(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from (!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1) - #10111 by Dr_Killbrew.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

Didnā€™t realize a new thread would be automatically created. Anyone that hasnā€™t visited the previous thread in about a week should know there were about 8 comments in the last couple days about new troops that were just posted to Tarans. Granted, 3 of those posts were just me bitching, but there were a couple others that listed a bunch of the new troops details.

It feels like we should get to make a new OP or something.

That also looks like strong Arena troop. Deal damage to 2 enemies, inflict poisonā€¦

3 Likes

Never seen the forum do that before either ā€¦

I feel its worth restating that Essencia should actually do something when cast. ANYTHING.

1 Like

that topic was probably the longest living topic on forum and just hit a hardcap of replies allowed by forum engineā€¦

1 Like

I feel like this is worth reposting hereā€¦

• 50% mana start for Dragons finally coming Mon May 17th on troop Essencia. Unfortunately, the troop this is on is straight garbage. It summons 1-3 Dragon Spirits and explodes 10 gems IF you have a Dragon Spirit on your team (already, before the ability). It also summons a Lightstorm at the start of battle. I would much rather have a Firestorm, but a Lightstorm pairs quite well with Ishtara or Divinia. However, the ability itself is just awful. If you arenā€™t running Dragon Spirit, and you havenā€™t lost any troops, Essencia does nothing. LITERALLY. There arenā€™t many, if any, troops that literally do nothing when you cast their ability, but this is one of them, because the first part of the ability tries to summon troops (which you obviously donā€™t need to do unless youā€™ve lost troops), and the second part only explodes gems if you have that troop on your team. Not only that, but letā€™s say you start the game without Dragon Spirit, but with Essencia for the 50% mana start. You lose a troop. Now you cast Essencia. What happens? It summons a Dragon Spirit and explodes ZERO gems, because a Dragon Spirit wasnā€™t already on your team. Truly one of the worst troops Iā€™ve ever seen and Iā€™m going to go so far as to say that itā€™s worth just not even using this for the 50% mana start. Youā€™re better off using a troop that actually does something.
  • Dragon Spirit itself isnā€™t anything special. It does basic Magic+8 scatter damage with a 75% chance to Enchant all Allies (similar to Demetraxia which deals Magic+9 scatter damage and 75% chance to burn all enemies, and Venbarak which deals Magic+3 damage to all enemies with a 75% chance to disease all enemies). There are many troops that enchant all allies: Mistralus on 4+ matches, Holy St. Astra enchants all humans, Medea enchants all Daemons, etc.
  • Lycanthropy starts showing up on troops: 50% chance to convert purple gem to a lycanthropy gem at start of turn. Because the trait is literally called Lycanthropy, Iā€™m guessing we wonā€™t see other traits with similar functions but different mana colors.
  • Lots of troops also with abilities that are boosted or have conditional effects based on number of lycantrophy gems.
  • Next Mythic, Vernalis, on June 4th entangles and Faerie Fires a random enemy when matching green gems. This is a straight up better version of mythic Yasmineā€™s Chosenā€™s trait which only entangles a random enemy when matching green gems. However, Yasmineā€™s Chosen deals scatter damage and can easily loop (creates 10 green gems). This upcoming mythic gives Magic+3 attack to first 2 allies, then Magic+3 life to the 2 weakest allies, then 10 Magic to the 2 strongest allies. So it doesnā€™t create any gems or do any damage. Itā€™s a support troop, in the most accurate sense. In that case, I think itā€™s appropriate that its trait is better than Yasmineā€™s Chosen, because Yasmineā€™s Chosen creates the same color gem that she needs to activate her trait. If Yasmineā€™s Chosen also fairie fired enemies on green matches, she would be quite overpowered I believe.
  • Next Delve team is all about them skull matches. Two of the troops deal double skull damage to burning enemies. Two of them summon Hellstorms (red+purple I believe). One of them creates red/purple gems and curse/burn first enemy. The mlegendary deals damage to random enemies and curse/burn random enemy on 4+ gem matches. Now for the drawbacksā€¦ the troop with double skull damage to burning enemies is also the troop with immunity to burning. The other troop with double skull damage to burning enemies has Infernal Armor (reflects 25% skull damage). It gains Attack and Life with its ability. It isnā€™t immune to burning. Soā€¦ of course weā€™d want to put this troop in first slot, because it can give itself more attack and heal a bit. However, itā€™s going to take the most damage from mirror comps because once itā€™s burning, it will take double skull damage. Conversely, we could use the other troop that deals double skull damage because itā€™s immune to burning, but it canā€™t gain attack/life. And then thereā€™s yet another troop that has a 20% dodge chance. I never understood these. No one is going to put this one in front. It doesnā€™t do double damage to burning enemies. It canā€™t gain any attack/life. It isnā€™t immune to burning. So you basically have a 20% chance to survive a massive hit and otherwise youā€™re toast.
  • Thereā€™s a new Adana human troop coming out on June 14th that supports mechs. It gives Magic+1 Armor to the first 2 allies, then explodes 2 gems plus 1 more for each Ally and Enemy mech. Then there are her baffling traits. Trait #2 is Invention: Gain 2 Armor on 4+ Gem matches. Trait #3 (which costs more than Trait #2, as it isā€¦), is Repair: Gain 1 Armor on 4+ gem matches. Uh, what? Iā€™m pretty sure these should be the other way around. Invention gives twice as much armor on 4+ matches, but itā€™s the second talent instead of the third.
  • Sister of Nightmares is the next bounty troop and it actually looks like a fun one! She deals Magic+2 Damage to the last 2 enemies, then inflicts a random status to them, then poisons them. Of course it would suck if the random status was a poison, since poison doesnā€™t wear off and doesnā€™t stack. She has the Swift trait which starts her at 75% mana. She also has some firsts: sheā€™s the first Rogue bounty troop and the first Darkstone bounty troop. Sheā€™s also the second Purple/Green bounty troop (after Agave, which no one uses). And sheā€™s the 14th Striker bounty troop, woohoo! (We still have no Assassin or Mage bounty troops, and only 1 Warlock, 1 Warrior, and 2 Defendersā€¦ meanwhile 11 Generators and 13 Strikers, 4 Support, and 4 Warmaster.) I will definitely use her though (and not just because sheā€™ll be the captain), because she deals damage to two enemies. No other bounty troops do that (the closest to double anything is Half-Mane which deals double damage if the enemy attack is higher).
  • Legendary Beast/Monster, The Werestag, comes out on June 21st, and has the trait ā€œMoon Feverā€ which inflicts Lycanthropy on a random enemy on 4+ matches.
  • The next Mythic after the next one comes out on July 2nd: Mithrilion. Itā€™s a Construct Defender. It explodes a 3x3 Block, then gains Magicx1.5 +1 Armor. Then it Barriers a random ally for every skull destroyed. It has the talent Insane Growth (5 to a random skill on 4+ matches) as its first talent (Insane Growth is the final talent on the mythic ā€˜The Worldbreakerā€™), 50% spell reduction on its second talent, and a NEW talent, Mithril Armor, as its third: Reflect 75% of Skull damage. Of course, it isnā€™t immune to stun, so itā€™s basically useless. Anything that inflicts Stun when attacking will bypass it. Other than that though, itā€™s pretty good. It canā€™t have Fortitude, even though itā€™s from Khaziel, because it isnā€™t a Dwarf. I would have greatly preferred to seen some kind of immunity to stun though instead of Insane Growth.
  • The next bounty troop after Sister of Nightmares is Ice Orca. It will be the first bounty troop from Glacial Peaks, but it will also be the third Green/Blue bounty troop, the 7th elemental, and the 17th Beast. Yes, the 17th Beast. It will also be the 15th Striker. Itā€™s pretty interesting though. It deals Magic+2 Damage to the last enemy and freezes them, but if theyā€™re already frozen, it has a 20% chance to devour them. The interesting part is that it has Ice Armor (65% Skull damage reduction). The existing bounty ā€˜tanksā€™ are Ogress and Crysturtle which have 50%.

