Why do dead guilds get registered for Guild Wars?

There was also no talk of how guilds would advance or be relegated before the system was released. Limiting it to a maximum of 2 brackets up or down was extremely short-sighted in retrospect.

I really like the idea that someone proposed a while back that the top 20 brackets or so work as they do now, but below that, every guild is ranked weekly by total score, with the top few guilds entering bracket 20 and then being able to climb from there. That would allow any new guild full of strong players to potentially get onto the ladder at a reasonable point and climb from there (even at once every 3 weeks, that would be as little as 8 months to reach bracket 1 for a guild of All-stars). Everyone outside of bracket 20 gets the same rewards anyway, so why force guilds who clearly outclass the rabble to slog through 250 brackets of dead guilds. It’s crazy.

5 Likes

In a full-out war every week we could have our scores reset, but obviously none of the top guilds would agree to such change.

In another F2P game i played by 2006 (i think) we had something like this. It was fun and intense, and on PVP we would face strong opposition of our own guildmates because there was only one spot the winner team of three players. And the individual PVP worked the same, but due the timezones and reset time for the week it was mostly a competition of who would stay up or wake up
in time to win a battle in the last 7~10 seconds before dawn… :joy:

The beauty of this system is that none of the top guilds would need to worry about anything changing. It would only be from brackets 21 to infinity where things would be fully reset based on the prior GW’s scores, and everyone in bracket 21 to infinity gets the same rewards, so no advantage gained or lost, except the good guilds get out of the scramble and onto the ladder in one or two cycles.

Despite AWR being in Bracket 2 ATM.
I know the struggle of Brackets for new guilds all too well. GNR has finished 1st in every GW Week except for 2-3 weeks they finished second. This is them as of right now and the guild was created July 2017. The first place guild in the bracket ahead of them has 98,051 points currently. (PC/mobile)

To answer your question, “Dead” or inactive guilds cannot automatically register for Guild Wars.

I’ll get back to you on that.

7 Likes

It seems to me the real problem is the Brackets numbering to infinity. Meaning any new good guild no matter how hard they try will take practically forever to get to Bracket 1 especially with GW only every 3 weeks now.

Maybe we need a new Bracket system that only goes to Bracket 100 and all other Brackets after that are called “Bracket 101”. Seeing as how all rewards are the same after this point infinite brackets don’t serve any purpose other than to prolong the climb for new guilds.

The top scoring guilds from “Bracket 101” move up like normal and the lowest guilds in Bracket 100 move down like normal.So new good guilds can at least start their GW journey from a point where the end is in sight.

Just a thought I had.

10 Likes

Seems dead guilds DON’T register for guild wars… cyrup was so nice to PM me

Thanks for looking in to it.

If they don’t register than why are they taking up bracket slots? Shouldn’t they have automatically dropped? Or is it intentional that say the top guild stops entirely for 6 months… they only fall a handful of brackets?

I think it depends on what Cyrup means by “dead” guild. If they still have members who occasionally play pvp or explore but get 0 total score in GW are they a “dead” guild?

2 Likes

If they aren’t doing GW than why be taking up a bracket slot… does it matter If they explore all day every day?

For every ten guilds created…a GW bracket is made.
For every 10 guilds that quit the game…a GW bracket is not taken away.

I think that’s a superb idea. And I do not use that term lightly.

3 Likes

@Cyrup I’m confused so please will you clarify? When you say “dead” guilds don’t get automatically registered does that mean that “alive” guilds do? Or do you mean that no guilds get automatically registered?

4 Likes

Clearly means s/he doesn’t actually know. As they said they’ll be looking into it above.

Read @Cyrup’s reply again please.

Yup so than explain why there are two threads of guilds fighting numerous dead guilds… suppose they just had no one click to join and then of course failed to do any fights…

I have no explanation which is why I am asking a developer instead of badgering people who are just asking a question. Please if you have nothing helpful to add, consider not adding anything. Thank you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hey Doc! Sorry, typed that just before lunch :roll_eyes: A guild has to manually register for Guild Wars to be involved in the War for that week. So, no guilds get automatically registered.

It’s against the community guidelines to falsely claim what a developer has said to you. I didn’t directly mention anything to do with “dead guilds” in your PM, other than to quote the topic of the thread.

9 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up for me @Cyrup

2 Likes

@Ashasekayi We’re discussing some solutions for some potential improvements in the future :slight_smile:

6 Likes