all, from the view point of a B1 player, and someone who has worked with lower guilds and lower guild players.

3 Likes

This is really the important part right here. They just need to expand upon and tweak this mechanism and the problem will be solved, seemingly with minimal effort. The basic gist is that progress moving up should be faster near the bottom of the rankings, but remain slow near the top of the rankings (like it is now). If they made the maximum bracket jump be a reasonable percentage of the bracket number the guild was in it would accomplish that.

For example, say the maximum was 20% of bracket number (minimum of 1 obviously)…

In bracket 111 a dominating win would allow the guild to move up 22 brackets.

However in bracket 10 a dominating win would still only allow the guild move you up 2 brackets, and once in the top 5 would be one bracket at a time. That keeps it from being too volatile at the top.

The actual percentage could be tweaked as necessary, or even be tiered to be higher in the low end of the ranks. Like 40% bracket 50 and higher, 20% inside the top 50. That would be my suggestion. Let strong guilds progress quickly at first and then slow it down as they get closer to the top.

1 Like

Games like this need seasons, where every 3 or 6 months, everyone is reset back to the middle. Winning or losing not mattering is obviously problematic. The 2+ year old guilds who have a monopoly on the rewards are going to fight tooth and nail to keep it the way it is, as it is a huge advantage for recruiting the best players.

1 Like

I keep seeing posts of how many people hate guild wars.

How about if you dont like gw than just stop playing it. Get out of guilds that participate and lesson the stress in your life.

We can now have a quick path to bracket 1 and stop all the whining in 1 go.

2 Likes

Because for most of us, it is not optional… did you forget this? Just wait until bracket 1 is all Na Rasslabone guilds and they start using common troops for their defense teams to max out their points. Then we’ll see who complains.

You do have a choice of what guild you are in and or how much time, if any you want to devote to gw.