(Switch) GW compensation denied by the devs

Thank you. This decision made it easy for me to find greener pastures. My partner was contemplating purchasing the Death Knight armor but I convinced her not to and we will find a new game to play together. I know we are only two individuals, but customer service means a lot to me and I hope that the Devs will think twice next time they decide to mock their playerbase.

7 Likes

itā€™s just so disappointing that this is the decision reached. Preparation for GW takes a lot of effort and time. Preparation and execution during GW takes a lot of effort and time. Many in-game resources like gems/souls/traitstones are used to maximize chances of defense and wins. Not to mention those of us in guilds that maximize the sentinels. Every other mobile/networked game Iā€™ve played has taken the opposite stance, offering good ā€œrewardsā€ when they screw up whether minor or major. While the stance may be that we got our rewards at the end for standings, the double xp/etc. was not compensated.
This just continues the trend I see in the community where we give solid / reasonable feedback and are largely ignored. Please donā€™t ruin the game that Iā€™ve loved for a long time. Experiences like this make me want to find other Match-3ā€™s that take care of the people that pay the bills.

8 Likes

Oof, thatā€™s really how the devs are going to play it? Switch is a growing format. This is not how you grow the format. 200 seals is nothing. This is pretty short-sighted.

9 Likes

Very frustrating how this whole situation was handled and definitely echo many of the sentiments above. To get nothing is ridiculous especially since it didnā€™t even seem like a priority for the team in first place.

3 Likes

This. So much this.

Hereā€™s to hoping some of the most senior forum dwellers one day compile all the instances where the Devs/publisher have treated their playerbase in patronising/misleading/lying ways (in the past half year: Cedric medals release, Chaos portals drop rates, Epic Tasks, PvP Gold, New Guild Guardians in Gold chestsā€¦), so that every single player has the chance to see whatā€™s the pattern, and adjust their expectations (and commitment to the game) accordingly.
:crossed_fingers: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

This whole issue is such a stupid, stupid, issue to even upset 1 player, let alone, the entire switch playerbase who participate in GW.

Why would you die on your sword for this? All you had to do was throw out 100 gems or a couple hundred seals and everyone would have went ā€œmeh, ok, hope it doesnt happen againā€ and the issue would have died right then and there for the MAJORITY of people who are upset.

You made a mistake, acknowledge it, fix it, compensate for it. Youā€™re welcome.

6 Likes

Historically this has always been difficult for this gameā€™s dev team. Thatā€™s a big part of why we see the same bugs recur many times: if you donā€™t admit thereā€™s a problem, you donā€™t do anything to address it.

7 Likes

As much as I agree, itā€™s too late now - the damage is done. The silence is also deafening on this, not a single dev response since Kafkaā€™s ā€˜announcementā€™.
My switch guild has already changed hands, my PS4 guild is in the process & my son is taking over my mobile account (although heā€™s a bit wary now so it wouldnā€™t surprise me to see that one disappear without a trace too) - anything now wouldnā€™t matter one bit to me as my mind is made up & it would be a hollow victory for them to actually do something.
Iā€™m definitely not alone on the switch version in being appalled at the stance the devs are taking, there are a few Iā€™ve spoken to who are also leaving due to the treatment of switch players as a whole - there are also a lot of people on other formats that I speak to who have seen how this has unfolded & are also considering their time with this game.
Itā€™s a shame that disrespect for the community, laziness & greed may actually see long term players depart well before their ā€˜due dateā€™.

3 Likes

My optimistic guess is that the silence is because Infinity Plus Two has been bringing up this stuff with 505 Games (who, remember, control the purse strings for things like large-scale handouts). Due to time differences, itā€™s not an immediate thing. And of course, nobody at I+2 wants to comment publicly on the process because it either risks throwing 505 under the bus, or risks people reading too much into a comment.

I may well be wrong, but I want to believe that I+2 would gladly have awarded 200 seals to everyone if not for those mean bean-counters behind the curtain.

1 Like

Isnt that what always happen already from a while?

Anything bad happen about everything?

Itā€™s 505 fault.

IF any good come?

Itā€™s IP2 merit, that would also prezzie everyone Zully and some thousand gems IF wasnt that 505 dont allow them.

Tbh that trend is getting old and boring ā€œletā€™s blame the BaoBao (aka 505) that prolly dgaff about little matters like that so we can just skip all the work and hassle of repairing OUR mistakesā€.

