(Switch) GW compensation denied by the devs

"Because everyone on Switch was affected equally and because unfortunately, we are unable to compensate XP bonuses, we’ve decided to compensate what we can. We will be sending out mail with 200 seals to everyone. "

Fixed it for you :slight_smile: Seems like a pretty cheap way to buy some good will. Surely that wouldn’t break the bank?

6 Likes

Congratulations, you probably just alienated a lot of players on Switch.
So it doesn’t matter if we won every day, if we lost Sunday then tough :poop: & here’s… ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for your troubles all week? Not even some guild seals which wouldn’t affect anything as we still don’t have 4.7 so no new guardians to shoot for?
Switch was the only thing keeping me playing as we all started on an even keel, now I (& everyone else) can truly see your utter contempt for every player base & the greed that’s driving the game, then where this game is going I think you’ve made my mind up, I run 2 guilds across 2 platforms & they’ll be changing ownership this week, I’m done.

3 Likes

Wait, what i heard was, since everyone got skrwd out of xp, that’s now fair, so we’re gonna let that stand.

Nah?

[Edited bc this still bothers me…Like, i was super exited to see how this was gonna end. Really, bc it went on for days without you. And the final answer is, well you all missed out so, no harm to all, good day move along sir]

2 Likes

I’m (currently) not letting rip to anywhere near the extent I want to, however once I’ve sorted stuff out & confirmed I’m leaving look out for a rant before it gets flagged as I will say everything I’m feeling :rofl:

4 Likes

Dont leave, but by all bloody means, say what needs to be said. You won your gw. Fought hard all week, earn class and hero xp. Got credit for 2 days. where’s that $290 gem value now?

[Here’s 50 event keys, here is 200 glory, here is bloody 1 class weapon free bc dam that sux and we didn’t mean it]

1 Like

Regrettably, since none of the latest comments follow this particular dev’s month-old policy (namely, saying truths she dislikes in the bug report section that she considers irrelevant to the bug report itself), all this valuable feedback is likely to be deleted as soon as she drops by. So no future players will be able to benefit from seeing how the playerbase felt.

When they remove comments that are part of the repository of the game’s evolution (and how it treats its customers), their stance vis-à-vis players and their willingness to improve is self-explanatory.
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

woah hold up, @Kafka and the rest of the development team are doing there best to help their customers with whatever the situation is, for whatever reason you have against the development for ignoring the exact point of the most ideal problems their probably dealing at the moment, so don’t brag about it.

They’re being bullied by the publishers. Ergo spineless. Simple.
And if they’re not then they’ve taken this decision to do absolutely nothing themselves, which is just as bad if not worse in terms of customer service.
Not that they give a crap anyway, not that I do either anymore as I’ve already notified my guilds I’m leaving.

1 Like

Wow. Cant even be bothered to provide “virtual” compensation??? Why would i be bothered to continually support this game? Thats rhetorical if you couldnt tell.

Honestly, its not even about getting some petty amount of seals or gems, its 100% about the attitude of the devs. Thats not how it works guys

5 Likes

“there best” (sp?) what exactly ?
They’re doing absolutely nothing at the moment, besides letting the situation rot, and that’s exactly what we’re reproaching them.
Also, what “most ideal problems their probably dealing at the moment” (sp?) are we ignoring exactly, please ?

“everybody’s been fucked the same, so there’s no reason to compensable anybody” is, hands down, the WORST approach to consumer service I can think of.
You DO realise the problem is that people have been fucked in the first place, right ? Right ?

I was gonna say I won’t post an angry tirade on the internet about this, but that’s what I’m already doing, so let’s say what I have to say anyway:

I have been a fan of the genre since I first discovered Puzzle Quest on my DS years ago.
When I saw this game on the Switch storefront, I asked around. My friends who played other version told me it was, and I quote, “a cash grab, grindy, repetitive and very time-consuming”. I went in anyway, knowing what to expect. I spent money on the game. (Not much, but I must admit I got my money’s worth for what I payed.)
Well since the launch last April, every patch has made the game worst in my eyes. More grindy, more repetitive, more time consuming.
Ever since the last patch I had doubts: was it worth keeping playing despite the hassle ?

Well this ? This is the proverbial straw. This is the answer. No, it’s not. Not when you’re treaded like this. Whatever compensation they could have given us would probably costed them next to nothing, but apparently even that’s too high a price to keep players happy.

Now I’m not hasty, so I’m still gonna wait a little more and see what happends. But next time I’ll ask myself if it’s worth keeping playing … I’ll remember this thread, and how the devs treat their players.

Edit, since apparently I have to, to un-censure my post: I stand by every word I’ve written above. Go on, “flag” me again, you’re only proving my point. And making it easier to reach a decision.

