(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

I don’t know about this…

Very likely, this will be seen on purple def. With Bane of Mercy cursing all and The Spider Throne webbing on purple, it doesn’t seem ideal… Not only that, Elemental Snap Freeze with Curse All means unless you cleanse it turn one, you’re going to be frozen for a significant amount of time.

So… you’re pushed into using Inari to stop Bane of Mercy from going off, but you’re not guaranteed to have that green->blue 3 match conversion. Despite that, The Spider Throne is immune to mana drain, so that’s going off.

I guess you can use Spirit Fox to zap Bane of Mercy or zap a non-Spider Throne and blank the Bane, but that just gives TST more of a chance to align.

Voice of Orpheus becomes a harmful option, because Curse all + alignment into Elemental 3rd trait hitting VoO means you now can’t cleanse and you’re frozen on Red which is bad for Zuul lovers.

So what is our benefits?

On yellow day, it is basically a Lamashtu. The curse all is pretty negligible as Mercy can cleanse the curse off and Moon Rabbit can neutralize the curse (one of the few times where cleanse =/= bless) to the first slot.

On blue day, it blocks Drowned Sailor’s Yellow to Blue. There’s still limited counter-play for Red to Blue and Green to Blue. I guess it opens up the option of 2 Purple Converters on Blue Day. Blue only counters Yellow, Purple, Brown currently. Bane is just another option at that point. Astral Spirit is not a true counter and the AI can still go off despite gem removal.

(Mercy, Malcandessa = counter yellow, Bane, Moonsinger = counter purple, Tai-Pan/Eldritch Minion = counter brown).

At best, the Curse All can help with your Entangle + Curse All turn 1 or gamble the Snap Freeze on a Blue enemy + Curse All and hope your Elementalist lands a freeze/stun afterwards.

The Bane of Mercy is definitely the bane of Mercy… on your team. Mercy on the enemy team, its not much of a bane shrug.

On non-Guild Wars, you can first slot High King Irongut and use Bane of Mercy to give it attack while making gems/filling Thrall, I guess? All will be eaten…

1 Like

Again cutting it a bit close on pushing next week’s events? tarans currently showing nothing scheduled next Thursday (and in-game showing no Class Trial scheduled); and a class-less Class Trial as the weekend event. What’s up?

When there’s a New Class Event for the weekend, there’s no longer a one-day event on Thursday. This happened in Hellcrag and Nexus before it.

3 Likes

Ah; so likely a new Wargare class incoming that isn’t yet in the game data and so isn’t yet on tarans? “Spiritwalker” I guess from the recent language diffs.

They might be hiding it, somehow. If not, they are cutting it extremely close, yet again.

The class weapon is listed in the Spoilers. We just don’t have specifics on the Class itself.

It certainly suggests some sort of data-dump is coming in the next couple of days, even if the “long awaited” February update isn’t part of it.

New Spiritwalker Class is: Arcane, Life, Forest

Typing is Wargare (of course)

3rd Trait was the

Trait #3: Spirit Drain
Drain 2 Mana when an Ally casts a spell.

that wasn’t assigned to anything in the previous text

Class Talent build is likely:

1: All 3 are situationally awkward: If the hero is the most important, use Resilience. If you have a purple team, maybe you want Magical Shield. If you can summon repeatedly, Haunted Web exists
5: Purification
10: Root Trap (maybe Anti-Magic Sphere might stack (20% spell reduction of 75%) with the 25% spell reduction from the 2nd trait? I still prefer Root Trap, but its worth a test)
20: Mana Source (50% mana start)… unless you really want a green storm
40: All 3 are situationally awkward: Healing Herb (gain 4 life when matching green gems) is my pick, but may you’d want the 5 armor to all green allies from Wall of Vines or 4 magic if using relics Antiquity
70: Nature’s Will/Arcane Surge (Green Link/Purple Link)… more likely to go Green with this class
100: Harvest Moon: All Wargares Allies gain 2 life after each turn (not much choice unless you really love Feys or Mystics)

Wasn’t keen on the class starting from 100, but starting from the top, seeing it as a Half-Mana start Self-Cleanse with Root Trap and Mana Drain potential isn’t too bad. Very weak to getting stunned though.

It depends on if the 3rd trait functions like a Spirit Gem and drains all or acts like Despond and drains 1 random enemy will determine if this class sees play or not.

1 Like

I can see it targetting empty troops already.

At least Despond triggers on 4+ matches so it triggers in bunches. Random enemy on ally spell cast would be even worse.

Maybe it drains from the first troop?

(And I don’t foresee it being a drain all trait, which would be quite a game-changer. But then again I didn’t foresee Elementalist being released in its current form either, so who knows. :laughing:)

1 Like

Drain from one random troop is ok, but makes the class forgettable…drain all troops makes it one of the best if not the best anti trip empowered book teams in GW. It really is one extreme or the other…

Anyone have enough Blue Deed Books for Kingdom Level 20 when Sword’s Edge reach max Power Level 30 on March 27th?

I don’t. Barely enough for books for 18. :sweat_smile:

I just upgraded Sword’s Edge to 18, but will also fall short because of blue books of deeds.

I currently have Karakoth, Zhul’kari, and now Sword’s Edge all at Power Level 18. Both Karakoth and Zhul’kari are at 27 Stars.

Imperial deeds seem to be flowing a bit easier lately, but books are still a limiting factor.

4 Likes

So I was just browsing through the released troop spoilers and something bothers me…

This is the spell description for the Bane of Mercy, coming out in a little more than three weeks: Give [Magic + 1] Attack to the first Ally, and convert Yellow Gems to Purple to boost the effect. Inflict Curse on all Enemies. [3:1]

This is the spell description for the long-ago released Fist of Zorn: Convert all Yellow Gems to Skulls. Give [(Magic / 2) + 1] Attack to the first Ally.

Seems to me that the new troop is demonstrably better, except when you place significant value on the creation of skulls as opposed to just the empowered conversion. The new troop provides at least double the Attack to the first troop – more if you convert a large number of gems – and “Curse to all” is a significant thing.

The amount of power creep just irritates me. I know it’s something that happens, but this is going a really long way. Without the “curse to all” addition, this would just elicit a reaction of “groan, another Empowered converter”. But that addition is a substantial thing and it’s something else we’ll probably see a ton of in high-bracket GW.

I get that gatcha-style games like this one thrive on FOMO and a gradual vicious cycle of increasing power to encourage players to keep up rather than rely on the old stuff. But isn’t this a little excessive?

1 Like

Star Gazer might be a closer match?

Remove all blue gems. Give [Magic] Attack to an Ally, boosted by Gems removed [4:1]

Also empowered.

It is pretty excessive, but its what happens when they create troops by template ideas and not by balance. These are the same people that stated that the Ace of Wands was released as intended, but then shortly after released The Empress.

3 Likes

Anyone knows this “unowned” troops? =) @Jeto @Kafka

Got militiaman from gold chests, and mysterious hero from glory… spent 300k glory chasing the other two but no luck thus far
:sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

About that time I suppose.

I wouldn’t even stress it. There’s a Sword’s Edge Event Week on March 27, easy to scoop them all up then.

5 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t noticed Jeto’s message.
Got one from gold chests and epic one from 800 glory keys and 50k glories.
Better wait until “Friday” for new mythic

3 Likes

Lol, very first reset, I got Militaman as one of my daily offers. That’s what I get for not getting them immediately :face_exhaling:

3 Likes