Think that got the peak when i seen about 3 minutes of a old stream and looked like 505 also decide IF classes belong to this or that race/kingdom/whatever.

1 Like

My realistic guess it that the silence is because everybody is hiding under the table until the storm passes, pretending that the issue has been solved in the best possible manner. I mean, if they didnā€™t consider the topic closed and unworthy further communication, wouldnā€™t they throw in some info that they are still looking into handing out some fair compensation to calm down the lynch mob?

4 Likes

100% of the revenue generated by Gems of War goes to 505 Games. All (but maybe Sirrian) of I+2 is on an annual salary.
Games with live service have a lot more publisher involvement than normal video games.
So yeahā€¦80% of the decisions made (including compensation) is directed by 505 Games.
So to compare 505 games to a fairy tale is like saying the world is flat. Despite clear logic stating otherwiseā€¦ folks will choose to believe what they want toā€¦ because basicallyā€¦

tenor (47)

1 Like

Folks didnt played ONLY GoW on their life and seen how it work on other publishers and devs too.

And despite all the mountain of stuff we told them tbh ARC games and Perfect World/cryptic games was ā€œworkingā€ in a way more professional way just as 1 example, we had excuses and stuff from them when shit happened and wasnt always ā€œnothing happenedā€ or ā€œisnt our faultā€ (oh and at least permabans there was perma and not jokes).

And yes, we know they are overworked (when was last time they rushed to office in weekend/holidays for emergencies?).

And that are underpaid too (when a dude told them to go in USA where devs get paid 100k $ a year all he got was a ā€œROFL we get more thereā€).

But pls, keep fearing the Boogeyman and think 505 use half his staff for GoW cuzā€¦ check your own gif.

Ps: forgot to add sorry, seen you know so well how 505/IP2 connection works guess you also know 505 is just a subsidiary of a even bigger BaoBao called Digital Bros, so itā€™s crystalline clear that also 505 would happily give you the world BUT Digital Bros wont allow them to allow IP2 to do stuff.

2 Likes

I have a hard time believing that the publisher micromanages the developers to such an extent that they need to be consulted on decisions about minor compensation for bugs. Itā€™s not worth their time.

Consider: on all platforms except Switch, the weekly guild seal limit for the past month has been increased from 1500 to 2000. On Switch, weā€™re still getting 1500 seals a week. The number of seals they would need to send Switch players as compensation is less than the difference between one weekā€™s worth of seals on Switch vs any other platform ā€“ meaning we would still be getting fewer seals than the vast majority of the player base for that week.

Basically, thereā€™s no argument that this would impact the gameā€™s economy or be of concern to 505. What it does do is send a negative message. I think itā€™s really stingy to not just give us our rightfully earned seals, the way most games would when a bug like this occurs. If nothing else, it would help maintain a positive relationship between players and devs, without which people are just going to quit the game, as weā€™re seeing in this thread. And when prominent/active players quit, others are going to take notice and follow themā€¦ What most of us really want is a healthy, active, growing Switch player base, and this decision really doesnā€™t serve that.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, the devs are busy breaking their own ā€˜things in the bug report section that are unrelated to bug reports will be deletedā€™ especially when ā€œbeing snarky for the sake of itā€ ( [Fixed] Bounty Hunter Only Giving 1 Trophy, Despite 4.7 Patch Mentioning 2 Trophies - #7 by Kafka) rules which, as predicted, do not seem to apply to them (based on ongoing implementation, that rule only applies to things they donā€™t want to see/hear)

Self-explanatory
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Might as well bump the post while Iā€™m here. We still deserve answers, devs. We know we wonā€™t get any, but stil ā€¦

1 Like

well all we can do is accept the fact that life will just shit on you sometimes and we can either wash it off and go from where we left off or stand around and ask for things that will never happen the devā€™s gave their response and as much as is sucks i doubt thereā€™s anything we can do that will change their minds

They did. And it was another perfect example of how the devs have become alienated from the players the last months.
No need to be quiet and accept such behaviour. They want us to treat each other respectful? They should have a look in the mirror first.

4 Likes

Complaining about penniesā€¦
We lost an Xbox member over devs ripping off 1500 gems from him. Vip level 11 too. Quit and never came back .

Yes, the problem is totally about the 200 seals and not about the lately attitude and actions (or better lack of) when they screw up :3

2 Likes