Why do dead guilds get registered for Guild Wars?

To answer your question, “Dead” or inactive guilds cannot automatically register for Guild Wars.

I’ll get back to you on that.

7 Likes

It seems to me the real problem is the Brackets numbering to infinity. Meaning any new good guild no matter how hard they try will take practically forever to get to Bracket 1 especially with GW only every 3 weeks now.

Maybe we need a new Bracket system that only goes to Bracket 100 and all other Brackets after that are called “Bracket 101”. Seeing as how all rewards are the same after this point infinite brackets don’t serve any purpose other than to prolong the climb for new guilds.

The top scoring guilds from “Bracket 101” move up like normal and the lowest guilds in Bracket 100 move down like normal.So new good guilds can at least start their GW journey from a point where the end is in sight.

Just a thought I had.

10 Likes

Seems dead guilds DON’T register for guild wars… cyrup was so nice to PM me

Thanks for looking in to it.

If they don’t register than why are they taking up bracket slots? Shouldn’t they have automatically dropped? Or is it intentional that say the top guild stops entirely for 6 months… they only fall a handful of brackets?

I think it depends on what Cyrup means by “dead” guild. If they still have members who occasionally play pvp or explore but get 0 total score in GW are they a “dead” guild?

2 Likes

If they aren’t doing GW than why be taking up a bracket slot… does it matter If they explore all day every day?

For every ten guilds created…a GW bracket is made.
For every 10 guilds that quit the game…a GW bracket is not taken away.

I think that’s a superb idea. And I do not use that term lightly.

3 Likes

@Cyrup I’m confused so please will you clarify? When you say “dead” guilds don’t get automatically registered does that mean that “alive” guilds do? Or do you mean that no guilds get automatically registered?

4 Likes

Clearly means s/he doesn’t actually know. As they said they’ll be looking into it above.

Read @Cyrup’s reply again please.

Yup so than explain why there are two threads of guilds fighting numerous dead guilds… suppose they just had no one click to join and then of course failed to do any fights…

I have no explanation which is why I am asking a developer instead of badgering people who are just asking a question. Please if you have nothing helpful to add, consider not adding anything. Thank you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hey Doc! Sorry, typed that just before lunch :roll_eyes: A guild has to manually register for Guild Wars to be involved in the War for that week. So, no guilds get automatically registered.

It’s against the community guidelines to falsely claim what a developer has said to you. I didn’t directly mention anything to do with “dead guilds” in your PM, other than to quote the topic of the thread.

9 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up for me @Cyrup

2 Likes

@Ashasekayi We’re discussing some solutions for some potential improvements in the future :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Even if players don’t play GW, they get the minimal rewards if their guild is registered.
And I guess they don’t play their fights as they have no chance to win.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m glad it’s on the radar. I’m starting to feel a little guilty steamrolling newbies. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Rising through the ranks has some interesting features. This was our week 11 and 12:

There was another guild who finished second after us with 10x less points than us who rose the same amount of brackets in between two guild war weeks. So we got nothing from our 10x higher score.

If there would be a “line” in bracket 100, that would mean 300 weeks of rising for a new guild to reach bracket 1. Do you think this game even exists in 5 years? A more reasonable would be to set the line to bracket 20. Maybe 30 on PC where the player base is bigger.

2 Likes

I thought winning took you up 2 brackets?