Stupid Teams (that still win)

Dargon and gargoyle team, stupid bc most of us think Dargon is pretty stupid Best Faction Troops (all modes)? - #36 by jdk

1 Like

Three-in-One! This should tickle everyone who has been saying

1. Umenath is a weak mythic
  2. Archmagus is a weak class
  3. Queen Aurora is a weak mythic

One purple match, cast on the Big Cat, then off to the races. the Mirror both explodes and enchants, making an ishbaala half start unnecessary. 2 troops each pridelands and silverglade bonuses both give +atk. Also since the mirror cleanses, blesses and barriers it takes away some of the glass-cannon feel of Umenath up front.

Have at it!
Edit x2: handled a lvl 12 explore (mist of scales) just fine
Edit to add Code [6826,1263,6354,6365,3021,2,3,1,1,0,0,0,14028]

4 Likes

Really creative team, nice job. Reflection of Good, when used like this, may make a lot of these glass cannon troops a lot more viable in interesting ways.

I’m interested in Sledgepaw teams, so thanks for posting this one. There are clear benefits with pairing Sledgepaw with troops/weapons that change up opposing team order, to get around his restriction of attacking the first troop.

That said, does this team run into problems stalling out on mana at all? That would be my concern, since ForestG converts out both of Glaycion’s colors, and there’s no mana source feeding either Glaycion or Sledgepaw directly. Sledgepaw is pretty fast, so maybe it’s not as much of a problem as it seems on paper (especially with a +2 yellow banner)?

Exactly, more of a problem on paper. Sledgepaw
starts at 50% as a giant and the 5x5 “destroy” is more mana than it seems, bc they all count fully unlike explode

If the board ever does stall either cast rope dart (sometimes the destroy 3 gem affix loosens something up) or obviously the sledgepaw 5x5 block can reset a lot of things, usually while filling someone

Keen eye on the glaycion/FG conflict—but remember these are stupid teams on purpose—glaycion is less for making big doom skull combos, and more for being a tank if anything backfires and creating blue for the rope dart sometimes

Even if no doomskulls are matched on glaycion cast, if you got 4 blue still extra turn and then a 5x5 block with a bunch of stray doomskulls in it still does quite a bit of damage.

Aligning sledgepaw casts into extra turns is a fun challenge too. It’s not an effortless loop, it takes some finagling but overall I think this team is pretty safe

1 Like

Old/Outdated Monster Team, aka Dervish class redemption

WereWolf (by request in another thread Old but.... any new teams for the werewolf? ) and Behemoth (because no one likes Behemoth anymore)

It can be a little finicky but Werewolf is surely under appreciated as a mana generator. Dervish 3rd trait ramps everyones damage up quickly, kraken will tend to hit a lot of blue matches after a were cast

This team can win (or lose) very fast depending on the board. High-variance, but speedy matches fit the modern gameplay trend of going fast.

Like all the stupid teams, it wins more than you think

ORCS aka 2nd dumbest team ever

This team is super stupid. But wins!! It

1. doesn’t even take advantage of the barbarian third trait thing
  2. uses BOTH Grosh mythics (yep, both)

Load GarNok first and start looping. Hero Attack boosts +5, Garg magic boosts +8, and Zorn mana boosts +4 all at once on that -1 dmg. Not bad. And the back 2 are immune to death mark for L&D

I honestly didn’t even bother unlocking the barbarian 2nd or 3rd trait and this team is fine. Easy to hit over 100 attack. And you have two summons with GarNok and Zorn so even if it goes sideways you can still win if you’re patient

It looks AWFUL on paper but when you play it? Hey, could be worse :wink: trust me, it’s definitely better than the Morana/Knight team

EDIT for more specifics on why Runeforger weapon: the +10 affix stuns the first enemy which eliminates skull reduction traits, and another affix does 5 dmg to first enemy to pop barriers. Also the chip damage brings enemies into one-shot range for Zorn or Garg pretty quickly

1 Like

I’m the guy from the werewolf topic. Thanks for posting these. You got anything for black beast? I put him with Luthor, green seer, and giant spider but something feels missing. Any suggestions?

1 Like

BLACK (beast) SNACKS

This team is stupid because it’s a skull spam team with no targeted converter.

Thief class: generates hunters mark, generates gold to help egg thief, has multiple summons to feed beast, and of course half mana start and rising shadows.

Fill egg thief or hero first. “Good” mirror weapon should always cast on black beast for the positive statuses.

Other than that this ones self explanatory. Eat the drake rider, then the drake, then dragon eggs, bandits and heronaths basically forever. Sometimes you can go multiple casts without a skull match but the beast should be one-shotting things pretty quickly.

Limited play testing so far (maybe 10 pvp matches). but no losses and I did survive the hero dying once also. The problem would be if the black beast ever gets killed (like by zuul)

As long as beast is alive, it’s chaotic and fun

4 Likes

I’ve missed this thread for the last several months! Here are a couple of recent creations:

Arcturion pretty much always fills TC and leaves some brown for LoS as well. TC can refill Arcturion and LoS. Hero is mostly just there for summoning, if needed.

[6941,6645,1354,6890,3036,1,2,1,2,2,2,0,14026]

TIM is looping death incarnate when you have a bunch of souls here.

[6062,1222,6872,6297,3071,1,2,1,2,2,2,0,14026]

3 Likes

Off topic?
I didn’t read the OP. Just the title. :wink:

2 Likes

Oooooooh snap, devs!

1 Like

Because I love this thread and can’t get enough - I call this team Death by a Thousand Cuts. It even uses Dao! Class doesn’t matter.

Another good name for it is Hard to Kill, which in this case definitely has a double meaning.

[6340,1375,6993,6930,3059,1,1,2,3,1,3,0,14019]

4 Likes

Thanks for keeping the thread alive! I need to get more creative again and think of some new stupid teams too

MY STUPID TEAM IS…EMPEROR KHORVASH, MOUNTAIN CRUSHER HERO, LEPRECHAUN,AND YAO GUAI… WHY THIS TEAM DOES SO WELL I HAVE NO CLUE??? JUST GLAD IT DOES… i EVEN TOOK OUT THE HERO AND PUT DWARVEN MINER WITH NO HERO STILL DID WELL EVEN IN PVP?? IF IT WASN’T FOR STUPID TEAMS I WOULD NOT BE AT OVER 1000 LEVEL.

I’ll show some teams later.

Hell Naw Specia

This looks like some weird stuff, and it is, but boy does it work. Just fill Auspecia and cast her on herself. You should be able to figure out the rest pretty easily. Class doesn’t matter.

[6938,1258,6841,6939,3039,1,1,2,3,1,3,0,14019]

7 Likes

Born Every Minute

Explore 12 deck - sadly, no class experience.

What is going on here? A squishpile like Draakulis in first position?

All you need is one purple match and you’ve pretty much won. Cast Thrall until Shahbanu or The Emperor is full. Cast Shahbanu on The Emperor, always. After a boost or two, cast Draakulis. Congratulations, you now have plenty of life to coast along. Fill him again and end the match.

[6169,6146,6996,6817,3071,1,1,2,3,1,3,0,14019]

3 Likes

Oh this is really good. Auspecia can break the game so spectacularly, but I’d been struggling to figure out a good team around her. This is freaking great.

Here’s a stupid defense team that is just an utter nightmare to fight.

Edit: why is the fancy team picture not showing up?

[6396,6396,6396,6397,3069,1,2,1,3,1,0,0,14025]