(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

First useless Deep Delve faction troop?

I wish whoever designs troops could take a look at this troop and notice it doesn’t fit this faction at all…

1 troop gives the team attack buffs and inflicts bleed via 3rd trait
1 troop creates red gems and randomly inflicts a bleed
1 troop makes skulls (poorly)
1 troop does splash damage that inflicts bleed

This troop… faerie fires?

It interacts with 1 other troop of the faction until you run into the same problems the rest of the faction runs into: Impervious. This isnt a spell dealing faction, so this faerie fire makes no sense.

The things this delve is missing: Curse / Multi-stacks of Bleed/ Team Heal/ Summons etc…

And for the love of Krystara, that 0.8 better not be 0.8 damage total ala 1 magic like Ace of Wands.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get it. Spell-based troop in attack-based faction, just why…?

Faerie Fire is such a weird choice too. And you don’t want to bring Asp in your team anyway. So it will just boost itself, and rarely cast. It’s not even red to benefit from Shaman.

The damage is just 80% ratio for sure. Ace of Wands is the only strange exception in the game. And at least, the damage will be boosted by bleeding at least. :sweat_smile:

Still, gotta bring him in the team and try to win. Ugh…

I just checked Taransworld, new kingdom on Feb.20th?!

Vulpacea the kingdom that’ll give us a Hero Class for Wargare .

I agree that Faerie Fire is a curious choice that doesn’t seem to meld particularly well with the rest of the faction. Hunter’s Mark would probably be more useful.

But I disagree on the Asp. When I did Fang Moor as pure faction, I actually brought two Asps with me and employed a strategy where I’d pummel the most troublesome (rear-echelon) enemy units with them while holding Chef Dargon’s spell once I had raised Attack a couple of times and it no longer made a difference. (Unless I could cast it in a way that guaranteed me an extra turn.) Or to use against enemy units with skull damage resistance if I hadn’t been able to beef up Dargon. And because splash damage + poison + bleed adds up over time.

I still wouldn’t be inclined to use the new troop in place of one of the Asps, because the additional damage that Faerie Fire would provide simply wouldn’t amount to much. Even if it’s guaranteed to take effect before the spell damage would be calculated.

3 Likes

Last two language diffs on tarans are empty; did something go wrong in the extraction?

Somewhat notable also that tomorrow’s glory troop Inari is still showing on tarans with TBD spell description and unavailable traits; usually upcoming troops are populated by now?

Either that, or the devs will really cutting it so close with the info, so more prone to even more errors they won’t have time to fix last minute.

It’s not just Inari too, next World Event didn’t have any info too, neither does February Mythic. No Campaign story either, and Tuesday faction is still wrong. That’s a lot to do in not many hours.

The automatic World Event post here should be arrive in around 5 hours, so we will see, I guess. I really hope they have all the data ready to post, and just didn’t update.

Also, not sure how related the empty language diff is to this late data problem. I was curious why too, but I don’t see any info that point to it being some major error on the site.

3 Likes

The latest info has gone through, and there’s a trove of info to sort out.

One thing I’m sure everyone was looking forward to the prospect of … Lycanthropy troop in the new kingdom.

4 Likes

the whole kingdom is meh.

Oh, so now they’re making the WIld Queen and Wild King into a full cycle of mythics.

They have seriously ran out of ideas at this point.

Chiron
Best Bugatti ever!

Celestial Sight
Create 8 Yellow Gems and 8 Spirit Gems. Gain Enchantment.

uh… Enchantment?

Single-Color Legendary?
:thinking: :vulcan_salute:

#tarotVibes

So we know about next Journey restriction already, from the weapon!

Skulking Shot
Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an Enemy, boosted by Green Allies and Wargare Allies. [3x]

Green Wargare, pretty much expect, so Wulfgarok-based team is an option at least. Todd Greenwood is also another Chalcedony variant, sacrificing his dual ability like his friend, so he would be good at looping at least.

And Tricker’s Shot is an option again too. :yum:

It’s a placeholder. If any troop that’s not a common or tarot have a single-red mana/ Arcane rage traitstone, it’s not final.

So far, only Heart of Rage is the only exception. The only non-tarot, non-gnome troop to be available only in the vault too!

Kinda want more special artifact like that, but still prefer they finish with tarot first, and with Minor Arcana already starting, it might take years…

1 Like

Journey is locked to the troops from the kingdom, so no Wulfgarok for Vulpacea journey. It’s going to be a another weird one, Journey event on the week the new kingdom is released sucks.

1 Like

Nope. Journey is restricted to color & type. Use troops from whatever kingdom you please.

1 Like

I stand corrected, thanks!

Why do I remember the first journey being a problem due to the kingdom? :thinking: I’m getting old :sweat_smile:

Because Green Elemental kinda suck. lol.

Also, schedule didn’t change yet. Vulpacea will debut on 4th Campaign week at Feb 20th, ahead of their March roadmap schedule.

And curiously, no repeating week at all. Three weekend for new kingdom usually have Class/Faction/Bounty in that order. Do they want to postpone Bounty for later, and have weekend Raid with new troop instead? That would be strange.

Raid full-week that’s not syce with Kingdom event week is also very weird, unless they replace Journey week with it, which they likely won’t.

The biggest issue with all 19 troops released during this period would be the lack of 2 more Glory troop though. Not much alternative way to release them then.

Yeah, not a fan.

I get that it’s their idea of trying to introduce the new kingdom, but I prefer if they postponed it so the kingdom is established a bit before starting the journey.

The idea of spamming Chalcedony clone into whatever team isn’t the greatest fun on my end.

1 Like

A blue/yellow empowered converter that not only raises Attack on first troop, but also Curses all. I can see this changing things up in GW. This combined with Elementalist class is going to ruin some people’s day.

EDIT: Between this and Inari as a counter to empowered troops susceptible to Mana drain/steal, things look like they might get shaken up a bit for the metas in GW for sure.

4 Likes

This is also a good counter to Elementalist class. Curse means we can stun it.

Also true. These are some interesting choices added to the mix, and they at some level are addressing balance concerns for using Elementalist as a crutch.

If a team can get Bane of Mercy rolling into Inari on turn one due to good starting board, you not only have Cursed the entire opposing team, but also have mana drained all empowered troops plus Anu medalled ones and potentially refilled Bane of Mercy since it synergizes with blue Spirit gem creation. It would be limited to Yellow Attack teams, but that could end up being really nasty.