Next up we have FIVE mythics to talk about. Hatir & Skroll (Jul 19th), Astral Mother (Aug 6th), Ullor (Sep 3rd), Hatir Ascendant (campaign?), and Skroll Reborn (campaign?)

• Astral Mother removes all gems of a chosen color (one of my least favorites), then deals Magic+10 TRUE scatter damage, boosted by gems removed. Scatter damage is always lower than ā€œdamage all,ā€ but this damage is true damage and it has a 4x boost for each gem removed. If you remove 10 gems, thatā€™s 40 extra damage. The nice thing about scatter damage though is that it becomes more concentrated as enemies die, whereas damage to all enemies remains the same no matter how many enemies are alive. She gives Reflect to a random ally on yellow matches.

• Ullor eliminates Magic+1 attack from the first two enemies, Magic+1 Magic from the last two enemies, then drains all mana from the strongest enemies. I donā€™t know what that means ā€“ it says ā€œstrongest enemiesā€ implying multiple, but doesnā€™t say how many. Either itā€™s 2 strongest enemies, or itā€™s just the strongest enemy. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s 2 strongest, and the typo will be corrected. Its trait Ancient Chill applies Freeze and Faerie Fire on a random enemy on blue matches. This one is kind of all over the place. It definitely will shut down enemy teams though, but I wonder if he has room to be included. I could see him being used though. Heā€™s only immune to Frozen though. All the other mythics in this list are Impervious.

