(Switch) GW compensation denied by the devs

They’re off for the weekend. I wouldn’t expect it to be resolved for at least 52 hours.
↑↑↑
Helpful related to the bug thread information.

don't click on me

Welcome to Bug Wars Switch Players! :grinning:
Randomly bugged since 2017. :man_shrugging:

• Still 100% related to the bug since history of such endless issues should matter. As far as helpful… eh… debatable. But hey you’re the one who chose to click on the thing despite being advised not to. So that’s on you bucko. :man_shrugging:
3 Likes

I was hopeful that the dev silence meant that a fix was in the works, but as awry pointed out, it’s the weekend now in Oz. So basically Switch players have to deal with a week of screwed up GW, which the Devs had notice of since Wednesday, because of some unannounced change.

Not the hugest of deals, especially if we are compensated at the end of the day, because brackets and end-of-week compensation won’t be affected. But still disappointing. Imagine the noise we’d be seeing in the forums if this happened on PC/Mobile?

1 Like

I still don’t see how any compensation (that’s if we do get any) could be calculated without going through masses of data - if they give everyone double XP for up to 6 days then how is that ‘fair’ on the guilds who won? Seals are much the same - if everyone gets 300 seals, then again how is that deemed ‘fair’ on the winning guilds?
If, as suggested within this thread, the scores are uploaded to the sever on reset then it’s the (cough) small task of going through each day to determine who actually won each day & dishing out compensation accordingly - while that’s probably easier to do on switch that’s still potentially a daunting task & one I personally don’t think anyone will undertake.

I’d rather them just compensate everybody, rather than waste the time figuring out who won/lost every GW matchup. A much better/fairer outcome than no compensation at all, I don’t care if losing teams get seals too, doesn’t hurt me.

If it’s also happening with other devices, than that’s a heck load of bugs to deal with there.

I don’t thiink it was a change that wasn’t announced, but rather the 4.7 change to 27/30 GW scoring. The other platforms had similar display problems for the 1st GW following the update, but not to the point where guilds weren’t given credit for daily wins.

Perhaps Switch has different coding issues. I hope that the weekly reset doesn’t reset all Weekly scores to 0 in the way the daily scores were reset. (And I also hope that the other platforms ‘work as intended’ during our GW event next week.)

Sucks that this happened to y’all, I’ll send some negative energy waves on your behalf.

1 Like

Is it the ‘end of the weekend’ there yet? Every single day the scores are reset & not a single guild on Switch has had any extra seals or XP bonus this week - as much as we all know you want to kill gw in favour of yet another something sigil-based event, please don’t start with the ‘poor neighbours’ :joy:

If I’m not mistaken it will be about 4 or 5 more hours til the devs are back in the office.

2 Likes

Ok ty - I’m used to bug wars from console but never had one like this the entirety of gw on PS4 iirc!

1 Like

Hey folks, I’m sorry the issue is still occurring and that I wasn’t here on Friday to communicate more information to you all. As soon as the dev who was working on this gets into the office I’ll ask him for an update on the issue and pass along the information.

4 Likes

Made an article people can follow/link their guild mates to for information while waiting:
https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001328036-SWITCH-Guild-Wars-scoring-issue

3 Likes

@Kafka I don’t know if it’ll help or not, we’ve got a message in our Guild Activity log saying we won Sunday’s guild wars. I can provide a screenshot if needed.

1 Like

bump so that devs see this

Perhaps, but this would be weird, considering Switch doesn’t have the 4.7 patch yet.

1 Like

Anyone in switch do yourself a favor get as many legendary tasks done as possible. Once on 4.7.5 you will see far less legendary tasks

1 Like

Award for understatement of the year goes to Ghaleon :wink:

Update: The issue was fixed for weekly reset yesterday, we will be continuing to investigate the cause of the issue to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Everyone should have successfully received their Weekly Guild Wars Reward mail for the correct Guild Wars ranking.

You will have also received your Daily Victory Reward mail for the last day of Guild Wars (50 Seals + 100% XP Bonus) if your guild won the day.

The first 4 days of Guild War Victory Reward Mail is missing. Because everyone on Switch was affected equally and because the system isn’t set up to compensate XP bonuses, we’ve decided not to compensate those 4 days Victory Reward Mails.

Once again we are very sorry for these issues with Guild Wars, we know how important they are (Guild Wars is the Dev Guild’s favourite weekly event too) and we’ll continue reviewing and improving our processes to help prevent issues like this in future.

1 Like

:person_facepalming:
… This is a Switch issue though. I’ll let them show you how “unequal” it really was.

I don’t mind the exp bonus that much, but is it too much to ask that we get compensated for the seals we should have received? I’m not a big fan of “it hurt everyone equally so it doesn’t matter”. I only care about my own individual progress as a player, not where I am in the “race” against other players.

4 Likes

The first 4 days of Guild War Victory Reward Mail is missing. Because everyone on Switch was affected equally and because the system isn’t set up to compensate XP bonuses, we’ve decided not to compensate those 4 days Victory Reward Mails.

Wow. The Switch version really is a money-grubbing afterthough, huh ?

3 Likes