(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

8 [BATTLECRASHER_HELP] Encounters Found Today

I’m unreasonably excited about this one thing :sweat_smile:

9 [COMPLETE_THIS_MILESTONE_HEADING] Complete this milestone?
10 [COMPLETE_THIS_MILESTONE_LABEL] Would you like to complete this milestone for %1 Gems?
13 [MILESTONE_COMPLETED] Milestone Completed
66 [SKIP_MILESTONE] Skip Milestone
67 [SKIP_MILESTONE_DESCRIPTION] Spend Gems to complete the current milestone
68 [SKIP_TASK_DESCRIPTION] Spend Gems to complete this task Spend Gems to complete this task fully
78 [TRIALS] Trials
79 [TRIALS_DESCIPTION] Complete Trials to learn about new effects in battles, while earning rewards.

:thinking:

5 Likes

new Court of Foxes faction troops this Friday makes no sense to me.

Phantom Fox

Soulburn
Choose one: Explode [Magic + 1] Purple Gems. OR Mana Burn the first 2 Enemies.

Mana Color: Blue, Red
Mana Cost: 12

Shadow Fox

Skulk
Choose one: Convert all Yellow Gems to Spirit Gems. OR Covert all Yellow Gems to Skulls.

Mana Color: Red, Purple

The Foxfire King

Cunning Flame
Choose one: Deal [Magic + 2] true damage to all Enemies. OR Deal [Magic + 2] true damage to the weakest Enemy, boosted by Red Gems and Spirit Gems. [3x]

Mana Color: Green, Red
Mana Cost: 16

Trait #3: Foxfire
50% chance to inflict Faerie Fire on a random Enemy when matching Red Gems.

Court Herald

Fox Blade
Choose one: Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an Enemy, and summon a Shadow Fox. OR Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an Enemy, and gain 5 Magic.

Mana Color: Green, Brown
Mana Cost: 3

(that mana cost has to be an error/unfinished, right?)

So we have:

1. an exploder (I don’t expect anyone to mana burn). Fair

2. a yellow to blue or yellow to skulls. Fair

3. true damage to all enemies or similar true damage to 1 enemy. … why make a choice troop when one choice is clearly way better than the other in most situations? It faerie fires on Red (when the other troop makes Blue or Skulls). Its also overcosted at 16 mana.

4. deal damage and summon or deal damage and gain 5 magic

For a team with the most choices out of almost every faction, this team has basically the least amount of synergy I’ve seen out of all factions.

It does nothing to enhance skulls but makes skulls. It only has one troop that uses blue (and its an exploder) and yet it makes Spirit Gems. It only has one troop that does true damage, which doesn’t help the mana burner or damage summoner at all…

I’m also not a fan of the summoner making Shadow Fox. Converting the yellow to blue or skulls doesnt tie back to the Court Herald in any way… I was picturing something like the old troop Spiritdancer which makes a Spirit Fox that work together as summoner + summon that matters. Here… they just exist.

Why does the team have a Spirit Gem theme when only one troop makes Spirit Gems, only one troop benefits from the color, and only one troop gets a damage boost based on Spirit Gems?

Why is the 3rd trait Red based when the team doesn’t do anything with Red outside of being Red?

Now that I think about it, why have a mana burner on a team with Spirit Gems? Spirit Gems make the mana burner weaker when taken… which is what happens when you decide to make Spirit Gems for that troop (since its the ONLY troop that uses Blue)

Since the new delve is this Friday, I just don’t see them fixing any of this at all…

11 Likes

I agree with everything you said, but sort of see the value of this troops second skill. If you are down to a tank like single troop or want to clean up one real nasty troop you have the option of doing 60ish true damage to all troops or 100ish true damage to one. It still is bad because to really get value out of this we should be able to chose the target of the second spell so we could always take out that nasty troop we want, but it still is not completely worthless.

The rest of the kingdom was designed by someone who does not care about the game at all, and clearly does not play it.

4 Likes

The “attack one troop” option would be useful if the entire enemy team is submerged, but that seem unlikely in delves.

1 Like

It’s too bad they already used the True Damage or Splash Damage spell option on a different troop. That might have been a good one for this Delve towards that purpose. Affixes from beating rooms can suck sometimes.

I suppose that if you had enough red/spirit gems on the board, it might be a decision worth considering. At least if the boost made enough of a difference to kill that weakest unit. Even then, it would probably be a better choice if you could pick the target as opposed to the default to “weakest enemy”.

It’s probably not a common scenario. The “strategy” for pure faction is probably a combination of spamming True Damage to everybody combined with strategic conversion of Gems for board control.