• Hatir & Skroll is an Elemental/Beast from Maugrim Woods. He converts all green gems to lycanthropy and all yellow to doomskulls, then summons a winter wolf or warg. His trait Feral Inspiration gives 1 attack and magic to all beast allies at the start of his turn.

• Hatir Ascendant creates 6 green gems, then converts all green gems to lycanthropy gems. Then he summons 1-3 Winter Wolves. I still have no idea what Lycanthropy gems actually do though. I donā€™t think weā€™ll see Lycanthropy gems until May 24th when when the next campaign starts and Werebat comes out (his third trait has the 50% chance to convert a purple gem to a lycanthropy gem at start of turn). He has a passive trait: Lunar Inspiration, which gives 2 Magic to all Beast allies when the turn starts. He IS a Beast himself, but heā€™s also a Boss. Heā€™s also from Maugrim Woods and is NOT a Wargare (there seems to be a lot of design conflict between wargare and beasts when it comes to Maugrim Woods).

• Skroll Reborn is also a beast/boss. He has Solar Inspiration which gives 5 attack to beasts at start of turn. He creates 6 yellow gems, then turns all yellow gems into doomskulls, then summons 1-3 Wargs.

Keep in mind with these last 3 Mythic Beasts from Maugrim Woods that we still have Wulfgarok from Maugrim Woods which gives 2 attack/magic to alllied wargare on 4+ matches. As of right now, there are 13 Wargare from Maugrim Woods but only 8 Beasts. (And 2 of them are both Wargare+Beast.) However, Forest Guardian starts all Beasts at 50% mana. There is no such 50% mana start for Wargare. That said, there is also no troop that gives 4 to all skills on 4+ matches to beasts, but there is one for Wargare (Persistence).

5 Likes

Essencia would be much better if she could explode 10 gems WITHOUT needing Dragon Spirit on the team. If this is too powerful, then have her explode 5 gems, plus explode 5 more gems if Dragon Spirit is on the team. As it is now, I would probably only run Essencia with another Dragon that uses yellow and has a really high mana cost, like Worldbreaker.

Are Tuesday delves attached to weekly kingdoms now?

2 Likes

Seems to me that the Adana/Tinkertown thing is just serendipity. If it was a planned thing, wouldnā€™t we see more synergy between which kingdoms are visited as it correlates to the Tuesday Faction Event rotation?

Not just Tinker Town. Check WereWoods, Mirrorred Halls and Primal Rift (that we just had about a month ago).

The cycle of Tuesday Faction Assaults was always in the same order as they were first released I thought?

So either the spoiler data is subject to change or the usual rotation is no longer so.

Yes, they were so far. But this new data was just introduced yesterday. So I guess, we have a new rule.

Yes, I updated that thread. If spoilers have kingdom roster for the upcoming 6 months, we know Tuesday factions as well.

What a bizarre decision. I wonder what the reasoning is to break the pattern like that. I can think of sinister reasons designed to prey on FOMO and induce impulse gem spending, but I would like to believe those are not the cause.

2 Likes

One think we can predict, if the pattern changes. The kingdoms without a faction will not appear in the rotation as long as there faction is not released.
If you look at the troop spoilers at tarans page, you can predict the tuesday event until end of July. Unfortunaly many of the kingdoms were a few weeks ago.
A better change were to change the pattern at the end of the current rotation. Just my 50 cent.

3 Likes

Not necessarily: a kingdom without a faction may have some other faction as a Faction Assault event, thatā€™s totally up to the devs.

We have 5 kingdoms (of 34) missing their Faction currently: Blackhawk, Broken Spire, Pridelands, Dragonā€™s Claw and Ghulvania.

If the pattern change is correct, the intent may be to have those Factions released by the time those kingdoms come up for their week.

We are currently in the week for Dragonā€™s Claw and next week is Ghulvania. Pridelandsā€™ week started on May 3rd, Blackhawkā€™s on March 8 and Broken Spire on February 8.

(Also, that was all super annoying to find because this forum canā€™t sort by thread creation date?)

34 kingdoms = about 8.5 months (4 week/month on average), and they release a new faction every month. They have more than enough time to avoid the scenario you propose, even if they have to push back a Faction release for a patch again. It would mean to expect Broken Spireā€™s Faction sooner rather than later, and Dragonā€™s Claw will probably be last.

All 6 weeks, without broken spire (which then will be last one six weeks later) we already have the order and spoiler dates for the rest, may change of course.

That being said, they can still release Broken Spireā€™s faction last. Weā€™ve suspected it for a bit now because its the home/default/etc kingdom.

Then again, that makes ā€œsenseā€. Not what I expect these days.