There's something needs to be changed in Guild Wars brackets

These numbers were ok when GWs was designed and when they were weekly events.
If your guild would start today, with your numbers, it would take you at least 2 years to get to top brackets.
At least, because now you could have more brackets to climb, given a possible higher number of guilds, counting dead and single-players ones.
Now, with GWs as monthly event, a re-design would be nice especially for promotion, as to what has been done for example with raids numbers.

If GWs now take place every four week, just multiply promotion jumps x4

About the brag: nice try :joy: (I’m joking, don’t get angry please)

1 Like

Your post said literally nothing that I didn’t already address in my own. Other than to try and discredit my attempt to point out a FACT and soften it by saying that I’m not trying to brag. You may be aware of my guild history and my knowledge on the matter. That doesn’t mean the the individual I was replying to would. :man_shrugging:

are you replying to me or to Slypenslyde?

I’m 99% sure that GW was legacy coded (made by folks no longer with the company). That’s why we don’t have nearly the same amount of bugs in any other guild mode that we do in GW. It was their first attempt to have a guild event and it very much shows that.
They seriously need to burn it down and rebuild the code before they can add any improvements to it. But that takes time and money and since this is the only event that doesn’t make them money…Well…I wouldn’t hold my breath on dramatic changes being done to it.

If it was him. It would show his image. Since I was replying to your post right above mine discourse trusts that people will know who I’m replying to. You should of also received an alert that says I replied to your comment.

oh, well. As you command, My Lord, I will not go on. I wasn’t trying to discredit you (when I do that, there is no doubt on what I’m doing, and many times I don’t need to do that with you). It’s your personal reading of my message.

Maybe some top guilds are scared that new ones can quickly climb to bracket1 and win them faster than any other?

1 Like

I am sure you are spot on here. The top dont want any real competition from anyone but their friends lol

I’m really sure that there are some bracket1 guilds that would be happy to have new opponents to fight. At the same time, I think that there are other guilds that would not be happy if some of their “records” will be broken by a new guild :wink:

2 Likes

Quite right. I was probably being over general in my statement. My apologies for that and I thank you for clarifying my statement.

Sadly many of the guild records in Guild Wars is held by guilds with cheaters in that is using trainers and keep destroying for the other guilds. And these are no records, as they actually do not count. Now you would wonder who held the Guild War records that have been fair without any of those rats in?

Also some time ago I saw a guy bragging around with a 30k trophy pile for a week. Dont they have more going on in their life than bragging after they have cheated. Everyone can see/smell it.

2 Likes

Feel free to correct me on my interpretation of your history. But didn’t you quit a bracket 1 guild because of Guild Wars?

Records are meant to be broken.
You started in a top 5 guild wars bracket. My guild and I worked our way up from the bottom to the top. Not by complaining publicly. Not by trying to make feature requests to have the whole system changed. Instead we just became good enough at guild wars to be in bracket 1. Not only do I hope that other guilds break all our records (if you’re implying I care). I wish another guild went from the bottom to bracket 1 besides my own to make it even more clear to others that it can be done.

P.S. - I received my one and only forums ban when they decided to change guild wars from weekly to every 3 weeks because I thought it was such a bad idea. Part of why it was a bad idea was because it was going to make it extremely difficult for other new guilds to do exactly what my guild did.
So again… Back on topic… The best thing the devs can do to make GW more fair to new guilds is to make it weekly again.

I’d prefer they accomplish the same thing by making it 4x easier to rise brackets, and have those who lose be punished 4x more.

I don’t know what the exact seeding is like, but if #10 were dropped to #14 as opposed to #11, and if a bottom guild could go up 48 spots instead of the (currently max?) 12 for an amazing performance, that’d go a long way toward making it less futile to try climbing from the middle/bottom

Really?

You think making the most stressful part of the game a weekly event instead of a monthly event is a good thing for the game?
This would increase the pressure to perform for people in guilds in high brackets resulting in more burn out from the game.
And it would increase the frustration for people in low bracket guilds that want to go to higher brackets because now they get a weekly reminder instead of a monthly reminder that they’re in low brackets, which would also result in more burn out from the game.

For some reason the majority of the posts you make don’t make a lot of sense to me. Don’t worry, this is probably my fault, you’ll surely make a lot of sense to others. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, my time there was done, I had enough of GWs having been there for very long, but what does it has to do with this topic?

Here nobody is denying what you did, me for first, I don’t care what I did in my history, let’s figure how much I should care about what others did. Comparing GWs turns is not right, imho. We are saying that for a new guild, two years to get where you and others got in less than one year is too much. If we take the 30 best GWs players from the top5 bracket1 guilds, put them in a completly new guild and let them fight their way to bracket1 (then a better starting roster than what you have when you started), it would take more than what’s a “human” time.

2 Likes

Considering the context of the OP. Yes the only way to advance faster is to have Guild Wars be more frequent.
If the thing about my posts is actually true. Then that’s unfortunate. But evidently you aren’t my target audience then. I’m not sure why I would worry about your interpretation of my posts. But I guess thanks for the permission not to worry…

I’m 100% sure you care as much about my opinion and interpretations as I care about yours… :wink: But then again, who actually cares about what others post on internet forums about a game?

1 Like

i have tried to make several feature requests post on how to keep the spirit of the top competition the same yet move new guilds up faster. but this is a very hard hard problem. no matter what the devs do or dont do, people will not be happy. especially around GWs with that being something people have the strongest and most polarizing feelings about.

My best suggestions are, join a guild that is already higher in GWs, or take over a guild that is already up there.

2 Likes

If you’re going to speak for other guilds in bracket 1. You should make it clear that you chose not to be in 1 anymore.

I guess I’m the one confused then.
I said it’s possible for a new guild to make it to bracket 1 eventually.
I believe you’re saying it’s impossible.

But what preceded my point was the suggestion that new guilds should have more opportunities to make it to bracket 1 faster. I said if GW was more frequent then they would have more opportunities. My guild was able to do something with those opportunities. Most wouldn’t. It’s definitely more difficult now to start a guild from scratch, recruit every single original member without knowing anyone in the game previously, and make it to bracket 1 in 28 GW sessions. I don’t contest that… But it isn’t impossible.

To piggy back that point. If you have a guild that is basically dead and only a few players playing in the top 100 GW brackets with zero intent to be more active. Do everyone a favor and get out of the way of new active guilds by not registering for GW for one month.
I believe when you register the following month you’ll be put towards the bottom which would probably be a better fit for your guild. (I don’t know it as a fact though.) Maybe @Kafka can explain exactly what happens if a guild doesn’t register.

Also, originally only the top 2 ranks in a guild could register for GW. If that’s still not the case then it should be.

Instead of weekly GW, can I get an ice pick in the eye?

3 Likes