6 Likes

Amen.
I’m not hasty in my decision, this is a culmination of quite a lot of events leading up to this - this is however the final straw for me & I won’t be back. But it’s fine because I stopped paying for items in this game a while ago so I won’t be missed as I no longer contribute to the bank accounts of those in charge.

1 Like

Would it be an option to at least reimburse the resources spent individually on upgrading Sentinels? Not getting the victory seals (which the system is set up to compensate) already feels very harsh. Not getting back the participation fee for a clearly broken event is plain wrong.

7 Likes

I was really hoping for reimbursement on the resources spent on Sentinels as well. At a minimum, I thought we would receive the seals, and hopefully get reimbursed ,or have something a little extra thrown our way (keys, gold, etc). Now it looks like we won’t be getting anything. Ridiculous.

3 Likes

I’m sorry @Kafka, but I have to disagree. Not everyone was affected equally. We won Day One and at least another day or two. We were robbed of our Xp bonus and our seals. The teams we beat also did not receive bonuses as well, but they were not supposed to! The weaker teams were not affected as much as the stronger teams that won their daily matches. We worked hard to pull out our wins!

I totally understand going back through all that data to award guilds properly, or proportionally was not going to happen. But what is up with not just giving all Switch guilds something for their trouble? Why not just award the seals to everybody?

Not giving out any compensation is just plain unacceptable, and just gives the game a bad look. I am a GM and I am lucky enough to have a pretty successful guild. Like mentioned above, it is very difficult maintaining a full active guild on Switch. It is even harder maintaining a guild mixed with high and low level players, and getting everyone to play GW. My guild is successful because I have excellent players like @AlennTax who work hard, and play hard to support the guild. Without these top players , the guild would fail. When unfortunate events like these happen , and we get a response like we have so far, I don’t think its hard to understand why people get frustrated and want to quit.

Right now I have some of my top players wanting to quit the game. I have so far kept them at bay by telling them that the issue was being sorted out and support would make things right. Now what am I supposed to tell them? That all their hard work last week was for nothing? I tell them that, nobody will want to play GW anymore. There is also a very good chance my most important players will leave, and that will be pretty much be the end of my guild.

Speak to the Devs, or whoever you need to, and make things right. Please.

8 Likes

I second all of that, we actually played each other this gw (not that I have any idea who won though as I logged in after reset :rofl:) so I know the current pain you’re going through as we’re in the same bracket - I built my guild from the ground up & it’s taken some serious effort & thankfully some really great guildies to get where we are now & also to maintain where we are now. The fact that none of that has been recognised, much less compensated just shows the level of contempt we’re truly held in as a customer base - some people call this forum completely toxic, I disagree - there is toxicity (as there is on every forum) but it’s not all from the player base…

3 Likes

@Casper1875 edit the category into “feature request” and change the title to “Switch GW compensation denied by the devs”.
Since it won’t be a bug report much longer, the devs shouldn’t delete any comments.

5 Likes

The issue is perspective.
The devs don’t see the harm in what their bug caused so they see it as no harm no foul.
Where it’s actually been a lot of harm to those who won their GW days.
When people Exploit the game they do nothing (unless it’s collecting mail or making too much gold in PvP.)
And when a bug screws people out of rewards they do nothing.
So basically support from Infinity Plus 2 boils down to finding lost accounts and telling you that they will do nothing about your issue.
Geez…thanks support. :+1:

6 Likes

I wonder if guild wars, sorry bug wars, will ever be fixed and fully work before the end of the games lifespan :thinking:

3 Likes

Ty & done :+1:t2:

1 Like

Highly doubt it, the base code must of been pure shit. I remember it getting delayed for months prior to implementation. So all the extra changes over the years only produces bugs after bugs and since QA is non-existent for GW. Bugs will surely occur forever and ever. Back in the day IP2 knew they lacked the personnel to catch all the bugs so they implemented well above satisfaction compensation (for the most part). In the past 2 years the devs have done a great job reducing the overall bugs, but a GW bug literally pops up every 3 months (basically every update that isn’t a minor update). And 505 has severely limited their ability to compensate players. I imagine they now have a limit of how much compensation they are allowed to give a quarter. Which works fine in the industry where shrinkage is to be expected due to mass productions. But in gaming… Where you know your QA isn’t what it needs to be… It’s simply unrealistic to cap compensation.
Nor can a game with “service” be treated with the same budgeted compensation as other titles from the publisher.
Constant updates generate constant issues so constant compensation should be a given constant mindset. For those with actual constant common sense.
Why Overkill the word “constant”.
Because customer service for company’s are known by a simple explanation. The service is good. Or the service is bad. So if you want to be known as good customer service… It needs to be constantly good.
When you’re business model is basically dependent on “donations” with digital gifts being given in exchange. (As most free to play games are).
You can’t afford to have the reputation of bad customer service.

6 Likes