But it’s something worth keeping in mind.

1 Like

I suppose it depends upon the layout of the delve, but there is that one Tier V room that grants all enemies Tidal Flux.

I assume these have been in since the update, just remembered to check the graphics. Easter holiday event armor? :rabbit:

The female version looks cool :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

The boost is 3 extra damage per red or spirit gem. I think an extra 30 true damage or so is probably the average outcome; 50+ if you have a very favorable board. Whether that makes the single target option better is up to debate. Would have been a little better if you could choose the target.

The Foxfire King is now:

Cunning Flame
Choose one: Deal [Magic + 1] true damage to all Enemies. OR Deal [Magic + 1] true damage to the weakest Enemy, boosted by Red Gems and Spirit Gems. [2x]

… I guess they thought the 2nd part of the ability was strong enough before? … Hitting the weakest was already bad, but now this part is even weaker. Meanwhile losing 1 damage to all enemies is slightly less significant.

I don’t know what they’re doing with this game, I wish someone could explain it to me in a meaningful way.

Court Herald is
Mana Color: Green, Brown

so crisis adverted

1 Like

Two words : Balance change.

It’s not always changes that you preferred to happen, or the one that benefits you the most.

It’s about how it is balanced for everyone, so I’m glad you’re not in charge and get to decide things.

[TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3601]
When this Gem is destroyed, it will give 10 gold to the player that destroyed it.

A gold making gem!

1 Like

They balanced to nerf the weaker part of the spell. No one is benefiting from this change. There’s even less reason to use the 2nd part of the spell.

If wasting everyone’s time is how you like it, have at it.

Speak for yourself, man. You don’t know how everyone feel. Me and a lot of people will bw benefiting from this because the AI Firefox will be weaker when it pick the focus spell, and with a lot of Faeiry Fire going around, every little bit help.

You rarely want to pick the 2nd part for yourself anyway, because the lack of easy target, not because of this nerf.

So in a way, it help making the faction a bit easier, which is great.

Or do you actually forget to consider that AI can use the troop too, and that a troop too strong can be a problematic. See how Elementalist can be tough to deal in GW with they start to loop and you can’t recover from debuff.

If you’re truly benefitting in the Pure Faction run because the AI is doing 10 less damage to a single target, then there’s something missing from your own strategy.

It doesn’t boost the damage to all enemies.

This is flawed in every sense of the word. You call me for “Balance change” yet acknowledge the 2nd part will rarely be used. Part of “Balance” should want to make the option to be useable, not something to avoid.

There’s definitely a problem here that they have to design a troop poorly to make a faction a bit easier. I don’t care about a faction’s difficulty; I want troops that are actually useable outside of a dumb gimmick.

Regurgitating a previous point:

If around 10 more true damage to 1 troop is causing your strategy to fail, chances are your strategy is flawed.

So the boost ratio at 3x to the weakest enemy (1 target) is too strong that it warrants a comparison to Elementalist?

Sure.

4 Likes

The Faerie Fire won’t even matter.

It’s a 50% chance to trigger on one random target and there’s no way to replenish Red Gems on the board except for an Exploder. (and there’s no Fire Storm to bring in more Red Gems). You could even be trying to reapply FF to the same target, making it show up even less.

If anyone is doing pure faction this weekend, there’s a very high chance they’ll be blessed anyways where FF won’t stick until they do something.

Talking about Balance changes, I didn’t even bring up the fact they power crept a lot of the other Faction troops to have multiple effects on 4/5 matches yet The Foxfire King 3rd trait is half of the effectiveness of Tinseltail and Suna and has no comparison to Ullor and Vernalis. Didn’t think it was a big deal.

But sure, 3x boost ratio to 2x to 1 target is the balance this game needed that I’m doing wrong. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

welp; Tarans listing two Raid Boss events scheduled for next weekend; so there’s still scheduling weirdness going on.

Aaand tarans updated again and is just showing the Broken Spire/Igneus Raid Boss; I guess we just lost the previously-scheduled Vulpacea/Sable Spiritbane Raid Boss weekend? Boo.

I see the troop has moved to Apr 24 (after the current campaign pass).

Guess there was some last minute issues with it. Considering the missing pet from the current delve event, I could only imagine what happened.

No big deal, it’ll come eventually. Feels like a waste to do a repeat Raid Event, but eh, could be worse.

Remember the 2023 Roadmap announcement from Sirrian?

The secret plan has finally been revealed, the part of Gems of War that has needed some love for the longest time are Gargantaur and Shade of Zorn! The mythic scheduled for next month guarantees they will no longer be called the worst myhics in the game.

7 Likes